A quick thank you (Ryanair)

Options

Comments

• Nobjocki
    Nobjocki Posts: 947 Forumite
    Options
    buglawton wrote: »
    "...claims Ryanair had agreed the instruments would be exempt from the hand luggage limit when the tickets were booked a month ago"... there's always a grey area, isn't there?

If they booked online how can Ryanair agree to exempt the violins from the hand luggage limit ?

If they only discovered four days before travelling that they were not exempt that strikes me as being the first time they thought about double-checking.

Ryanair's statement is very explicit -
    " terms and conditions clearly explain that musical instruments need to have a second seat "

Just another bozo who hasn't bothered reading the T and Cs.

• Bob_the_Saver
    Options
    I've finished my 7 Ryanair flights now, 6 were on time 1 was 10 mins late.
    I got emergency exit seats every time, my preferred front row 6 out of 7.
    I paid no extras at all, no card fees, no luggage, no online booking fees no priority
    boarding no taxes no charges just the advertised headline rate total about 35 quid for all the flights.

Basically NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER

Next time someone who can't spell their name when booking or can't weight a small bag or is wilfully stupid in some other way complains about Ryanair, refer them to me.
  • UKHCGirl
    UKHCGirl Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    I have no faults with Ryanair.. again, as said in the thread about 20 times, if you know what you are doing, flights can be ridiculously cheap. The only letdown is that if you live in london, you have to go to stansted, which i hate.

Far better than easyjet though. The two times i used easyjet this year, they were delayed.
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Options
    UKHCGirl wrote: »
    I have no faults with Ryanair.. again, as said in the thread about 20 times, if you know what you are doing, flights can be ridiculously cheap. The only letdown is that if you live in london, you have to go to stansted, which i hate.

Far better than easyjet though. The two times i used easyjet this year, they were delayed.

This was my previous experience with Easyjet, they've not got better by the sound of it, shame as I've 2 flights with them next week.
  • laidback
    laidback Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    the only reason people like bobthesaver do not pay for priority boarding is they tend to travel alone[for obvious reasons],beleive it or not bob and co.some people do actually travel with family and friends.A nd while ryanairs fares may be cheap the tactics they use to charge extras border on the criminal,for example a card charge for each ticket rather than each booking(does not affect bob].putting up the luggage charge during the summer holidays{bobs ok},so if like bob you have no friends or family,are happy to wear the same clothes day after day and live on fresh air and freebies then ryanair is for you.ps be careful where you sit,bobs about!
  • Nobjocki
    Options
    laidback wrote: »
    the only reason people like bobthesaver do not pay for priority boarding is they tend to travel alone[for obvious reasons],beleive it or not bob and co.some people do actually travel with family and friends.A nd while ryanairs fares may be cheap the tactics they use to charge extras border on the criminal,for example a card charge for each ticket rather than each booking(does not affect bob].putting up the luggage charge during the summer holidays{bobs ok},so if like bob you have no friends or family,are happy to wear the same clothes day after day and live on fresh air and freebies then ryanair is for you.ps be careful where you sit,bobs about!

It would be a criminal offence if the extra charges were not clearly stated by Ryanair which of course they are.
    Based on Ryanair's continued commercial success at a time when many other airlines are going to the wall ( this time last year Ryanair had €2 BILLION in the bank ) I'd say there are many other bobthesavers out there equally happy with their service.
    Naturally, using Ryanair's website requires a modicum of intelligence as does being able to pack walk-on baggage with enough gear to last your for the trip.
    Judging by your post I can quite see why this is beyond you.
    Pip pip !
  • laidback
    laidback Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    fair comment nobjoci,i am clearly not on the same level as you intelectually,this is quite clear by your choice of username.
  • Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options

Not quite right. I often took day and long weekend trips wiv me bird on Ryanair and have never paid for Priority Boarding.
    Not only that, but unlike my fiance, I'm not the type to roll up early so that I can get to the front of the queue.
    We still get to sit together.
    People often pay for Priority Boarding, but are then are overtaken by frisky 'Others' on the way to the aircraft.
    Once you get used to the Ryanair model, you can use it to your advantage.
    If it's not the best deal for you, book with someone else.
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2010 at 2:38PM
    Options

Actually as I'm not a sad little person I have friends all over the world, that's why I travel. I also often travel with others and we always sit together,
    it's just the lazy g*ts who hang around at the back of the queue or can't be bothered to get there a few minutes early that get separated,then complain.
    Card charges per person make no difference at all, with the right plastic it's free for everyone so why would that effect ANYONE?
    You can get a lot of clothes in a 10kg bag unless your taking your Paddington Bear duffle coat or your anorak collection in there.
    One dosn't have to live on Freebies, they just give you more money to spend on the finer things in life. :beer:
  • Nobjocki
    Options
    Actually as I'm not a sad little person I have friends all over the world, that's why I travel. I also often travel with others and we always sit together,
    it's just the lazy g*ts who hang around at the back of the queue or can't be bothered to get their a few minutes early that get separated.then complain.
    Card charges per person make no difference at all, with the right plastic it's free for everyone so why would that effect ANYONE?
    You can get a lot of clothes in a 10kg bag unless your taking your Paddington Bear duffle coat or your anorak collection in there.
    One dosn't have to live on Freebies, they just give you more money to spend on the finer things in life. :beer:

Heh,heh,heh - I like the cut of your jib Bob.
    I've often sat in amazement on a short FR flight to London and watched people spend more on a hot pannini, a box of Pringles and a drink than they've probably spent on the entire flight yet will whinge constantly about having to pay €5 for online check-in.
    Michael O'Leary has simply got rich and made a lot of money for his shareholders by following the old adage that there's a fool born every minute.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure