IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ZZPS/Wright Hassall Threatening County Court Proceedings

Options
aaarrrggh
aaarrrggh Posts: 28 Forumite
edited 5 August 2016 at 2:48PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi There,

I've been pestered by these scumbags for around 6 or 7 months now - they recorded my car having been parked near Liverpool airport, and their well organised scam came into play. The van literally just sits there waiting for unsuspecting people to drive onto this lane, and then drives 50 yards down the road and takes pictures of people. They are claiming that because I am the registered owner I should be the one to pay up, but have not provided any proof that I was driving my car at the time.

After their constant harassment they are now threatening to take me to court. I'm actually still pretty clueless on all this stuff and it now feels like I am actually about to be taken to court by them. I still have no intention of paying them as they're just scam artists, but I have no idea what I should say if I were taken to court, and even taking a day off work would be quite an inconvenience for me.

Can anybody please advise? Is it likely I'm going to be taken to court now, and if so, what should I be preparing for my defence? I've no idea!

The forum wouldn't allow me to post the direct link to the image, so you can get to it by adding http:// to this:

imgur.com/kwh3F0w

Comments

• enfield_freddy
    enfield_freddy Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    Options
    ZZPS/Wright Hassall

and the company that caught you STOPPING , not parking was let me guess ,,,,,,,,,,,,, umm VCS?
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    edit , umm excel , since when do they have a SIGNED contract IN THERE name with JLA

do a quick search on this forum for ZZPS/Wright Hassall and you will see the scam
  • ColliesCarer
    ColliesCarer Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    Options
    The Parking companies trawl the forums - you should edit your post to be in the third person and remove any details that could identify your case - e.g blank out the date and time on your image as even that level of detail can identify your case or don't provide a link to it all as it's been seen frequently on the forums

They will not be taking you to court - the clue is the wording may do this, may do that.

So don't worry - use Search the Forum function using various search terms ZZPS Wright Hassall VCS Excel JLA and you will see it's a common threat from them

VCS (sister company of Excel) are the ones patrolling JLA.

Vital the driver is never revealed as Airport land is not relevant land for them to be able to pursue the keeper and they know it.

As you haven't been in contact with them you should continue to ignore.

Chances of them taking the keeper to court on an airport case are zero and if they did they would lose.
  • aaarrrggh
    Options
    Yes it was Excel originally. They are definitely a scam - just the way it happened proves that as far as I'm concerned. They literally have a white van parked off a side street, and as soon as you go down the street with the signs on it (not that I saw the signs in the first place), the van drives around the corner and takes pictures of you. I go to Liverpool airport a lot as we have relatives abroad, and I see that van parked there all the time.

Every step of the way on this forum people have told me not to worry. I did appeal but the appeal was rejected, and I've not really stressed that much until now when it seems they may well take me to court soon.

I found this site: parkingfine-appeals.co.uk/breach-agreed-sum

Which gives me some useful advice because they did originally claim a high charge (I think it was £68 if memory serves me correctly - something like that), so I can certainly say “the amount claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of the loss suffered by the parking company, and is therefore an unenforceable penalty”, because that is blatantly true.
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    sisters do not mix , signage says VCS ,

still non relevant land tho ,

fake letter from ZZPS , pretending to be WH ,
  • aaarrrggh
    Options
    The Parking companies trawl the forums - you should edit your post to be in the third person and remove any details that could identify your case - e.g blank out the date and time on your image as even that level of detail can identify your case or don't provide a link to it all as it's been seen frequently on the forums

They will not be taking you to court - the clue is the wording may do this, may do that.

So don't worry - use Search the Forum function using various search terms ZZPS Wright Hassall VCS Excel JLA and you will see it's a common threat from them

VCS (sister company of Excel) are the ones patrolling JLA.

Vital the driver is never revealed as Airport land is not relevant land for them to be able to pursue the keeper and they know it.

As you haven't been in contact with them you should continue to ignore.

Chances of them taking the keeper to court on an airport case are zero and if they did they would lose.

Cheers mate. I've updated the picture now to remove the date and time of the incident.

To ZZPS/Right hasle/Excel/VCS or whatever employees reading this post - you guys are scum of the highest order.
  • enfield_freddy
    Options

Which gives me some useful advice because they did originally claim a high charge (I think it was £68
    if memory serves me correctly - something like that), so I can certainly say “the amount claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of the loss suffered by the parking company, and is therefore an unenforceable penalty”, because that is blatantly true.

NO NO NO , they cannot pursue the claim , if ever there was one

1: you were not parked
    2: the land is not relivent to the POFa 2012

in court they wsill be shot down.

excel , do not have a contract for JLA , there ugly sister (vcs) does , and pays them £20,000 a year for permission to drive up and down that road !!!!

the signage clearly says VCS , not excel , ugly sisters can,t play this game ,
  • aaarrrggh
    Options
    sisters do not mix , signage says VCS ,

still non relevant land tho ,

fake letter from ZZPS , pretending to be WH ,

Could you please explain this a bit further? Particularly the part about the signage? Does Liverpool airport say VCS? Does that actually make a difference? I'm not sure how this all works I'm afraid.

As a side, and as an open question to everyone here - is there any possibility of forming a legal action AGAINST excel for this? They're surely not operating legally - could we arrange some kind of class action lawsuit against them?
  • ColliesCarer
    ColliesCarer Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    Options
    aaarrrggh wrote: »

Which gives me some useful advice because they did originally claim a high charge (I think it was £68 if memory serves me correctly - something like that), so I can certainly say “the amount claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of the loss suffered by the parking company, and is therefore an unenforceable penalty”, because that is blatantly true.

Your strongest defense is it is not relevant land for POFA 2012 Schedule 4 to apply therefore as keeper you can not be held liable for the charge.
  • aaarrrggh
    Options

Which gives me some useful advice because they did originally claim a high charge (I think it was £68
    if memory serves me correctly - something like that), so I can certainly say “the amount claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of the loss suffered by the parking company, and is therefore an unenforceable penalty”, because that is blatantly true.

NO NO NO , they cannot pursue the claim , if ever there was one

1: you were not parked
    2: the land is not relivent to the POFa 2012

in court they wsill be shot down.

excel , do not have a contract for JLA , there ugly sister (vcs) does , and pays them £20,000 a year for permission to drive up and down that road !!!!

the signage clearly says VCS , not excel , ugly sisters can,t play this game ,

Just out of interest, how do you know about the land not being relevant to this action? And how come VCS are not patrolling it if the signage is owned by them?

I'm asking because I'd use the information you're providing against them if it did go much further.

Cheers for the help so far everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport