Mobiles.co.uk Cashback Rejected

Options
cagiva
cagiva Posts: 7 Forumite
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else had been having problems getting cashback from Mobiles.co.uk

I knew the claim instructions would be strict, so I followed them exactly.

I never heard anything, so I sent another email and got nothing. Tried to phone and after 20 mins on hold gave up. I then emailed their customer services and they eventually got back and told me my claim had been rejected and I needed to send them a bill that contained:

My Name
My address
My phone number
My plan
Bill date

I checked the attached bill I emailed them, downloaded directly from Orange and it contains every single bit of information they are asking for. I am now almost out of the 60 day time limit because they never got back to me. If I hadn't emailed them I don't think they ever would have.

Does anyone know if they will pay me or have any advice. Seems like some of the worst customer service around.

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 May 2012 at 7:29PM
    Options
    cagiva wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they will pay me.
    They will eventually if you have sent the correct bill in the right time and have not deleted the e-mail/text confirming that you have sent your claim. However, this may require some efforts.

Send them what they ask again and check the claims schedule in you online account and in your paperwork. They are known not to be always the same.

Is it the first claim? If you ported the number have you informed them about porting and changed it in your online account?
  • cagiva
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    They will eventually if you have sent the correct bill in the right time and have not deleted the e-mail/text confirming that you have sent your claim. However, this may require some efforts.

Send them what they ask again and check the claims schedule in you online account and in your paperwork. They are known not to be always the same.

Is if the first claim? If you ported the number have you informed them about porting and changed it in your online account?

Thank you.

No, my first claim was in November or December but I never sent it off which was my fault.

This claim was for my March bill. I dont get paper bills so I downloaded the one on the Orange website, checked the info and sent it off.

Before I sent it I updated my number on the mobiles.co.uk website as I ported my number.
  • grumbler
    edited 3 May 2012 at 6:40PM
    Options
    After porting my number I always accompany the first bill with all the details:
    Order
    Invoce
    Customer No
    Original tel number
    Ported number

I either embed this information in the copy or submit an accompanying letter as a second file.
    There is "Add a sticky note" tool in Adobe Reader.
  • thegoodman
    thegoodman Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 May 2012 at 7:30PM
    Options
    Check the account on mobiles.co.uk to make sure the number is changed with them. You get the pin number via text to confirm.
    Check to make sure you have not downloaded the call report.
    Check the email you have sent them to make sure the bill attached.
    In most cases you get an email from them to confirm The cashback within 3-5 days.

If everything is ok email them again and include all the information such as date of emails sent, copy of the invoice etc. if you do not hear from them send a letter and inform them that you will be taking this further
  • cagiva
    Options
    Thanks,

I looked at my mobiles.co.uk account and it definitely has my updated number (it wont let me log in with my old number and when I log in with my email it has my new number in my account).

The bill is definitely a bill - says "duplicate bill" at the top and has the invoice plus me paying the balance by direct debit.

Maybe it was just a mistake, for some reason the second page of the bill is blank and there is more info on page 3. Maybe they assumed it only had the first page, my last email tells them the exact locations of the info.

I guess I will wait, hopefully I should get it. Only problem is if I dont then I am after the time limit.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    .....I guess I will wait, hopefully I should get it. Only problem is if I dont then I am after the time limit.

No don't wait and hope!

Resend them via snailmail using recorded delivery.

Then you can be certain of getting paid! (Via the court if necessary)
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Provided, of course, it IS the RIGHT bill. Given the vague of "November or December's bill", the fact the OP forget to send that one and they then waited so long before taking action suggests they may not be doing it right in the first place. The rejection email is usually standard and the reason for rejection may not be correct. I have often received "bill unreadable" emails from them even though the copies they attach ARE perfectly readable AND include ALL the information the emails claims they don't.

Check it IS the right bill, send it in full by recorded delivery without delay AND resubmit on-line - KEEPING A FULL COPY OF WHAT YOU HAVE SENT.
  • grumbler
    edited 3 May 2012 at 8:33PM
    Options
    Maybe it was just a mistake, for some reason the second page of the bill is blank and there is more info on page 3. Maybe they assumed it only had the first page, my last email tells them the exact locations of the info.
    https://www.secure-mobiles.com/cashback/
    If the first page of your bill contains the following information then you only need to upload that page. If however, the following information is not on your first page, then please upload all pages containing the below.
    • Your name
    • Your address
    • Your mobile number
    • Your current tariff
    • The date of the bill
    * Please note that we do not require your itemised billing information
  • cagiva
    Options
    Provided, of course, it IS the RIGHT bill. Given the vague of "November or December's bill", the fact the OP forget to send that one and they then waited so long before taking action suggests they may not be doing it right in the first place. The rejection email is usually standard and the reason for rejection may not be correct. I have often received "bill unreadable" emails from them even though the copies they attach ARE perfectly readable AND include ALL the information the emails claims they don't.

Check it IS the right bill, send it in full by recorded delivery without delay AND resubmit on-line - KEEPING A FULL COPY OF WHAT YOU HAVE SENT.

Yes, it is the right bill. The bill is dated March, my Mobiles.co.uk account says the March dated bill.

The vague November or Decembers bill, why would I go and check it when I know it has passed. I knew I needed to do it but didn't have time, why would I go and check it now its pointless?

Waited so long to take action? I sent in my cashback claim and after I didn't hear anything back in the 14 day waiting period stated on their website, I sent them an email inquiring.

grumbler wrote: »
    [/URL]

Yes I saw that. Not all the info is on the first page. Half is on page 1, half is on page 3. Page 2 is blank (like that when I downloaded it).

All that information was in the bill I sent, with the correct date (it was the march bill).
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 4 May 2012 at 12:26PM
    Options
    If you can't be bothered to check the previous submission (it was NOT pointless!) because it was paid AND waited only 14 days to query when you have 60 to claim you really shouldn't be involved in cashbacks unless you're prepared to throw away money the claim should have been submitted at the start of the 60 day window giving you more than ample time to do something about it). Presumbaly your lack of time extended to inadequate research beforehand and accepting the (often) poor advice to simply follow blindly whatever it says in your on-line account (which is often WRONG as I have been pointing out for years).

It is what was in the original t&c which matter - nothing else. The previous (successful) claim month would determine if the March bill was the correct bill (regardless of what it may say anywhere else) and if you'd done this properly you would have enjoyed plenty of time to obtain your money. NOW you still can - IF you can prove 1) you submitted the correct bill and that it did contain all the necessary information, 2) they received the claim within the proper timeframe and 3) have rejected the claim unjustifiably (something some people on here apparently think won't happen).

Provided these conditions are met, follow the rest of the guidelines and sue. Otherwise, kiss the money goodbye and either put the time in or avoid cashback contracts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure