Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance > has anyone had dealings with Kerobo Claims Ltd (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
has anyone had dealings with Kerobo Claims Ltd
Views: 47,540
# 1
Paul in Liverpool
Old 22-05-2009, 10:21 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default has anyone had dealings with Kerobo Claims Ltd

I have recently been talking to a company call Kerobo Claims Ltd who have told me that after looking at my details they believe that they can have a loan and a credit card cancelled as they have been missold. Has anyone heard of this company, are they a genuine claims company or just a scam outfit? They give their address as Ravenstone House, Britannia Road, Sale.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paul in Liverpool For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
maxdp
Old 22-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in Liverpool View Post
I have recently been talking to a company call Kerobo Claims Ltd who have told me that after looking at my details they believe that they can have a loan and a credit card cancelled as they have been missold. Has anyone heard of this company, are they a genuine claims company or just a scam outfit? They give their address as Ravenstone House, Britannia Road, Sale.
Hi There

If you put Kerobo Claims in the search engine you will find that this has been mentioned many times before. How much did you pay them up front to give you that information. Do they take it through the FOS themselves or are the Solicitors involved. Also how much are they taking of your refund (or winnings) whichever way you wish to look at it.

I would advise caution with these companies unless they have been personally recommended by somebody who has used their system and been successful.

Good Luck
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxdp For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
melorablack
Old 22-05-2009, 7:42 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Kerobo Ltd are Ministry of Justice regulated but I still wouldn't use a claims company when you can do it yourself.

If you want to check a company is regulated have a look here http://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/search.aspx

(Solicitors and charities don't need to be regulated by the MOJ by the way because they have their own regulators)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to melorablack For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
dunstonh
Old 22-05-2009, 8:40 PM
Mega Magnificent Maxi-Meticulous Uber-MoneySaving Magnate

MoJ authorisation is a doddle to get and the MoJ are a very weak regulator. I wouldnt rely on that alone.
I am a Financial Adviser. Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to dunstonh For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
natweststaffmember
Old 22-05-2009, 9:31 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Doubly Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunstonh View Post
MoJ authorisation is a doddle to get and the MoJ are a very weak regulator. I wouldnt rely on that alone.
If they are authorised then it is at least a good start
other questions I would look at is whether they charge up front fees

what other questions do you think the OP's who ask this question a lot should ask themselves?
I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
The Following User Says Thank You to natweststaffmember For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
Debtbuster1
Old 12-06-2009, 10:39 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Kerobo Claims

I have recently been talking to a company call Kerobo Claims Ltd who have told me that after looking at my details they believe that they can have all my credit card's cancelled as they have been missold.

They use this website to advertise, Has anyone heard of this company, has anyone completed this sucessfully, are they a genuine claims company or just a scam outfit? They give their address as Ravenstone House, Britannia Road, Sale.

They are asking for 350 to action - can't afford to lose anymore so please advise? Confused in need of help?

Thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Debtbuster1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
maxdp
Old 12-06-2009, 1:59 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debtbuster1 View Post
I have recently been talking to a company call Kerobo Claims Ltd who have told me that after looking at my details they believe that they can have all my credit card's cancelled as they have been missold.

They use this website to advertise, Has anyone heard of this company, has anyone completed this sucessfully, are they a genuine claims company or just a scam outfit? They give their address as Ravenstone House, Britannia Road, Sale.

They are asking for 350 to action - can't afford to lose anymore so please advise? Confused in need of help?

Thank you
I would advise you not to touch them with a barge pole. You should not go with a company who wants 350 up front. You could claim them back yourself if you feel you have been miss sold and it will not cost you anything.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maxdp For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
melaniemolly
Old 04-08-2009, 7:21 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Can anybody tell me how i go about tacking the issue of missold loans. Kerobo have told me that i do have a claim but want 495 up front, if i can do this myself or cheaper that would be great.
The Following User Says Thank You to melaniemolly For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
marshallka
Old 04-08-2009, 7:39 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniemolly View Post
Can anybody tell me how i go about tacking the issue of missold loans. Kerobo have told me that i do have a claim but want 495 up front, if i can do this myself or cheaper that would be great.
Probably better on the loans thread maybe if this only for the loan. Lots of info on there.
The Following User Says Thank You to marshallka For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
stanmech
Old 18-09-2009, 8:15 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Kerobo Claims

I have recently contacted Kerobo Claims to see about reclaiming my PPI i was mis sold on a loan back in 2004.

I have read a number of threads on this web site saying that i may not be able to claim back one of my loans as i defaulted and it went to court

I originally took out a loan with HFC bank, they added 5000 in PPI, I have since joined Eurodebt who manage all my debts on a Debt management Plan. I defaulted on my HFC loan and they managed to get an insert against my property through the Land Registry that if i sell my house or re mortgage i have to have their permission.

I have read on this web site that because it has gone to Court there is nothing i can do about this debt.

I have explained all this to Kerobo Claims and they still think they can take it to Court and get the whole debt written off as un enforcible,

Does anyone have any dealings with this company as i dont want to be lead down the garden path.

HELP !!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to stanmech For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
dunstonh
Old 18-09-2009, 9:33 AM

Many claims companies will tell a bunch of lies to get you to sign up. Many employ low skilled sales staff who havent a clue about what you can and cant do but are targetted and paid on the basis of those that get to sign up.

There are a few threads on this company on this website and I suggest you do a forum search for them.
I am a Financial Adviser. Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dunstonh For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
petermb
Old 18-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Send a message via Skype™ to petermb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanmech View Post
I have recently contacted Kerobo Claims to see about reclaiming my PPI i was mis sold on a loan back in 2004.

I have read a number of threads on this web site saying that i may not be able to claim back one of my loans as i defaulted and it went to court

I originally took out a loan with HFC bank, they added 5000 in PPI, I have since joined Eurodebt who manage all my debts on a Debt management Plan. I defaulted on my HFC loan and they managed to get an insert against my property through the Land Registry that if i sell my house or re mortgage i have to have their permission.

I have read on this web site that because it has gone to Court there is nothing i can do about this debt.

I have explained all this to Kerobo Claims and they still think they can take it to Court and get the whole debt written off as un enforcible,

Does anyone have any dealings with this company as i dont want to be lead down the garden path.

HELP !!!!!
Having looked at their site I think if you use this company you will run into difficulty.
They charge on what is called " contingency" basis. In other words deduct 25% of your claim amount.

You may well win. In fact I would imagine you would have a very good chance of winning. However, the lender is likely to deduct your complensation amount from the balance of your debt. The claims company will still expect you pay their fee and you will not have the money to pay it.

This has been reported on here before.

You need to look round for a company that will offer you 100% return of your compensation. (a company that works on Conditional fee agreements rather than contingency.)
I am a former Broker, former IFA and former compliance officer, for my sins.

However, I have since seen the light.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petermb For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
marshallka
Old 18-09-2009, 11:31 AM

Just adding my bit here...

and make sure that your credit rating is not affected by anything they do too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marshallka For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
djhill71727
Old 02-10-2009, 10:16 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Has anyone been succesful with Kerobo

After a conversation with Kerobo claims, they say they can get my loan written off due to the fact i was miss sold a loan in April 2006.
Has anybody had any dealings with Kerobo

It'll be free to get my claim assed and Kerobo said that if ive got a good case they will charge me anywhere in between 300 to 500 but if the case gets rejected, i basically get my money back.
The Following User Says Thank You to djhill71727 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
marshallka
Old 02-10-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhill71727 View Post
After a conversation with Kerobo claims, they say they can get my loan written off due to the fact i was miss sold a loan in April 2006.
Has anybody had any dealings with Kerobo

It'll be free to get my claim assed and Kerobo said that if ive got a good case they will charge me anywhere in between 300 to 500 but if the case gets rejected, i basically get my money back.
I would be careful about their claims to get your loan written off?? For what reasons would you think you could get a loan written off.

Perhaps the loans thread is better for this question as this one is PPI related on misselling and there is a seperate one for loans.
The Following User Says Thank You to marshallka For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
dunstonh
Old 02-10-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
they say they can get my loan written off due to the fact i was miss sold a loan in April 2006.
How do they know you were mis-sold?

There are threads on them on this board so do a search.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dunstonh For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
marshallka
Old 02-10-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunstonh View Post
How do they know you were mis-sold?

There are threads on them on this board so do a search.
Quite my thoughts exactly. This is why claims companies like this need closing down. They tell you you have a complaint even without knowing anything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marshallka For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
beckss
Old 06-10-2009, 9:52 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I have been in contact with kerobo too, is it real?
The Following User Says Thank You to beckss For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
marshallka
Old 06-10-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckss View Post
I have been in contact with kerobo too, is it real?
beckss, if you have a complaint for misselling PPI then someone on here can help. If its for other reasons then perhaps ask on the loans thread. I have pm'd you back.
# 20
Peter_Swoon
Old 14-10-2009, 2:24 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Mis-sold Loan

I unfortunately have a huge 18k loan which I got out around 4 years ago.
I heard about this company on the radio last week..... sixty second claim dot co dot uk aka: kerobo.
I rang them up and apparently all loans done before April 2007 are potentially invalid because people were mis-sold the loan / PPI over the phone. This company say they have a 100% success case record against the banks at the high courts.
They look at my loan and my case and if they're solicitors think they'll win in court against the Abbey then they'll take on my case. After that I have to pay a one off payment of 401.35 for the Audit report then they go to court against the Abbey. They say they make they're money from when they win the cases and if they do lose I get all my money back.
I don't know if this a good thing or not and I'd like anyone's advice please? I've read on another forum somewhere that these companies don't mention anything about trashing your credit rating in the process of winning your case at the courts etc. Is this true? I don't know who to believe? Please help!?!?!?
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter_Swoon For This Useful Post: Show me >>