PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Its tough, it will get better and guess what its freezing brrrrr!

Options

Comments

• dollydaydream07
    Options
    LannyLee wrote: »
    Can you not use the free £10 milk & more code for bread & milk?

Check the website if they deliver in your area & let me know I'll pm you the promo code HTH :)

never heard of it, but thanks, will go and have a google for it now
  • grandma247
    grandma247 Posts: 2,412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    annie123 thanks for that you have set my mind at rest.
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Going to wear them properly later, hope they dont hurt! I look like I spend a fortune on clothes/shoes but most of them are from charity shops or are 70% off bargains:T

O me too...i try to always look nice not posh but nice and casual...and all my newish clothes have come from charity shops or carboots;)...i love a good hunt through the shops for something nice but cheap...
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • v8monkeyboy
    Options
    Annie56,

Thanks for that, the jokes made me laugh. In defence of the OH, he said it in a loving way as he was giving me a welcome hug. It doesn't help that he's lean and muscular with the work he does (army), and I'm small and cuddly :p

However, he did marry me when I was much bigger than I am now, and I know he loves me for me; I don't want to get too big either, so I will eventually go back (when this placement is over and done with. No honestly, I will....promise.....)

T xx
  • mambury
    mambury Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    Options
    mama67 wrote: »
    Just ordered some heating oil to top up ready, it was 53.29p/litre:eek:

OMG!! Were just putting oil central heating in! Had no choice, OH thinks calor gas is too dangerous, electric boiler not big enough for the house and the woodburner won't do the whole house.....

AND I've just had my car insurance renewal come through.... gone up by £100 (no claims, no points nothing different to laast year!). I've not had chance to sit and check for other quotes yet, so watch this space.
    sealed pot challange #572!
    Garden fund - £0!!:D
    £0/£10k
  • Kitcaboodle
    Options
    grandma247 wrote: »
    I have a question for those who work/worked in the jobcentre. My brother has just told me he had to sign off and has to sign on again after he comes back from a weeks holiday which was booked and paid for long before he was made redundant. Is this right? I thought you could take a short holiday without problems. Also I thought if you signed off you could not sign on again for six months.

As Annie said, if you go abroad then you need to sign off and then make a rapid reclaim when you come back (there is an exception if you go abroad for a job interview).

It is possible to fill in a form and take a UK holiday while claiming without stopping your claim. This would allow you to skip the signing appointment that happens during that holiday as they give you an exemption in writing. I think you are limited to two weeks a year & you have to meet certain criteria such as being willing to break off your holiday to start work/attend an interview.

The job centre should have more information. If it was UK and they told him he had to sign off then it would possibly depend on what he told them about his availability for work during the holiday but there is also a possibility that the person he spoke to wasn't aware that there is the possibility to take permitted UK holidays (it's also possible that they've changed this since I've been off work!)

If in doubt he should check with one of the managers at his local jobcentre as he may be able to put in a back-claim for the time he was on holiday if he was still looking for work during that time (and can list three activities a week that he undertook while he was away, he's unlikely to get the back-claim passed without that). If he does do that it would also be worth writing in to the jobcentre and explaining that he was misinformed and asking for his claim to be linked up, since there are certain benefits that only kick in after six months of unbroken claim - such as a back to work job grant of £100 that you get when you start a job and sign off. Even being docked one day for missing an appointment will void your entitlement to that unless you had six months clear of claiming between then and when you signed off.

Also, there is no time limit when it comes to signing on and off. We get temporary workers signing off for a week and signing back on again, etc.
  • grandma247
    grandma247 Posts: 2,412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 October 2010 at 6:28PM
    Options
    Kitcaboodle he is going abroad for the week.

Also, there is no time limit when it comes to signing on and off. We get temporary workers signing off for a week and signing back on again, etc.

Ahh that must have changed since the crash in the nineties then because it was not possible to do temporary work without loosing out for six months.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

Does this apply to contrib based JSA as well? DH was made redundant twice last year. The 2nd time he signed on for 3 months and received contrib based JSA. Got a contract that lasted for 5 months - and was told when he finished that he couldn't sign back on for contrib based JSA within 6 months.. :(
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • dollydaydream07
    Options
    YAY!!!!! :j:j

I am a happy bunny, was doing some laundry and i found a tenner in DH's trousers!!
    so that has given us some leeway and i've been able to buy bread and milk and still have another £6 or so left to last till next week!!

looking forward to our tea, made from everything we have in,
    creamy garlic mushroom pasta served with a salmon fillet on top - just hope i can come up with something as nice with the rest of the stuff we have!
  • Hippeechiq
    Hippeechiq Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for everyone's supportive posts earlier - made me cry actually, but the support was lovely, thank you :)

The letter was for an appt for this coming Wednesday to attend a Pathways To Work interview, which my daughter has to attend. It's madness...the whole system is madness. There should be some concession when dealing with people with a mental illness - how can an outsider, untrained in mental illness, decide whether my daughter is fit for work or not?

She can't keep awake or get out of bed a lot of days, and when she is up, she's either on a massive low where she doesn't speak or has a uncontrollable anger where she wants to rip everyone's head off, so how is she supposed to work?

Anyway - it's got nothing to do with OS, and I'm waaay OT, so I'll stop there.

I just really wanted to come on to say thanks x
    Aug11 £193.29/£240

Oct10 £266.72 /£275 Nov10 £276.71/£275 Dec10 £311.33 / £275 Jan11 £242.25/ £250 Feb11 £243.14/ £250 Mar11 £221.99/ £230
    Apr11 £237.39 /£240 May11 £237.71/£240 Jun11 £244.03/ £240 July11 £244.89/ £240
    Xmas 2011 Fund £220
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport