Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 15th Jul 15, 10:56 PM
    • 1,658Posts
    • 3,966Thanks
    fredsnail
    0 WOW
    Lose Weight 37
    • 15th Jul 15, 10:56 PM
    0 WOW
    Lose Weight 37 15th Jul 15 at 10:56 PM
    Welcome to our new thread

It's Summer time so it's time to shift the lbs and get the figure you've always wanted

Welcome to the place where we encourage you not to save £'s but to lose Lb's instead

So you wanna lose weight? Whether you want to lose a few pounds or several stone - you've come to the right place! Need a chat, a shoulder, encouragement and advice perhaps or even some downright silliness (even late at night or early in the morning)??

Pull up a chair and join in the chat, whatever plan you're following to lose weight, be it SW, WW, RC, or just plain old reducing what you eat and increasing the exercise, there'll be someone here that can help and advise, or offer moral support. The more you join in the chat more support you will get from the thread.

There are plenty of regulars here who follow all types of plan and will be willing and able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

During the course of the week, feel free to post your weekly loss, gain or no change, and see your results in a chart that's updated every Wednesday evening. To help me quickly spot the losses late at night, please post the loss as BOLD and Colourful as possible (Its helps those of us with bad eyes )

The chart is currently maintained by me, so if you can post your result before 10pm on a Wednesday you will be included on the chart.

Also you can take part in the 5lb monthly challenge - This is a fun mini motivational monthly challenge, in which the goal of losing 2lb per week, is spread out to 5lb per month. To get started so get your name down quick and post your name and start the new list. You could be Slimmer of the Week, or Slimmer of the Month!

We also currently have a monthly team challenge so if you want to join one of the teams it's never too late. This month we've a Home v Away challenge. If you want to take part send me a pm with the team you want to join and your starting weight. Then post your loss (or gain) each Wednesday

Sometimes we also have a monthly exercise challenge this month we're climbing the equivalent of the Blackpool Tower twice a week. We try to make these challenges suitable for all levels of fitness to encourage as many people to take part.

A few abbreviations:
    STS ~ Stay The Same (No change in weight)
    SOTW ~ Slimmer Of The Week
    SOTM ~ Slimmer Of The Month

We have plenty of recipes to help you in the recipes thread (link below) and there are links to useful websites below.
    There are some friendly peoples 'Before and After' Pics on Lose Weight 19 and 20

So come and join us, we're a friendly bunch! There are even one or two gentlemen hiding amongst us! You might even enjoy it
Page 36
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 31st Jan 18, 5:48 AM
    • 3,453 Posts
    • 17,807 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Morning all. Gain of 0.9lbs for me this week.
    I!!!8217;ve gone back to using our old scales as I couldn!!!8217;t get the app to sync with the new scales. It also weighed me 3 different weights in 5 minutes while I was trying to get it to work.
    I trust the old scales more!
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    Jan NSD's - 11/25 / Lose weight 2.1 lbs / 50 lbs
    EF Challenger #36 £1000/£5050
    • Syman
    • By Syman 31st Jan 18, 5:16 PM
    • 2,444 Posts
    • 6,032 Thanks
    Syman
    lost a pound this week

Weekly Totals
    65,326 steps 60 floors 30.95 miles 20,095 calories
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow..

Bookworm's Thread 2018 reading Challenge total :- 8/48
    • dannie
    • By dannie 31st Jan 18, 6:09 PM
    • 1,592 Posts
    • 3,662 Thanks
    dannie
    STS since 17/1/18.

Outdoor bike miles for January 2018 = 22 miles.
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 31st Jan 18, 11:41 PM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 3,966 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Here's this week's chart:

Congrats to our SoTW Syman this week
    - congrats to our losers and STSers - keep going everyone.

If anyone wants to join the 5lb challenge next month please post below.

Here's this weeks chart for our Melbourne challenge:

Next months challenge will be to climb Everest - starting at base camp reaching the summit will be a climb of 11,328 feet. You can climb flights of stairs - or if your exercise is distance I will convert it to a number of feet.

If you wish to take part please post below.

This weeks quote is by Anon.
    "Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
    • Poppy27
    • By Poppy27 2nd Feb 18, 11:23 PM
    • 252 Posts
    • 1,449 Thanks
    Poppy27
    Thanks Fred. Please add me to the 5lb challenge for Feb.

I don!!!8217;t measure steps/distance so won!!!8217;t be able to climb Everest this time around. Happy to sit out of the exercise challenge this time round. I!!!8217;m making good progress at th gym, and I!!!8217;m quite proud for completing 70% of the Melbourne challenge
    I recall the last time I did the Everest challenge with you Fred (I think it was about 6 years ago!!) I used a stepper machine in my living room! Don!!!8217;t have it anymore.
    • Poppy27
    • By Poppy27 2nd Feb 18, 11:25 PM
    • 252 Posts
    • 1,449 Thanks
    Poppy27
    Why do apostrophes keep turning into !!!and numbers? Is it happening on everyones screens or just mine?!
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 3rd Feb 18, 5:23 PM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 3,966 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Why do apostrophes keep turning into !!!and numbers? Is it happening on everyones screens or just mine?!
    Originally posted by Poppy27
    I can see it in your posts but it doesn't appear to be happening on anyone elses.
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 3rd Feb 18, 5:24 PM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 3,966 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Thanks Fred. Please add me to the 5lb challenge for Feb.

I don!!!8217;t measure steps/distance so won!!!8217;t be able to climb Everest this time around. Happy to sit out of the exercise challenge this time round. I!!!8217;m making good progress at th gym, and I!!!8217;m quite proud for completing 70% of the Melbourne challenge
    I recall the last time I did the Everest challenge with you Fred (I think it was about 6 years ago!!) I used a stepper machine in my living room! Don!!!8217;t have it anymore.
    Originally posted by Poppy27
    No problem Poppy - you can always post the amount of time you do exercise and I'll convert it into steps.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 7th Feb 18, 6:58 AM
    • 3,453 Posts
    • 17,807 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Can I be added to the 5kb challenge again please.

1.2 lbs loss this week
    • Syman
    • By Syman 7th Feb 18, 5:31 PM
    • 2,444 Posts
    • 6,032 Thanks
    Syman
    STS this week

Weekly Totals
    53,714 steps 33 floors 25.43 miles 18,974 calories

• dannie
    • By dannie 7th Feb 18, 7:41 PM
    • 1,592 Posts
    • 3,662 Thanks
    dannie
    - 4lb since last week. Indoor biking and two outdoor biking trips done. Diet about the same (?).
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 7th Feb 18, 11:25 PM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 3,966 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Here's this week's chart:

Congrats to our SoTW Danny this week
    - congrats to our losers and STSers - keep going everyone.

Here's this weeks chart for our Everest challenge:

This weeks quote is by Anon.
    "We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but of appreciating what we do have."
    • Poppy27
    • By Poppy27 8th Feb 18, 2:56 PM
    • 252 Posts
    • 1,449 Thanks
    Poppy27
    OH dear. Spent all day today thinking it!!!8217;s Wednesday! 2lb loss for me this week but will roll it over to next week - if I can get my days right!! Doh!
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 14th Feb 18, 7:42 AM
    • 3,453 Posts
    • 17,807 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    1.6lb loss for me, although weirdly fat % has gone up 0.9%??

Marathon training is going well, it was hailing here on Sunday, so had to do my long run on the treadmill (which I hate) treadmill kept resetting when it reached an hour, which was frustrating, but I managed my 14 miles while watching The Hobbit on my Kindle
    Got a nasty blister on my toe that I'm fighting against now (still managed my 5 miles yesterday with it) I have 2 pairs of running shoes, so it's nice to put on the other pair that is built a little differently so it doesn't irriate the same spots.
    Have a good day all
    • dannie
    • By dannie 14th Feb 18, 3:39 PM
    • 1,592 Posts
    • 3,662 Thanks
    dannie
    + 1lb since last Wednesday. Things still about the same regarding diet and exercise. Weather here also not so good/safe for outdoor exercise.

Thanks.
    • Syman
    • By Syman 14th Feb 18, 4:27 PM
    • 2,444 Posts
    • 6,032 Thanks
    Syman
    no change in weight again.

Weekly Totals
    78,154 steps 66 floors 36.61 miles 20,634 calories

• fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 14th Feb 18, 11:04 PM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 3,966 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Apologies my excel is playing up tonight and won't load properly.

I have to be up at 5am so will try to get the chart done tomorrow night once I can sort out excel.

• mlarmour
    • By mlarmour 15th Feb 18, 1:22 AM
    • 61 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    mlarmour
    Hope you all don!!!8217;t mind me joining in here, I could do with a kick up the backside in terms of weight loss. I!!!8217;ve got another 2 stone to lose, i!!!8217;ve lost around 4 stone already though quite a bit of that was not done safely as i was very ill and rapidly lost weight. The invite to my friend!!!8217;s wedding arrive today and it!!!8217;s made me realise how close it actually is.
    I!!!8217;ve been stuck at my current weight for almost 3 months, I just need to get my lazy bum moving but as i!!!8217;ve got a chronic illness i keep telling myself its not in my best interest because it makes the pain and fatigue worse but then so does the excess weight.
    Money saved in 2018: £14.68 in jar, £250 added to savings. Total: £264.68
    • fredsnail
    • By fredsnail 15th Feb 18, 6:34 AM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 3,966 Thanks
    fredsnail
    Welcome to the thread and good luck
    • Poppy27
    • By Poppy27 15th Feb 18, 2:58 PM
    • 252 Posts
    • 1,449 Thanks
    Poppy27
    Welcome mlarmour

Oh excel can be such a pain Fred!

I!!!8217;ve lost 0.5lb this week - plus 2lb last week - total 2.5 lb please!

Thanks for the offer fred but I!!!8217;m happy to sit the exercise challenge out this month
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,664Posts Today

9,717Users online

Martin's Twitter