Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Am i entitled to compensation from Tesco ?
    • 18th Jul 09, 2:36 PM
    Am i entitled to compensation from Tesco ? 18th Jul 09 at 2:36 PM
    Hi , i just wondered what my rights are after finding a black ,foreign object in a food product i bought from Tesco : i found the disgusting object during cooking and returned it to my local store ( which the staff there thought quite amusing ,i.e. telling me of other customers who had found various foreign objects in food products!)
    I had to pay 10 in taxis due to my health problems restricting me from using public transport and i included the receipt in my letter to their head office in Dundee as i was told i had to write to them after i telephoned. I also included a photograph of the product with the object ( which to me looked like some sort of large black insect) and was assured i would be informed of all tests as to what it was ,how ,where and when it got there etc : today i received a miserable apology from them with only 5 gift card and the tone of the letter was one of " it,s the supplier,s problem not ours"! The letter appears to be final in that i haven,t been told of any future correspondence i will receive relating to their findings ,etc : the experience of finding this in the food product has left me quite upset and disgusted and i believe Tesco are covering up by not revealing ,despite assurances ,what the object was ,etc. Am i entitled ,at least , to be reimbursed for my fares for returning the food product and also is there someone more senior i can contact regarding this? Many thanks
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,133Posts Today

6,065Users online

Martin's Twitter