IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Product support ag ?
Views: 65,801
# 1
judles1
Old 05-02-2010, 11:04 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Product support ag ?

Does anyone else have suspicions regarding payments to AG product Support appearing on CREDIT CARD statements or are we the only suckers! No record of policy or authorised direct debit mandates found as yet but looking similar to policy admin (mobile phones) stories. If anyone else is aware of or currently dealing with AG, would like to hear what you know!
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to judles1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
CHR15
Old 05-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Jenny - 8 Sep 2008

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08448006080
The Following User Says Thank You to CHR15 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
judles1
Old 05-02-2010, 11:35 AM
MoneySaving Convert

thanks,found it when i googled for info on AG and have already left posting with what route I'm taking & because of similarities to 'Admin Policy' also posted to check out this site.Was hoping experts on this site might know more about how to tackle the problem,refund success,or views.(already know I've been a direct debit dunce!!) Helpful views or opinions gratefully recieved.
# 4
hartzou
Old 05-02-2010, 2:29 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHR15 View Post
Jenny - 8 Sep 2008
Thank for you offering so useful website.
# 5
rsykes2000
Old 05-02-2010, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartzou View Post
Thank for you offering so useful website.
Building up your postcount to start spamming ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsykes2000 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
judles1
Old 08-02-2010, 9:55 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Thanks fruitree

Have found out more back ground on this subject on fruitrees thread started 7.2.10 'PC WORLD,WHATEVER HAPPENS.

At least now I know what charge might relate to! Anyone one else trying to find out more about AG, suggest finding the above thread for latest.

Seem to charge in a similar sneaky way as Policy Admin @ 7.99 only worse as charges are made onto credit cards!

Sorry to see others suffering same problem but at least it proves the point that they are stiffing the consumer for charges to services customers refused and have never used because no-one knew the insurances existed!
# 7
Engineer98
Old 10-03-2010, 11:35 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Credit Card billing for "Product Support AG"

Quote:
Originally Posted by judles1 View Post
Does anyone else have suspicions regarding payments to AG product Support appearing on CREDIT CARD statements or are we the only suckers! No record of policy or authorised direct debit mandates found as yet but looking similar to policy admin (mobile phones) stories. If anyone else is aware of or currently dealing with AG, would like to hear what you know!
On checking our Credit card monthly bill we picked up on the 1.99 charge for "product support AG". The billing entry also quoted a phone number - i.e. 0844 800 6080. If you phone this number you get through to DSGI product support. I explained that I wished to cancel the 1.99 charge and queried why I was paying it. I turned out that it resulted from the purchase, at least 18 months ago, of a printer from PC World. I have cancelled the payment and asked for a confirmatory letter of the cancellation. I like you I have doubts about how I ended up with the charge, but do remember the sales person in PC World offering me cover for my printer and saying that a one off charge for 12 months was not available and a monthly debit charge would be made and I guess I have forgotten to cancel it. I think I have been caught out by the current practice of many of the electrical goods retailers of offering extended product insurance at the point of sale.

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Engineer98 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
Scotty 684
Old 28-04-2010, 1:13 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Product Support AG

If you contact your credit card company they will send you a letter to sign and date. They will then stop any further payments from the date of the phone call and any money claimed by AG after that date will be re credited to you. The credit card company will then continue to monitor and ensure AG don't get there filthy hands on any more of your money. Hope this helps . Just been through it all my self
# 9
Delhiker
Old 18-08-2010, 9:48 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Exclamation Product Support AG

Just had credit card statement and there is a payments to Product Support AG appearing on the statements for 19.33. (13th. July)
Looked at the online statement and found the same amount dated 13th. Aug.!
Phoned credit card company and they will send form to sign.
Looked back over 48 months and only found a payment for 18.00 (13th.June 09).
Bought nothing from PC world, only a Large TV from Tesco - 2006
Ok one payment a year but not TWO!

Last edited by Delhiker; 18-08-2010 at 9:57 PM.
# 10
geordie1234
Old 05-01-2011, 10:55 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default unauthorised CC payments

OMG, Product Support AG are still doing this! I paid for my support in April (Techguys - Whatever Happens) and they have taken 27.90 every month since, without authorisation. There isn't a landline number, unless you are calling for repairs, but I found an email address and mail address:
whateverhappens@thetechguys.com

Customer Services
PO Box 1686
Sheffield S2 5BY

And, yes, I know I should check my statements more carefully but when I have done it, I thought the money was for something else
# 11
SMIGGY
Old 06-01-2011, 5:23 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Just checked my current account and found a transaction for 75.00 from PRODUCT SUPPORT AG, after looking into it we bought a new tv,dvd player and humex box from curry's 6 months ago which included 5years breakdown cover in the purchase price. spoke to santander who have stopped our cards as this is a un-authorised transaction from them " FRAUD springs to mind if you ask me. Lets see what happens ??
# 12
auldteach
Old 29-01-2011, 3:33 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I phoned the 08448006080 number and got through virtually straight away. The lady confirmed the 5.99 per month was for a computer bought from PCWorld. I have no recollection of agreeing to this but she was able to cancel the agreement there and then. Just wish I had done this years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!
# 13
labp04
Old 25-02-2011, 4:44 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Mugged!

Yep: simply mugged by Curry's! Went to buy a washing machine for my mum (who happens to be 90 years young); paid with a credit card; one month later and again in February sure enough charges of 4.49 appear on my statement. I rang the number on the statement and the guy cancelled the "agreement" and confirmed the same in writing. Went back to the store today, spoke to the manager he says he cant repay my money but the "problem" is that no-one needs to sign an "agreement" if they (Currys) have the credit card number. He went on to advise that he would speak to the member of staff and tell him of the problem and that I should contact Product Support AG to request a refund which I did to be told it is the store's responsibility. Rang Curry's customer care, outlined the above only to be advised to contact the credit card company to ask them to put in an "indemnity claim". Did as requested - credit card company advise writing to Currys. Sent an email to Curry's. Wonder if I'll have the stamina to keep going!
# 14
geordie1234
Old 28-02-2011, 10:00 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Problem solved

re. my post earlier - After several emails back and forward (I wasn't going to pay for an 0844 number), I worked out that they hadn't made a mistake. I did order the support and I assumed I'd paid upfront with my computer. I don't know why they couldn't work this out when I asked...
# 15
Kelly Rea
Old 10-06-2011, 12:41 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by auldteach View Post
I phoned the 08448006080 number and got through virtually straight away. The lady confirmed the 5.99 per month was for a computer bought from PCWorld. I have no recollection of agreeing to this but she was able to cancel the agreement there and then. Just wish I had done this years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me too!! I rarely check my bank statements at all. I was moving abroad recently and was sorting through my direct debits etc. Turns out I was paying 7.99 a month for FIVE YEARS without my knowledge. I know I should have checked it before now but this was a computer I bought a long time a go and have no memory of purchasing "product support" of any kind. I don't even have the thing any more. I'm furious at the sheer waste of money. My bank said they couldn't cancel it (which I couldn't understand) so they told me to write a letter to Visa which I did. Nothing happened. It took 4 months after noticing the payments to have them cancelled. I had no idea where to start and just had to Google everything myself. My bank were of no help whatsoever.
# 16
billychris
Old 04-07-2011, 2:44 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

When I spotted ' product support AG .. 4.99 ' on my credit card I had no idea what it was for.
I put the AG number in search engine and this forum came up and I realised I was being ripped off.
Phoned credit card company and was told it was monthly payment to PC World. I asked her to cancel it but she said that I would have to ask PC World . She was sorry she couldn't help. She had spoken to others with similar problems re AG payments.
She told me 4 payments had been credited to card.
Four months ago I bought computer from PC World ,paying with credit card and when asked told young man on till I didn't want any insurance or product support !
I went into shop and after long wait at their customer services counter was told that I must have signed for it . I hadn't signed anything .When I asked him to show me the paper with my signature on he mumbled something about how long it would take sorting through files in back office.
Surely I argued if I signed a product support agreement I would have been given a copy and information as to what the support entailed.
Eventually he gave me a number to ring and handed me phone .
I was through to their financial department who said they would cancel agreement and refund any payments made.
I think its terrible, how many people like me just give their statements a brief glance and end up paying ,for god knows how long ,something they haven't agreed to .
The Following User Says Thank You to billychris For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
Hern
Old 04-07-2011, 8:01 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

This kind of thing, if such is happening, is very, very close to criminal fraud, and any retailer of any size runs risk of landing in deep, deep doo-dah if unable to mount a reasonable defence.

A warranty sale is as much a product sale as that of a TV, computer, washing machine or what have you. So a customer who purchases something with a warranty (other than that which comes as standard) is purchasing not one but two products.

The purchase details of *both* products must be recorded by the retailer with a copy to the customer. This might be offered in the form of two separate receipts by way of sales/purchase confirmation, or one receipt within which is clearly spelt out the separate charges incurred for the two separate products.

However, in practice, this isn't acceptable, either, because just as the original product comes with a user manual, so should the warranty product come with its equivalent (setting out what's covered, what isn't, for what duration, etc.)

No retailer should have any difficulty at all in locating the tandem records of a 'pure' product sale and a warranty product sale; both occurred at the same time and both are inter-linked.

Sadly though, time after time consumers seem to get into a daze when making a major store-bought purchase, and fail to listen closely enough to what's said at point-of-sale. The situation is then compounded by a bafflingly high number of consumers who simply don't look at their bank statements or even credit card statements.
# 18
thomas1201
Old 29-08-2011, 12:35 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Yep! This is still going on... I've just noticed a monthly direct debit for 5.00 on the card statement that I used to buy a small netbook last month.

The helpful assistant at PC World asked me if I wanted the "Whatever Happens" guarantee. I said "Thank you, but I don't need it. I'm a computer engineer myself!"

When I discovered the mystery transaction on my creditcard statement (it only went on my statement 7 days ago) I checked the paperwork which was stuffed inside the computer box with all the packaging etc., and there it was... a few sheets of paper, folded four times, to the size of a creditcard... My agreement to sign up to the "Whatever Happens" Pay Monthly Agreement. Arrrrrgh!!!

I think this scam was enabled by the fact that the person that sold me the computer (and asked me if I wanted said agreement) was not the person who took the payment and stuffed all the paperwork inside the box (it was a display model and the box had already been opened).

After that, I scanned the forums and found this thread. I rang the customer services on the Currys/PC World Agreement (You actually get through to Dixons... Must be all the same group) and I have cancelled the agreement. They said the cancellation will be sent to me in writing. Although they say it's unlikely I'll get that first payment refunded, but it will go to Head Office. Yeah... like I believe that. I think I'm getting too cynical in my old age!!
# 19
Lemon Labs
Old 31-08-2011, 9:28 PM
MoneySaving Convert

The problem WILL be sent to head office and each store will be sent a little report of "miss-sold" WHE agreements with the colleagues name and what was said at the time of cancellation and the person who "sold" the agreement will face disciplinary. Disciplinary does actually happen too.
# 20
Esqui
Old 31-08-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Labs View Post
The problem WILL be sent to head office and each store will be sent a little report of "miss-sold" WHE agreements with the colleagues name and what was said at the time of cancellation and the person who "sold" the agreement will face disciplinary. Disciplinary does actually happen too.
Yep. There's a certain person on our region who appeared on said report rather a few times when the latest one came out. He's now suspending, and awaiting his fate. This makes me happy.
Squirrel!
If I tell you who I work for, I'm not allowed to help you. If I don't say, then I can help you with questions and fixing products. Regardless, there's still no secret EU law.
Now 20% cooler