Warning About Littlewoods

Options
Hi all

I've just had a call from Littlewoods stating that I've been using discount codes that I'm not entitled to. I used a £20 voucher to order the Godfather game and a £25 voucher to order some clothes. Both items were well over-priced originally anyway.

The woman on the phone stated that the £25 voucher was only for those who've applied for a Littlewoods credit card and the £20 one wasn't allowed to be used by me either. She is now going to be adding the two charges on my account respectively, so I'm now paying £34 for some boxers and t-shirts and £45 for the game. I've saved a lot using this website so I'm not too gutted about it, but I'd urge all MSE users to be careful when using these codes.

Comments

• aprilshower
    aprilshower Posts: 489 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Sorry to hear about this. When did you order the goods from them?

Aprilshower
  • bobbybuttons
    bobbybuttons Posts: 345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had this too. I phoned to check about an order and they said i had used to many codes, they closed my account and now i owe them for all the codes used!! be carfeul they are clamping down it seems.
  • DonGotti
    DonGotti Posts: 610 Forumite
    Options
    I put the orders in during April. I was adament that prior to placing the order the website stated it will check the codes against my account before applying them, so if the codes weren't to be used by me, why did the website deduct it? However she claimed that I agreed to t & cs that state that I will only use codes provided to me by Littlewoods directly. I kept on for 5-10 minutes but it was futile.

Like I say MSE is a great website and I've saved plenty thanks to it so I'm not too upset, but please take care when using those stupid codes!
  • TheChillPill
    TheChillPill Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Whenever I have ordered from LXDirect (part of littlewoods, so I assume the policies to be the same?), it has always told me when I put the code in whether it has been accepted or not.

Surely, if they accept it online and then actually deliver the goods, the contract element of the transaction is complete?

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking along the lines of when you are under-charged for something in a store, they are obliged to sell it to you for that price. May not work exactly like that, but you get my drift.
  • DonGotti
    DonGotti Posts: 610 Forumite
    Options
    Littlewoods claimed that I agreed to only use codes that had been directly provided by them. In contractual terms, they have fulfilled their part by delivering the goods. I don't think we have any ground to stand on...otherwise they'd lose thousands in revenue.
  • worldwide3rider
    Options
    From what it says on there site, they "check" when you make an order, as it says the accepatance of the order is suject to their verification. Therefore if they send out...they have verified.

2.3 Where you have redeemed a promotional code or any other offer against your order, acceptance of this order is subject to our verifying that the code has been issued to you personally, that you comply with all the terms of the offer and qualify for the code. In the event that the code has not been issued to you for your personal use or you do not comply with or qualify for the offer, we shall have the right to reclaim the value of any discount from you and the price of the order will be adjusted notwithstanding the provisions of clause 2.2 above.
  • tonyfaestoney
    tonyfaestoney Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmmm, Anyone know if there is a way of cancelling orders online or do you have to phone CS :confused:
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    Funny, because today I have received further discounts from Empire for being a good customer and ordering 3 items (with codes) in 5 months. I've done this with Littlewoods so will await my call!
  • pudding
    pudding Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hopefully they aren't ringing everybody as there will be a lot of people to ring as codes are sold on ebay too..I will have to wait to see if I get a call....A lot of things I ordered were big items and i am still owe them loads anyway
  • Ellie2758
    Ellie2758 Posts: 2,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hells bells, I used a £15 off code just this past week. If I just return the goods will that cover me?
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills