Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 24th Mar 09, 2:45 PM
    • 1,871Posts
    • 5,991Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Add your feedback on Mobile Recycler Envirofone
    • 24th Mar 09, 2:45 PM
    Add your feedback on Mobile Recycler Envirofone 24th Mar 09 at 2:45 PM
    This thread has been running a long time. Please see the latest feedback at the end of this thread, not the top

This is a feedback thread on old mobile buying firm

Envirofone

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part

• Was it fast and efficient?
    • Did you get your cash promptly?
    • Did you have any problems?
    • Did it pay what it said it would?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Last edited by MSE Archna; 11-01-2011 at 7:14 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 1
  • joyjoy5
    • 12th Apr 09, 11:05 AM
    • 12th Apr 09, 11:05 AM
    How can this company have good feedback when there are no comments in this thread? I don't understand?
    • Butlers1982
    • By Butlers1982 12th Apr 09, 4:41 PM
    • 2,579 Posts
    • 1,773 Thanks
    Butlers1982
    • 12th Apr 09, 4:41 PM
    • 12th Apr 09, 4:41 PM
    How can this company have good feedback when there are no comments in this thread? I don't understand?
    Erm, its a new thread!!!
  • jedeye
    • 12th Apr 09, 7:35 PM
    Envirofone
    • 12th Apr 09, 7:35 PM
    First feedback then.

I´ve probably sold about 4 mobiles with Envirofone and every time they have given the amount stated on their website (even though sometimes I thought I wouldn´t or shouldn´t get the full amount).

I´ve always gone for payment in Argos ´vouchers´ and as far as I can remember it´s been paid promptly without any need to chase them up. They kept in touch via emails to say they have received the phone etc.

I think their prices have become a bit squeezed these days in what they are willing to pay, but I would defo use them again.

jedeye
    • dreamypuma
    • By dreamypuma 12th Apr 09, 7:50 PM
    • 1,024 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    dreamypuma
    • 12th Apr 09, 7:50 PM
    • 12th Apr 09, 7:50 PM
    I've been using Enviofone for the past 4-5 years now. They have been brilliant.

Good rates, fast turn around, never lost a phone, and prompt payout. Before anyone harps on about being able to get more cash for your phones on ebay. This may be true on higher end phones, but on lower value phones, ebay just isn't worth the hassle.

I use envirofone for mid value phones. High end I'll sell privately, mid-range envirofone, low value Tesco recycling.
  • hotkee
    • 12th Apr 09, 7:58 PM
    • 12th Apr 09, 7:58 PM
    Well I used envirofone last aug or sep 2008 first and only time thus far.

I placed my phone order to sell on their site - got the paperwork to send the phone in - sent it in and within I think 14 days I was paid the amount due.

Now April 2009, I am flogging my n95 8gig - so thought of using envirofone again but found another site paying a fiver more so I am going with the other site (mazumamobile) - see what they are like - expecting their paperwork next week and quids in :-)
  • Tony Tory
    • 7th Aug 09, 3:13 PM
    Envirofone
    • 7th Aug 09, 3:13 PM
    I have used this comapny 6 or 7 times and just sold one and got cheque today. Total turn around time from checking their website to receipt of cheque = 2 weeks. They have always paid exactly what they said and never lost on of my phones. Excellent and I will continue to use even if others give a few % more.
  • acuteera
    • 29th Aug 09, 5:22 AM
    • 29th Aug 09, 5:22 AM
    Sent phone last week, took a couple of days for them to acknowledge receipt and only then to tell me that there's a fault (hm..). Instructed them to return the phone and I'm still waiting for it to be returned.

A friend sent a phone around the same time only for them to be told the same, faulty. I'm not too sure about this crowd they seem to be very, very picky compared to others.

---------- Still waiting.

---------- Forgot to update this post, the phone eventually arrived back (Recorded Delivery) and did indeed have the fault described - how I missed it I don't know.
    Last edited by acuteera; 25-09-2009 at 1:16 PM.
    • fatboyonadiet
    • By fatboyonadiet 7th Sep 09, 8:25 AM
    • 5,265 Posts
    • 2,230 Thanks
    fatboyonadiet
    • 7th Sep 09, 8:25 AM
    • 7th Sep 09, 8:25 AM
    Used them and fairly quick turnaround, cashback tracked on Quidco too
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • s7ewar7
    envirofone
    The whole thing was 'okay' but took around a month to get the cheque from them.

The testing/processing took two weeks, the outer cover of the G1 I sent had a crack and the price was halfed (even tho a spare back cover could be bought for pennies im sure).

When I took the cheque to my bank (the RBS) they said 10 working days.

So if you're selling your phone to make a quick buck forget using envirofone.
  • Shoe_Gal
    Just reached the "end" of the envirofone process today, ie. I received my cheque! I was very impressed with the speedy service and updates.

I sent my Nokia N95 8GB to them last Tuesday 10/11 (worth just over £112 in cash - have upgraded to an iPhone which cost me £87 for the handset so my Envirofone cheque covered it with £25 to spare, waheey! ) in the freepost envelope they sent me - which also arrived quickly. I paid 75p to ensure Recorded Delivery (should have really sent it Special due to the phone's worth, but I took a risk to cut costs and luckily it paid off!) and the freepost sticker courtesy of EF took care of the rest.

Received an email Thursday evening, 12/11, confirming my phone had been tested and that they would be paying the full amount, details about payment dispatch to follow. Next email received Saturday 14/11 confirming my payment had been dispatched. Received this morning, Monday 16/11 and promptly paid into my bank account at lunchtime!

A 6 calendar day turnaround from dropping the phone in at the PO, 2 email updates and a cheque for £112, I'm a very happy lady! This is the first time I have used a mobile phone recycling service, I found it to be simple and stress free, would definitely recommend Envirofone to other mobile phone traders. I could've gotten an extra £3 for my phone had I used an alternative web based phone buying service, but my instincts told me to visit Envirofone, am I'm very glad that I did!
    • Wallhart
    • By Wallhart 17th Nov 09, 1:36 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    Wallhart
    Quick question.

I have an N96 and was thinking of using a site like this when I upgrade in Jan.

The screen is a little dusty and there is a tiny crack from the memory card bit to the edge of the bottom half of the phone. Also the slider is a little wobbly beacsue of this. Do I have a chance in getting any money for it or is it a lost cause?

Thanks
  • millow123
    Have recently sold my 9 mobiles that were found around the house some really old ones that i thought i would not get anything for, and some that i thought were only for the bin. They offered me free courier service 3 days later picked up, (offered this as i traded more than 4 phones), the next day received an email to say they had been received. That night had an email to confirm prices and to my suprise 6 out of the 9 passed straight through and the other 3 they made me new offers which i thought were very fair, explaining why the phone never passed the test so i clicked the button to accept new price and now awaiting email about payment ive had it in Argos ecard for christmas , so hoefully it will be here before then, just over £85 for phones that i was about to chuck. Will let you know when i receive payment.
    20th November 2009 - Oh my thats what i call fast service- phones picked up monday received argos card for £93 on the Friday 5 days from collection to receiving payment - ****HIGHLY RECOMMEND ***
    Last edited by millow123; 20-11-2009 at 11:58 AM.
    • Ste C
    • By Ste C 19th Nov 09, 10:33 AM
    • 648 Posts
    • 719 Thanks
    Ste C
    • Was it fast and efficient?
    Yes. Incredibly easy and straight forward. From sending in my mobile to receiving my cheque it took about 10 days.
    • Did you get your cash promptly?
    As above. Within 10 days.
    • Did you have any problems?
    None at all.
    • Did it pay what it said it would?
    Yes.
  • hpf
    warning! reacently sent in my nokia, they sent me an email saying it was damiged and if i did not respond to the email in i think it was about 5 days i would then recieve the much reduced amount of money . i was lucky to see email in time because i work away. the nokia i sent was in perfect condition so i became suspitious and asked for return. guess what, it was still perfect and was in no way damiged as they discribed!
  • thebrow2000
    I do wonder how many of these new posters are genuine?

i use fonebank but EF look like they pay better,decisions!

INSERT CATCHY PHRASE HERE
  • thebrow2000
    Quick question.

I have an N96 and was thinking of using a site like this when I upgrade in Jan.

The screen is a little dusty and there is a tiny crack from the memory card bit to the edge of the bottom half of the phone. Also the slider is a little wobbly beacsue of this. Do I have a chance in getting any money for it or is it a lost cause?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Wallhart
    Id use fonebank as ive had phones similar to this accepted. Or maybe ebay as long as you list accurately you be ok

INSERT CATCHY PHRASE HERE
  • rosie133
    Hi all,

I'm more of a lurker on these sites but just had to post how good I think envirofone are. I sent my Nokia N73 in on the Tuesday, had an email Thursday to say phone received and had passed the tests and then a further email Friday morning to say that my paypal account had been credited with the payment! Can't fault it and would highly recommend it!
  • peterwaine
    Used cashinmyphone.com which is a environfone site

Very quick turnaround, paid the quoted amount, no problems whatsoever.

(and £4.50 quidco)
  • Paulafos
    Envirofone - Reliable and live up to their Quotes
    I searched for a good deal on my Sony Ericsson phone and Envirofone quoted me £11.95 (Argos Vouchers). I was a bit dubious but posted my phone on 28th November and received my Argos Voucher for the FULL amount quoted on Friday 04th December.. I spent it today towards my Christmas gifts!! Well done Envirofone!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

884Posts Today

5,562Users online

Martin's Twitter