webuyanycar.com

Options

Comments

• smjxm09
    smjxm09 Posts: 663 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The on-line quote is to get you to pay them a visit. They then will always offer you less.
  • stu20vt
    stu20vt Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Last year I sold my car through WBAC. Quote on-line was £11,500 which I was more than delighted with, offer after inspection was £11,500 which I accepted. Only thing I paid for was the quick transfer of cash (24 hours I think).
    I would use them again, it doesn't hurt seeing what they would offer and if you are not happy walk away.
  • andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    At the end of the day everyone has to make up their own mind, as to how much their car is worth.
    Remember, nobody is forcing you to sell your car.
  • 2spicy
    2spicy Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 12 October 2010 at 2:34PM
    Options
    Well We sold our car with Webuyanycar ... the price they offered was higher than the main dealers were offering, and, with the exception of 1 alloys that needed refurbishing, paid off the finance and we had money back too.
    As we were downgrading the Spicy fleet to only 1 car, they were quick to deal with, the car finance was settled promptly.

Thankyou Webuyanycar ...

Added ....
    Car was valued online at £6800 ... to be honest, the paintwork was immaculate ... the car was only professionally valeted 4 weeks earlier at a cost of £200
    The car needed 3 wheels refurbing, which would have cost me £150 each plus the cost of removing, refitting the tyres and balancing.

They offered me £6300 which I knew was a fair price. Someone had a really good second hard car, and once the finance was settled, we were £500 cash richer.

Yes, we could have sold it for £7500 in the classifieds, but it was all done in less than 30 minutes.
    LBM - Oct - 08 DMP Started - Feb -09
    Total Debt - £77,688 .00
    DMP Support Member - 259

• Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    For the sake of a few days advertising, I'd have taken the £7500 through classifieds.

Each to their own though.
  • JRP1970
    Options
    I work with the motor trade and know that the price we got for a 55 plate Skoda Fabia was more than the Skoda dealers would offer. We could've got more selling ot privately but didn't want the hassle!
    Here's a couple of tips tho... make suer your car doesn't have a service light on when you take it, they try to take more than a service would cosy at a main dealer! Also negotiate on the admin fee, I got the £50 taken off altogether just by asking the guy (a couple of times).
    Overall I was pleased with the price attained for my Mams car, they paid what we'd been offered online and the money was in her bank 3 days after dropping the car off.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For the sake of a few days advertising, I'd have taken the £7500 through classifieds.

Each to their own though.

+1

£1200 is a lot of money.
  • StockportGerbil
    Options
    FWIW I've just sold my Zafira Auto (Y plate, 122000 miles, intermittent ECU fault) to this lot for £475 after the £50 admin fee had been taken off. If it wasn't for the ECU problem I would have either hung on to the car or sold it privately. I'd already brought a replacement Zafira from an internet dealer.

I was amused / surprised to find out that webuyanycar had bought the new Zafira from the previous owner, shipped it down from Scotland and then sold it on to the internet dealer who sold it on to me.

Just how many cars do this lot 'recycle'?
  • steve_pepa
    Options
    My wife got stung by carshaft a couple of years ago, before I would have anything to do with them again I would rather cut the car up myself and eat it.

I found an interesting artice on wbac on the Mirror website.

I can't post links yet but google the daily mirror and the text below.

we-buy-any-car-for-less
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport