Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Phones & TV > Mobiles > Add your feedback on Mobile Recycler Envirofone (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Add your feedback on Mobile Recycler Envirofone
Views: 72,484
# 1
MSE Archna
Old 24-03-2009, 2:45 PM
Senior Researcher
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Add your feedback on Mobile Recycler Envirofone

This thread has been running a long time. Please see the latest feedback at the end of this thread, not the top

This is a feedback thread on old mobile buying firm

Envirofone

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part

• Was it fast and efficient?
  • Did you get your cash promptly?
  • Did you have any problems?
  • Did it pay what it said it would?
The feedback comes as part of the

Last edited by MSE Archna; 11-01-2011 at 7:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
joyjoy5
Old 12-04-2009, 11:05 AM
MoneySaving Convert

How can this company have good feedback when there are no comments in this thread? I don't understand?
# 3
Butlers1982
Old 12-04-2009, 4:41 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
How can this company have good feedback when there are no comments in this thread? I don't understand?
Erm, its a new thread!!!
# 4
jedeye
Old 12-04-2009, 7:35 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Envirofone

First feedback then.

I´ve probably sold about 4 mobiles with Envirofone and every time they have given the amount stated on their website (even though sometimes I thought I wouldn´t or shouldn´t get the full amount).

I´ve always gone for payment in Argos ´vouchers´ and as far as I can remember it´s been paid promptly without any need to chase them up. They kept in touch via emails to say they have received the phone etc.

I think their prices have become a bit squeezed these days in what they are willing to pay, but I would defo use them again.

jedeye
The Following User Says Thank You to jedeye For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
dreamypuma
Old 12-04-2009, 7:50 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I've been using Enviofone for the past 4-5 years now. They have been brilliant.

Good rates, fast turn around, never lost a phone, and prompt payout. Before anyone harps on about being able to get more cash for your phones on ebay. This may be true on higher end phones, but on lower value phones, ebay just isn't worth the hassle.

I use envirofone for mid value phones. High end I'll sell privately, mid-range envirofone, low value Tesco recycling.
The Following User Says Thank You to dreamypuma For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
hotkee
Old 12-04-2009, 7:58 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Well I used envirofone last aug or sep 2008 first and only time thus far.

I placed my phone order to sell on their site - got the paperwork to send the phone in - sent it in and within I think 14 days I was paid the amount due.

Now April 2009, I am flogging my n95 8gig - so thought of using envirofone again but found another site paying a fiver more so I am going with the other site (mazumamobile) - see what they are like - expecting their paperwork next week and quids in :-)
# 7
Tony Tory
Old 07-08-2009, 3:13 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Envirofone

I have used this comapny 6 or 7 times and just sold one and got cheque today. Total turn around time from checking their website to receipt of cheque = 2 weeks. They have always paid exactly what they said and never lost on of my phones. Excellent and I will continue to use even if others give a few % more.
# 8
acuteera
Old 29-08-2009, 5:22 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Sent phone last week, took a couple of days for them to acknowledge receipt and only then to tell me that there's a fault (hm..). Instructed them to return the phone and I'm still waiting for it to be returned.

A friend sent a phone around the same time only for them to be told the same, faulty. I'm not too sure about this crowd they seem to be very, very picky compared to others.

---------- Still waiting.

---------- Forgot to update this post, the phone eventually arrived back (Recorded Delivery) and did indeed have the fault described - how I missed it I don't know.

Last edited by acuteera; 25-09-2009 at 1:16 PM.
# 9
fatboyonadiet
Old 07-09-2009, 8:25 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Used them and fairly quick turnaround, cashback tracked on Quidco too
2p off is still 2p off!
# 10
s7ewar7
Old 14-09-2009, 3:00 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default envirofone

The whole thing was 'okay' but took around a month to get the cheque from them.

The testing/processing took two weeks, the outer cover of the G1 I sent had a crack and the price was halfed (even tho a spare back cover could be bought for pennies im sure).

When I took the cheque to my bank (the RBS) they said 10 working days.

So if you're selling your phone to make a quick buck forget using envirofone.
# 11
Shoe_Gal
Old 16-11-2009, 9:12 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Just reached the "end" of the envirofone process today, ie. I received my cheque! I was very impressed with the speedy service and updates.

I sent my Nokia N95 8GB to them last Tuesday 10/11 (worth just over £112 in cash - have upgraded to an iPhone which cost me £87 for the handset so my Envirofone cheque covered it with £25 to spare, waheey! ) in the freepost envelope they sent me - which also arrived quickly. I paid 75p to ensure Recorded Delivery (should have really sent it Special due to the phone's worth, but I took a risk to cut costs and luckily it paid off!) and the freepost sticker courtesy of EF took care of the rest.

Received an email Thursday evening, 12/11, confirming my phone had been tested and that they would be paying the full amount, details about payment dispatch to follow. Next email received Saturday 14/11 confirming my payment had been dispatched. Received this morning, Monday 16/11 and promptly paid into my bank account at lunchtime!

A 6 calendar day turnaround from dropping the phone in at the PO, 2 email updates and a cheque for £112, I'm a very happy lady! This is the first time I have used a mobile phone recycling service, I found it to be simple and stress free, would definitely recommend Envirofone to other mobile phone traders. I could've gotten an extra £3 for my phone had I used an alternative web based phone buying service, but my instincts told me to visit Envirofone, am I'm very glad that I did!
# 12
Wallhart
Old 17-11-2009, 1:36 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quick question.

I have an N96 and was thinking of using a site like this when I upgrade in Jan.

The screen is a little dusty and there is a tiny crack from the memory card bit to the edge of the bottom half of the phone. Also the slider is a little wobbly beacsue of this. Do I have a chance in getting any money for it or is it a lost cause?

Thanks
# 13
millow123
Old 19-11-2009, 10:10 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile

Have recently sold my 9 mobiles that were found around the house some really old ones that i thought i would not get anything for, and some that i thought were only for the bin. They offered me free courier service 3 days later picked up, (offered this as i traded more than 4 phones), the next day received an email to say they had been received. That night had an email to confirm prices and to my suprise 6 out of the 9 passed straight through and the other 3 they made me new offers which i thought were very fair, explaining why the phone never passed the test so i clicked the button to accept new price and now awaiting email about payment ive had it in Argos ecard for christmas , so hoefully it will be here before then, just over £85 for phones that i was about to chuck. Will let you know when i receive payment.
20th November 2009 - Oh my thats what i call fast service- phones picked up monday received argos card for £93 on the Friday 5 days from collection to receiving payment - ****HIGHLY RECOMMEND ***

Last edited by millow123; 20-11-2009 at 11:58 AM.
# 14
Ste C
Old 19-11-2009, 10:33 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

• Was it fast and efficient?
Yes. Incredibly easy and straight forward. From sending in my mobile to receiving my cheque it took about 10 days.
  • Did you get your cash promptly?
As above. Within 10 days.
  • Did you have any problems?
None at all.
  • Did it pay what it said it would?
Yes.
# 15
hpf
Old 21-11-2009, 8:10 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

warning! reacently sent in my nokia, they sent me an email saying it was damiged and if i did not respond to the email in i think it was about 5 days i would then recieve the much reduced amount of money . i was lucky to see email in time because i work away. the nokia i sent was in perfect condition so i became suspitious and asked for return. guess what, it was still perfect and was in no way damiged as they discribed!
# 16
thebrow2000
Old 24-11-2009, 3:48 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I do wonder how many of these new posters are genuine?

i use fonebank but EF look like they pay better,decisions!

INSERT CATCHY PHRASE HERE
# 17
thebrow2000
Old 27-11-2009, 3:00 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallhart View Post
Quick question.

I have an N96 and was thinking of using a site like this when I upgrade in Jan.

The screen is a little dusty and there is a tiny crack from the memory card bit to the edge of the bottom half of the phone. Also the slider is a little wobbly beacsue of this. Do I have a chance in getting any money for it or is it a lost cause?

Thanks
Id use fonebank as ive had phones similar to this accepted. Or maybe ebay as long as you list accurately you be ok

INSERT CATCHY PHRASE HERE
# 18
rosie133
Old 30-11-2009, 9:00 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi all,

I'm more of a lurker on these sites but just had to post how good I think envirofone are. I sent my Nokia N73 in on the Tuesday, had an email Thursday to say phone received and had passed the tests and then a further email Friday morning to say that my paypal account had been credited with the payment! Can't fault it and would highly recommend it!
# 19
peterwaine
Old 02-12-2009, 7:01 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Used cashinmyphone.com which is a environfone site

Very quick turnaround, paid the quoted amount, no problems whatsoever.

(and £4.50 quidco)
# 20
Paulafos
Old 07-12-2009, 6:33 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Envirofone - Reliable and live up to their Quotes

I searched for a good deal on my Sony Ericsson phone and Envirofone quoted me £11.95 (Argos Vouchers). I was a bit dubious but posted my phone on 28th November and received my Argos Voucher for the FULL amount quoted on Friday 04th December.. I spent it today towards my Christmas gifts!! Well done Envirofone!!