HTC Desire Vodafone 500mb Fair Usage Policy

Options

Comments

• bym007
    bym007 Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    If there is no lawyer on here, would it be wise to get one involved now?
    Perhaps we can all chip in ... lol
    SAY NO TO INJUSTICE !
  • andywicks
    andywicks Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yolina wrote: »
    Well they need to go back to school... introducting a new charge without notifying their customers individually is a breach of contract, isn't? I don't think the "well we put an announcement on our forum" excuse would carry much weight.

Go on Vodafone, keep digging!

I have had a few responses from Vodafone which state that the notice on the forum does not constitute notification of a change in charges which seems to be contradicted somewhat in the response to my complaint.

Andy
  • Yolina
    Yolina Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    Options
    andywicks wrote: »
    I have had a few responses from Vodafone which state that the notice on the forum does not constitute notification of a change in charges which seems to be contradicted somewhat in the response to my complaint.

Andy

So if I understand correctly they are saying "we're not notifying you of the new charge we're introducing and that we've announced on our forum because we haven't changed the pricing structure" :D
    Now free from the incompetence of vodafail
  • oslingsby
    oslingsby Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    danielz000 wrote: »
    I'm starting to like this idea oslingsby/yolina... Looking into it though the termination costs to H3G (aka 3 mobile) are 6.9ppm until March 2011, then they will be 5.9ppm.

So even with my measly 600 minutes a month If I call a 3 mobile number I can run up costs of £41 a month until March 2011 and then £35 a month after that. My line rental is only £35 a month. So once I chuck data and text messages into the equation it becomes expensive to keep me as a customer.

Until the ofcom rules come into effect termination rates to H3G are 13.65p a min, Source: (Can post links yet but) go to three main website then at very bottom left click company home then click our Network then Click Wholesale Pricing.
  • oslingsby
    Options
    Just had email from CEO office, Hi Oliver

I really think there has been confusion down the line here so I’d like to help clarify things in another way.

The price plan you have has the below information attached to them. If you scroll down it clearly states the out of bundle charges and gives a full breakdown so it’s clear what you will be charged.

With this information it shows standard rates and other costs for all our customers to view.

Oliver I feel that both me and Lisa have fully explained this to you and our position remains the same at this moment in time. However, once we begin to monitor your usage we will then assess this and make a decision at that time.

Please be rest assured that you will not incur any charges regarding unless we have contacted you to discuss the other options that will be available to you.

So next month I will make it my mission to use as much data as possible so I get this call/txt, I think they just wont bother as they know we are on to something.
  • danielz000
    danielz000 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    oslingsby wrote: »
    Just had email from CEO office, Hi Oliver

I really think there has been confusion down the line here so I’d like to help clarify things in another way.

The price plan you have has the below information attached to them....

What information is he referring to?
  • danielz000
    Options
    Until the ofcom rules come into effect termination rates to H3G are 13.65p a min, Source: (Can post links yet but) go to three main website then at very bottom left click company home then click our Network then Click Wholesale Pricing.

I don't understand how Ofcom can say one figure and 3 enforce another, if the prices on the 3 website are correct, Vodafone are in for a VERY stormy ride!
  • oslingsby
    Options
    I don't understand how Ofcom can say one figure and 3 enforce another, if the prices on the 3 website are correct, Vodafone are in for a VERY stormy ride!

lol, i have got two contracts and both are having a conference call with PAYG H3G sim at the moment, 6 calls from each VF Sim to each H3G sim, once my mins run out its on to the Unlimited LL Calls lol.
  • oslingsby
    Options
    What information is he referring to?

The Standard rate of internet which was set at 0p per MB when i signed up.
    As my contract allows them to charge me at my standard rate after they have told me to reduce my usage.
  • danielz000
    Options
    The Standard rate of internet which was set at 0p per MB when i signed up.
    As my contract allows them to charge me at my standard rate after they have told me to reduce my usage.

I don't understand what he is trying to imply in that email?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure