Living for the Present...after all who doesn't love a gift!

Options
debtfreewannabe321
debtfreewannabe321 Posts: 7,184 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
edited 26 April 2012 at 9:23PM in Debt free diaries
Evening ! :D

Well this is my second diary on MSE, I've decided to start a new one because I feel like I have come a long way since starting the old one back in Jan 2011 :)

My LBM hit me like a ten tonne brick in December 2010. My husband was serving on tour in Afghan, I was left with 3 children, my depression had crept back up on me, spends were out of control and then one day I ran out of credit. And that was it. *ping* a switch had been flicked on! I confided in a close friend and she recommended a DMP as I couldn't afford the minimum payments anymore and to be honest going it alone just wasn't an option. I wasn't in a good place so I called up a fee paying DMP company. I just happened to be within the grace period of cancelling when I literally stumbled across MSE....found out about the CCCS and well the rest is history (and if you really want to read more here is the link to the old diary!)
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3011024

In the last year and a bit I've not spent a penny on credit cards, overdrafts, loans catalogues (one of my biggest vices when I was sat at home bored in the evenings) :D Obviously being on a DMP has helped with this as it goes against their guidelines lol. :T

I started off with £17.5k of debt (first figure I state in my other diary was wrong as we 'found' another debt to add to it!) we've paid off around 5-6k since Jan 2011 and my debt free date according to the CCCS website is march 2014.

On my journey I have learnt many things, i've found quidco, topcashback, my supermarket, budgets & most importantly myself. I feel ten times better in myself. :T In the last year i've gone up and up on the anti depressants until just this year I did a reiki I course (am saving for my reiki II which starts in June yay!). I loved it and felt it gave me the strength to finally come off them. So forgive the first few weeks if I seem up and down. It's probably withdrawal symptoms lol. I've also done a meditation course and loved every minute of it. I must try and fit it into my routine more often! I want it to become a way of life for me eventually, so I must try and take time out to nurture myself as well as my children!

On that note I have 3 kids, a 2 year old boy, 3 year old girl & 13 year old boy. Also have one husband which I usually count as an extra [STRIKE]burden[/STRIKE] child ;)

My aims this year are to carry on paying as much as we can to the CCCS, complete the C25K (couch to 5k) and my reiki II and learn how to take things as they come and not be so controlling. I also as my title states, want to live for the present, not tomorrow and wish my life away (so guilty of this in the past) and not yesterday which is done and can't be changed. The present is all there is and that is the way i wish to live from now on :Av

Ummm anyway I could actually talk for England so I will stop there ;) -if you got this far well done lol and I hope to see some regulars from my old diary popping in :D as well as anyone else who wants to say hi! I love a chat :p
MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £250.96/300 84%(EF total £1750.96 - 1 month expenses! )~ NSD 4/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £283.29 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47

Comments

• slm6002
    slm6002 Posts: 3,723 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there i am popping over and have subscribed to you rlovely new diary. Hope you can keep to all of your goals, you have done so well up til now :)
    Me, DD1 18, DS 16, DD2 13, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
  • choogirl
    choogirl Posts: 1,274 Forumite
    Options
    Happy New Diary DFW xxxx
  • Beencounting
    Options
    Hi Dfw, great to see a new diary...a fresh positive start :)

Been
    Full LBM 26 Sept 11
  • mandz1
    mandz1 Posts: 2,548 Forumite
    Options
    im still following you dfw.
    off to subscribe :)
    PAD Maker
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Welcome SLM, choo, been & mandz :j:T thanks for joining me again :) the other diary was so full of ups and downs i could just feel the negativity seeping out lol everytime i went on :rotfl: let's hope this one is better ;)

Well today i've hoovered, polished & cleaned front room :T DD is off to nursery and i'm having a catch up on here now. Was a planned NSD today but i'm going to check bank and see how much we have in there. I need some fresh stuff in before monday really. Yoghurts, cheese & ham oh and juice again! Hoping again to spend only around £10 so will bring shopping this week to £20 :T we have meals from freezer, curry, salmon (dh won't eat this though so i'm making lunches from it) pizza & chips for saturday & mince so can make something with that :T we could get to monday without the fresh stuff but i'm not sure what we'd eat :rotfl:

Sun shining here this morning but clouds already forming so i'm going to put off doing the washing. I don't want to keep using the TD!

I need to relist some things on ebay and put some stuff on fb so may look to taking the pics this morning and putting them on this evening when kids in bed :)

DH and I have had a chat about the kids this morning. We clash on discipline and as I am here most the time i want things done my way and he thinks as he's the father he also has a say (quite rightly) so we've decided to have 'rules' as the kids are a little older now. So i'm going to have a nosey on the internet in a mo and look for reward charts that i can copy and get made up and dh is going to acquire some white board markers from work ;)

Ooooh i found a website yesterday that you all may know about but if not i wanted to share....https://www.noddle.co.uk ... you can get your credit report on there for free and no hidden costs :T

Right off to find that reward chart and some 'rules' that youngsters find easy to follow now :T
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £250.96/300 84%(EF total £1750.96 - 1 month expenses! )~ NSD 4/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £283.29 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Shiny new diary! I'm subscribing too, there doesn't seem to be a lurk option...

Piq
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    haha good to have you piq! Oh and i've subscribed to you but haven't caught up yet *slapped wrists* lol xxx
  • slm6002
    slm6002 Posts: 3,723 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the website - will come in useful i am sure - been to playgroup this morning and very glad we went by car as it piddled down as soon as we left our road!

My OH is very different to me with disapline but like you i am here most of the time so he lets me get on with it although kids normally behave when he is about!
    Me, DD1 18, DS 16, DD2 13, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
  • stripes
    stripes Posts: 323 Forumite
    Options
    Subscribed to shiny new diary. You are doing fab and will continue to shine in this diary too!
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    afternoon :) hello stripes *waves* and slm that website is really good :) thought it might trick me into paying but hasn't so far ;)

Well today i've sent off my SAR letter to Barclays, a letter to abbey (santander) both recorded so not nsd.....then went to aldi and spent £10 on food :D -and £5 worth of wine & beer crept in oops! lol so we're officially penniless until monday now :eek:

I've been on the phone to sisters and we're going three ways on a gift for mum as it's her birthday in may. We're getting her a freeview box and i found a great one on ebay second hand but looks in excellent condition and i can get a warranty with it all for £52. It also records 2 programmes & pauses live t.v she'll love it *insert happy clappy man* ! AND it was the cheapest one on ebay and right in my town how lucky was that. Obviously meant to be ;) so that is mum sorted. Now to find something for little sister (well by little i mean 30 this year :p lol)

I've been on supernanny today and spent ages printing off, cutting and laminating bits of paper lol to make a reward chart. One for ds (pirate themed) and one for DD (fairy theme) and also spent ages trawling the website and google for 'house & family rule' i've found some spent equal amount of time printing cutting sticking and laminating those too lol!
    here is the link if anyone is interested :Dhttp://www.supernanny.co.uk/Reward-Charts/-/3-to-5-year-olds.aspx

Curry for dinner tonight and then i am going to put kids in bath & bed and settle down with a film & dh oh and some wine ;) which i hope is nice as was £2.99 from ald1! couldn't afford the £3.99 pinot grigio lol oh dear how hard times are :eek: !!

Right off for now so tootle pip!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport