We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What is the most moneysaving/stingy thing you do?

Options
Mine is cutting the tops off tubes of cream/lotion to get the last bit out!

Comments

• Drp8713
    Drp8713 Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I bought Wairose Essentials baked beans the other day. To be fair they actually taste pretty much identical to Heinz.
  • Onawingandaprayer
    Options
    To numerous to recall, but known for wandering round the house switching off all the lights my wife has just switched on.
  • Gram_Parsons
    Options
    For kitchen bin liners I use the charity bags that come through the door seemingly every day.
    1956 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    i have a tin box I put all the lose change in , 1p, 2p, 5 p 10p , not higher , I pick up any left laying around the house even if not mine! or even the 1p I see out and about on the floor etc people have dropped, and every year end I cash in , you can be surprised how much accumulates !
    If i dont do it someone else will!
  • Waldorf_Statler
    Options
    Making my own lunches to take to work for £5 a week rather than spending £5 a day buying it from sandwich shops.
  • puk999
    puk999 Posts: 552 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I picked 1p off the pavement on Friday evening.
  • mandragora_2
    mandragora_2 Posts: 2,611 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 December 2014 at 11:17AM
    Options
    Apparently, suggesting that I book (and pay for) Premier Inn for the family party of seven that we wanted to take away, as part of a visit to Longleat. It would have cost £89 in total for three rooms for us all for the night. I was roundly berated, because I caviled at spending around £500 for the same party of seven to stay at an upmarket pub for one night, because my mum was going to be included, and, even though I know she likes Premier Inns, my brother told me off for being 'cheap'.
    Reason for edit? Can spell, can't type!
  • pip895
    pip895 Posts: 1,178 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Swapped energy supplier - total saving around £500 :)
    1956 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    puk999
    leave my pennies alone! LOL
    If i dont do it someone else will!
  • yorpington
    Options
    I too follow people around turning off lights! And nab change :)

I also trim my own hair at home instead of paying £££ for someone else to do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport