We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What are your favourite debt-busting items??!

Options
hummingbird
hummingbird Posts: 1,522 Forumite
edited 12 November 2013 at 5:55PM in Debt-free wannabe
Hi all, I don't know if this has been done before, but I was wondering what everyday items are helping us bust our debts/save money??!

I will nominate my dressing gown because I can wear it over my clothes when watching tv/pottering around the house etc and it is saving me on heating.:j

And also my thermos flask which is great for storing boiled water for that second cuppa, no need to reboil kettle.:j

Can't wait to hear your suggestions and how you are using the items!!!!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
£10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:

Comments

• cottage_retreatist
    Options
    hey hummingbird!

what a great idea! I'd say my tupperware/foil container stash so every meal can be made as double portions so I know I have containers I can put the stuff in to freezer the other half/other 10 portions hehe! Otherwise I reckon I'd have loads of wastage!

Also my fleece onesie - like your dressing gown except more awkward in the bathroom!!!!!! hehe!!! I wear it round the house everywhere and we don't need the heating on - or at least I don't!!!!!! :)

C-R xx
    Debts @ LBM (May 2013): £25,250.27 | Debt Free: May 2015 :j:j
  • vics199
    vics199 Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    I'm also a big fan of keeping warm in my dressing gown but my nomination is my laptop - there is always money to be made on the internet and obviously it allows me to access this forum with all its ideas for money saving and money making!
  • WifeandMummy
    Options
    My hot water bottle!

Also my lunch box and my portable tea mug thingy.

ooo and not forgetting my slow cooker.

I also agree the interent helps me loads to budget, find the best deals and generally keep on track xxx
    DEBT FREE BY CHRISTMAS 2015 - #018
    £204.38 / £11,360.14 1.8%

SEALED POT CHALLENGE - #33
  • BEAT_THE_DEBT
    Options
    My plastic water bottle.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My fuzzy socks and a big hoody; to keep me warm and keep the heating off.
    My notepad and pen; to keep track of my spending and helps me write endless lists!
  • hummingbird
    Options
    I wouldn't be without my laptop either - access to all the bargains and tips!

I've been wondering about getting a slow cooker!:money:
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
  • hummingbird
    Options
    hey hummingbird!

what a great idea! I'd say my tupperware/foil container stash so every meal can be made as double portions so I know I have containers I can put the stuff in to freezer the other half/other 10 portions hehe! Otherwise I reckon I'd have loads of wastage!

Also my fleece onesie - like your dressing gown except more awkward in the bathroom!!!!!! hehe!!! I wear it round the house everywhere and we don't need the heating on - or at least I don't!!!!!! :)

C-R xx

LOL about the onesie cottage!:rotfl:
  • SpecialBrew_2
    Options
    My shopping trolley, a large shocking pink number purchased from Rolser seven years ago and still going strong. Reasonably fashionable alternatives to the wheeled tartan granny-bag weren't as cheap then as you can often find them now, but it's been worth every penny (several times over). I don't drive, so not only has it allowed me to bring home tons of Yellow Stickered items and other bargains that I would not normally be able to carry, it's allowed me to reduce the number of shopping trips I make too.

Take a bow, big shocking pink shopping trolley - I would hate to be without you :)

Honourable mentions to my 'puter and MSE (particularly the forums), YNAB (budgeting software), the (very!) small stash of dinner money envelopes which keep cash away from my spendy fingers until I need to use it, the CreaClip gadget which has eliminated the need for me and my girls to pay for haircuts, and the electric trimmer thingy that has done the same for hubby.
    December 'Make £10 A Day' Challenge - £1.82/£155.00
  • lulabelle
    lulabelle Posts: 944 Forumite
    Options
    I'm totally with you on the dressing gown hummingbird! I put mine on (over pjs) every night! In fact, I have 3 of them!
    I want to be a writer
  • hummingbird
    Options
    My shopping trolley, a large shocking pink number purchased from Rolser seven years ago and still going strong. Reasonably fashionable alternatives to the wheeled tartan granny-bag weren't as cheap then as you can often find them now, but it's been worth every penny (several times over). I don't drive, so not only has it allowed me to bring home tons of Yellow Stickered items and other bargains that I would not normally be able to carry, it's allowed me to reduce the number of shopping trips I make too.

Take a bow, big shocking pink shopping trolley - I would hate to be without you :)

Honourable mentions to my 'puter and MSE (particularly the forums), YNAB (budgeting software), the (very!) small stash of dinner money envelopes which keep cash away from my spendy fingers until I need to use it, the CreaClip gadget which has eliminated the need for me and my girls to pay for haircuts, and the electric trimmer thingy that has done the same for hubby.

Hi SpecialBrew, I need to look at the CreaClip - no idea what it is but I do sometimes attempt to trim my own hair, very cautiously!! Also never heard of YNAB but will have a look at that too. I've got dinner money envelopes but never seem to get round to putting them to use!! In fact the sticky on them has dried up I think!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport