PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stretching every penny.....things you love under 50p!

Options
livalot
livalot Posts: 193 Forumite
edited 21 December 2012 at 3:33PM in Old style MoneySaving
I like to make every penny count, as I am sure lots of you do on this forum. There are quite a few products I buy that are under 50p that I thinks are really good value for money and help me stretch my pennies. Quite a lot of them I have only started buying and using after reading this forum. One of my favourites at the moment is Sainsbury's Vinegar, Basics 568ml which is only 22p... and which I buy regularly. Just wondered if anybody else would be interested in sharing which products they buy that cost 50p or less that they think are great value and help make ends meet.

[FONT=&quot][threadbanner]box[/threadbanner][/FONT]

Comments

• Wistful_2
    Options
    Tesco Everyday Value Pine Disinfectant. I think it is 35p and probably the same stuff as in the Dettol bottles, so I refill the nice Dettol bottle with the bargain Tesco stuff.
  • MadelinesMum
    Options
    I buy Tesco Everyday Value 3 pack of apple juice cartons for 45p. A must for my diabetic daughter. It's well hidden and often out of stock in my store - just like most of the things that are good and cheap.
    I must remember that "Money Saving" is not buying heavily discounted items that I do not need. :hello:
  • krlyr
    krlyr Posts: 5,993 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tesco Everday Value nappy bags. At 12p for 100 they make super cheap doggy poo bags! Even doubling up incase of nails-poking-through (but not had a problem with this myself) they're cheaper than most poo bags, which seem to be about £2 for 200 at the very least!
  • megasaver
    Options
    I love Lidl's chicken noodles..... they are great for lunch and only 18p! So much nicer than the expensive ones in the pot :j
  • RevolvingDoor
    Options
    krlyr wrote: »
    Tesco Everday Value nappy bags. At 12p for 100 they make super cheap doggy poo bags! Even doubling up incase of nails-poking-through (but not had a problem with this myself) they're cheaper than most poo bags, which seem to be about £2 for 200 at the very least!

I do that too!:T

I think the Tesco value range is very good, I always buy the pasta and spaghetti as I don't think it makes any difference as it's going to be put into boiling water anyway.

ETA 39p each.
  • Pippin12
    Pippin12 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tesco Everyday Value antiperspirant deoderant - 41p. Bargain!
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    Options
    6p value custard is very nice
    17p value custard
    12 value rice pudding

We keep all of these in as puddings, the 10p value strawberry whip is nice aswell but needs milk so works out abit dearer.

Value stuffing is good for stuffing balls or to bulk out meatballs or meatloaf

Value pitta bread at 20p is very good if abit small

Value tinned spag bol at 24p is acually really nice as a pack up lunch on the days your so busy your nearly forget to eat.

Tesco do tinned baby carrost for 18p (not value) they are teh same weight as value but cheaper, i keep these in for when i can't pick up any reduced carrots then i throw them into casaroles.

I also like value teabags but then i don't like my tea too string anyway.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • krlyr
    krlyr Posts: 5,993 Forumite
    Options
    Just had an Everyday Value garlic baguette with dinner. No worse than Iceland's own, for sure, not bad for 32p :)
  • homerdog
    homerdog Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I used to save all my bread bags and got my family to save theirs for me to clean up after our dog, nice and thick and dont cost a penny!! :)

krlyr wrote: »
  • homerdog
    homerdog Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tescos value thin bleach, I usually use it to soak my dish cloth in and it's brilliant.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure