Consumer Voice Panel CCB Fastmap

Options
Was anyone a member of Consumer Voice, which was run by CCB Fastmap ?
They have a web site which I am not allowed to post apparently.

I do consumer research questionnaires for a number of companies on the Internet. Mostly, they are very frustrating, you spend 20 minutes giving them all your opinions and then they reject you. Grr. But eventually the rewards add up and I make about £200 a year, usually in Argos or HMV vouchers.

But, Consumer Voice sent me monthly questionnaires and pay by cheque, but not until you reach £50. After 18 months, I had amassed £43... and they stopped sending me questionnaires. They won't reply to e.mails any more either. Looks like a rip-off ? Anyone in a similar situation with them. ?
Companies I have had problems with -
Time; Evesham; Gordon Lamb; N.Power; Safestyle; Lycos; Daum; Consumer Voice/CCB Fastmap; BT; Chard, Homeserve (plumbing insurance that solves your emergency but leaves you with the initial problem); Sony.

Comments

• lazy-one
    lazy-one Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Same position here - reached £34 then all "paid" surveys stopped -none in 2 years!

According to their website, we can't expect anymore : have a look at their website - (sorry, not allowed to post links yet)

ccbfastmap.com/our-panel.htm

Quote - We reward our panel members via prize draw incentives. This avoids attracting “professional panellists”.

A bit of a con I think - has any one actually received any payout from this site? Or have they 'accidentally' set their minimum payout at a level that cannot be achieved.
  • Door_knockers_will_die
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. My last reward was October 2008. Seems to me like they take you so far to the promised £50 and then dump you.
    The other 5 or so panels I am a member of have all been great.

Probably nothing we can do except give the company bad publicity and maybe delve a bit into who the clients are and let them know how they treat their panelists. Sometimes revenge is better than reward.

When I last e.mailed CCB I got three automatic acknowledgements from named staff but none bothered replying. Annoying.
    Time; Evesham; Gordon Lamb; N.Power; Safestyle; Lycos; Daum; Consumer Voice/CCB Fastmap; BT; Chard, Homeserve (plumbing insurance that solves your emergency but leaves you with the initial problem); Sony.
  • lazy-one
    lazy-one Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Try this: [EMAIL="david.cole@ccbfastmap.com"]david.cole@ccbfastmap.com[/EMAIL]

I've complained to them but didn't get anywhere. Good luck!
  • Door_knockers_will_die
    Options
    Thanks - have just sent a message to him.
    In the past I have had a reply from chris@ccbfastmap.com
    and have also tried the following.
    marian.halasz@ccbfastmap.com;
    alastair.macmillan@ccbfastmap.com;
    Lizzie.Kiernan-Hunt@ccbfastmap.com;
  • Door_knockers_will_die
    Options
    Had this reply from CCB. Not sure it is true after 18 months with no contact, but I live in hope.

Good morning,

Many thanks for your query.

I have looked into your account and yes you are still an active member on the panel and surveys are still being sent out to you and you should receive another in the next few weeks.

Payment credits are still offered and you can find out if this was the case for previous surveys by referring to the solicitation emails we sent to you for any surveys.

However, whether or not you receive a survey invitation depends on a number of factors including the profile of respondents a client requires and the level of demand for research we have from clients.

Kind regards
    Chris

Chris Smith
    Research Consultant

CCB fast.MAP Ltd
    Colonial Buildings
    59-61 Hatton Garden
    London EC1N 8LS
  • I think you may all have been mis-led; I think they incentivise their panelists by cash and prize-draws not on a per completed survey basis...

This is what they tell their clients anyway... maybe read the small print; I personally am not on their consumer panel.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I think you may all have been mis-led; I think they incentivise their panelists by cash and prize-draws not on a per completed survey basis.

Just got an e-mail to say I've won £250 in the prize draw! :j:j
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Door_knockers_will_die
    Options
    I think you may all have been mis-led; I think they incentivise their panelists by cash and prize-draws not on a per completed survey basis...

This is what they tell their clients anyway... maybe read the small print; I personally am not on their consumer panel.

Yes, they incentivise (wow) by cash and prize draws, but the cash has to reach £50 before it is paid. Mine is stuck at £41.30. (could have sworn it was £43 last time I looked). It is all itemised in my account. I have had two questionairres since I post this topic, but no additions to my cash payments, so presumably they just use the prize draws after you have almost reached the £50 target.
  • norrie39
    Options
    ccb fast map

does not always add amounts promised for surveys to your account

it is extremely difficult to find how to access your account, often no web page available

set impossible cash reward limits.

stop sending cash surveys when you get near the cashout

it runs a very professional web offer to business clients and presumebly sells the information gathered but treats survey members badly and does not pay out.

I hope their clients learn how they treat the survey takers

btw they say on their blurb to clients that they renew survey takers after a limited number of surveys. Go figure

AVOID
  • develyn
    Options
    YouGov is the same, it stopped sending me notifications after about £40 but at least I could logon and view available surveys.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure