The Sun £9.50 Holidays

Options

Comments

• salt_and_pepper
    Options
    Hi, I went to La Croix at easter, went by plane to Charles de Galle using airmiles from tesco clubcard (£75 without); from there train to centre of de Nord cost ~8euros, bus available also for about 2euros. Trains to Soissons or Compiegne on regular basis cost 30 euros for weekend through raileurope.com. There are bus services from these stations to St Aisigne (2euros) that meet the trains so it is possible to travel without car. the buses are infrequent however, a timetable is available for anyone who wants it, there are buses every two hours or so,mainly morning/evening, but I managed okay. the walk is approx 20mins from stop to campsite. Taxis from either Soissons/Compeigne were 60 euros so out of my range. The area is very near the battlefields of WW1 with the frontline ~3km away if you fancy a trek up there, there is a castle in St Aisigne and a number of bakerys, cafe bars which looks very Allo Allo. UP the road is Berny Rivere which bears the shrapnel marks on the old walls from German tank fire. YOu can see deer and various other wild life as you walk along near the river and woods if you are quiet enough. There is a go ape style site towards Soissons which is cheaper than the british version for any thrill seekers. I had my own duck family visiting me when I was there. Any help required just ask.

Thanks for taking the trouble to post this- i'm gonna bear this in mind for next year- might have enough Tesco vouchers to book without going through the sun
  • smevans
    smevans Posts: 169 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Could i have a code too please, really want to take my little boy away :)

Thankyou x
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    EssexGirl wrote: »
    We wanted the Croix de Vieux Pont but got Le Chene Gris. We went on the late May bank holiday. The park was clean and tidy and the pool area was good, although smaller than it looked int he brochure. The onsite shop was very expensive, but there are supermarkets in the surrounding area. It's a basic camp, but great as a base.
    There is a direct train service into Paris right outside the campsite, it takes 4 mins and drops you at Gare de L'est and costs about $15 with a full day travelcard. Bargain!
    It's also only just over an hour to Fontainbleu and the very very lovely Chateau de Pierrefonds which is used as Camelot castle in the BBC series Merlin.

we are going there in Oct ,wanted La Croix again but couldn't get the dates :(
    not too bothered though, as we only want a short Disney break so won't be onsite much anyway!
  • EssexGirl
    EssexGirl Posts: 977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »
    we are going there in Oct ,wanted La Croix again but couldn't get the dates :(
    not too bothered though, as we only want a short Disney break so won't be onsite much anyway!

It's only about 20 mins drive from Disney and you can get tickets at Chene Gris.
  • watsonnicole1
    watsonnicole1 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    Would be greatful of a code if anyone has one spare.
    Many Thanks.x
  • babyx1uk3
    babyx1uk3 Posts: 1,989 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Unfortunately I cant do these due to having to go in half term so was just wondering does anyone know anywhere that does similar deals to this but in half term time?
  • ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    d_dixon50 wrote: »
    My brother has just come back from a Sun holiday to Pontins (Brean) and hated every moment of it, decor was 70's/80's everything was insanely expensive, and full off chav type couples that let their kids do whatever they wanted while they drank in the bar, there was also nothing for their youngest to do more geared towards kids of 6 and over. They also paid £45 (I think) for an entertainment pass that seemed to have no meaning, was never asked for and he said aside from some kids shows in the day entertainment was non-existent.

One thing though he did say Brean was really nice itself just would never go to Pontins ever again. I'm not saying all this to rubbish the post or Sun holidays just be warned, oh one other thing, they had a letter a week before they went stating they needed to pay an extra £80! They also didn't receive any paper work about check-in times etc, so when they arrived at 12:30pm and were told check-in wasn't until 4pm!!!! You can understand their frustrations at Sun holidays and Pontins! You also have to pay for bedding too, all extra hidden costs people should be made aware of.

Anyway, that's my morning rant over, where's me coffee!!

With Sun holidays the entertainment passes and linen charges are optional.

We take our own linen and do not ask for entertainment passes, (Sometimes they are given free on arrival)
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Options
    The codes are arriving - we received ours this morning.

Forget Pontins - book a Parkdean one. We've just come back from one in Wales. Site not brilliant (out of the way) but entertainment was fantastic.
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • caroc
    caroc Posts: 935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got my sun priority application this morning phew ! 2 free 'tokens' called PLAN and MEET. Need to get 8 more words from Sat 10th to Sat 17th including NOTW ON 11th, and then bookable online from Sat 17th (or usually and unofficially earlier).
    Still virtually alcohol free since 4/1/15. (10 Xmas/ New Year/Birthday drinks)
    It takes 3500 calories to lose a pound in weight. Target 13 lbs weight loss. 18.5lbs lost 2nd May - 28 September.
  • cazbie16
    cazbie16 Posts: 94 Forumite
    edited 7 July 2010 at 11:29AM
    Options
    Received my priority codes this morning too! Have tried to get on the thesun.co.uk/holidays but it loads and then disappears before it finishes, very annoying. If anyone can get on there I would like to know what the dates are.

I would never book with Pontins again. Never been to Brean but Camber Sands one is awful. Went to Park Resorts Valley Farm and didn't think much of that park either. Deffo Haven or Park Dean are better.

Don't know how you can say charges are hidden when they're clearly printed in paper and online. You never receive confirmation from The Sun, only direct from park. Although different companies require you to pay them at slightly different times, some give you longer and others want payment straight away.

Edit: Have just used Firefox and page loaded, but the closing date is 14th May, so doesn't look if properly sorted yet, come on Sun get a move on!
    This site rocks and has saved me loads -
    thanks to all those that post on the forums and have saved me money
    ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills