Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    robsmum
    fighting my way out of the misery, moody,mayhem muddle.
    • 16th Jun 10, 3:02 PM
    fighting my way out of the misery, moody,mayhem muddle. 16th Jun 10 at 3:02 PM
    I decided today to start a new diary. This has gone on long enough and its time to be pro-active again.

A bit about me: I am 54, live with my partner. I am recovering from M.E (mostly well now and able to work 12hours a week). I currently work as a housekeeper in a very posh, private house, have been doing this for 4 years now.
    I love my home, homemaking, crafts, OS type things, gardening and now growing veg.
    I am on a DMP with CCCS - best move I made.

The reasons for this diary is to get me motivated again.
    Since about March I have been quite low and feeling very out of sorts and have let my MSE ways slip.
    Currently there are many areas of life I'm dissatisfied with and am hoping to get these sorted out and under control:

Areas to sort:
    1) Finances - in a muddle.
    Need to write a budget - struggling with this as paid weekly, in cash and need to plan for monthly payments.

Need to stick to filling in my spending diary.
    Need to sort out Council Tax and arrears.
    Need to sort out Water and arrears.

2) Job - I hate
    Need to find new one, that pays around the same but gives me some satisfaction and security

3) Smoking - far too many. Can't afford it and don't seem to be making any progress in cutting down. Not ready to quit yet, need to really cut down first and feel I'm getting somewhere.

4) House - a muddle and cluttered, but getting there on that front.
    Need to get it's sparkle back and then I can face everything else.

5) Garden - taking shape and offering good therapy. Hope veggies provide lots. Looking for ways to benefit from new greenhouse.

6) Health - not too bad though need to keep an eye on mood swings for a bit. Don't want to go back on medication.

Think that's all for now, please feel free to help, suggest and prod me along.
    Debt at start of DMP 1/6/09: 2942 - 1942
    Buffer Zone 1; 84 -
    2 saving plan:-
Page 16
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,805Posts Today

7,936Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Does anyone have a savings statement to hand? (either on paper or online). If so can you check, does it include your current interest rate?

• Filming in Greenwich today - my commute involves the Thames Clipper - what a lovely to get to work!

• RT @stellacreasy: Walthamstow- if you were one of the 100 who helped lifted the bus to rescue that poor cyclist. Just Thank you. #proudmp #?

• Follow Martin