VW Touran Engine Blown Up

Options

Comments

• blacksta
    blacksta Posts: 919 Forumite
    Options
    carefull about documentation that simply states engine oil full, this can interpretated in many ways. if it states oil levels checked oil at recommended level, your fine, but engine oil full? can be seen as engine full of oil i.e flooded over filled.

i agree that you should collate evidence to back yourself up incase VW dealer decides its full of engine oil its been over filled, i would also, photo ,video, with time and dates, and a have your whitness (not family member) in the shots if possible dont start it up, take a shot of mileage, so when they collect it, review it, they cant argue you drove it to destruction knowing it had a fault.

dont hand over cash upfront to have it stripped, let them strip it and provide documented proof of the outcome.

Wise words
    I owe £3233 @ 0%
  • Valleycat
    Options
    Hi

Thanks all I have taken your advice and will let you know the out come I would be shocked if they help though.

Nikky
  • Muscle750
    Muscle750 Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    Options
    Reg on a VW forum and ask has anyone else had this problem I know BMWs 320 diesils and 330 diesils like swallowing swirl flaps and then knackering the turbo pistons etc at £6k a time and they have admitted theres a prob and replaced many engines under warrenty good gesture etc .Plus Jaguar had to replace 20000 yes 20k engines world wide for a bore lining problem only the V8s as did BMW V8 engines.
    Personally i would shout and scream at VW and end of the day if the service etc is all done by dealer i cant really see they can wangle out of it
  • Muscle750
    Muscle750 Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    Options
    Just thought has the turbo let go and sucked in debris and the pistons met it? Or has the car been driven throu deep water and sucked it in again resulting in internal damage its very rare a conrod just snaps its usually the result of the piston hitting something. VWs run very oily in the intercooler pipes anyway.
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    vax2002 wrote: »
    They then claim the oil has been over filled causing the problem.
    You need to check the oil level now with a witness and a camera, dipstick have been known to miraculously rise in oil level all by themselves once the dealer gets them on people trying to make warranty claims , oo look sir you have overfilled the oil, ta, ta.

Valleycat wrote: »
    Hi Yes the services have all been done by the local dealer

When was the last service done?
    If VW say that it's caused by overfilling the oil and you've a recent service done by your local dealer - including an oil change.....................
  • Mavs
    Options
    Hi
    I have just had the same problem with my Touran, conrod broke and came through the block, how are you getting on with yours, any luck and advice?
    Mavs
  • Valleycat
    Options
    Hi

Update

I have had my car back they replaced the Engine, Turbo, Fly Wheel & Oil Pump VW paid 100% for the parts we only had to pay the labour which was £1,200 that was including the original price quoted to strip the engine total bill to VW was just over £10,000 so I am chuffed and thank you all agin for the help and advice.

Nikky
  • bengalknights
    Options
    Valleycat wrote: »
    Hi

Update

I have had my car back they replaced the Engine, Turbo, Fly Wheel & Oil Pump VW paid 100% for the parts we only had to pay the labour which was £1,200 that was including the original price quoted to strip the engine total bill to VW was just over £10,000 so I am chuffed and thank you all agin for the help and advice.

Nikky

Surprised they didnt just give you a 3 year old touran to replace it with instead of taking a hit like that lol.
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Surprised they didnt just give you a 3 year old touran to replace it with instead of taking a hit like that lol.

Citroen put a new engine in my car in August - almost 6 years old and worth about £5k. Repairing garage told me the cost was over £7k, so I was surprised that they just fixed it for me.
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

£10k cost to VW can be offset as a cost and reduce tax....
    The man without a signature.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport