Electronic Cigarette

Options

Comments

• j-baby-scotland
    Options
    I'm not a zealot, but certainly don't enjoy smokers polluting my oxygen supply. This electronic cigarette looks a bit, well, naff to me. I can understand why someone might be interested to see if it works. If I was a smoker then I'd probably be happier sticking with the devil that I did know rather than a new one.

Electronic ciggie beats hands down the health destroying real thing.

Though, you have the right psychology about smokers sticking with what they know.... but if only to avoid being considered naff it ain't worth it.

Seems alien to most smokers, but a lot in later life end up dragging an oxygen supply around as their brain slowly dies by small strokes (oxygen deprivation).

If the cancer don't strike first, before the COPD.

Personally, I chew for ...... (insert what you want) on gum.

Only 90% lung cancer is due to smoking.
    :D
  • krad
    krad Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    The e cigarette is probably better than gum or patches, the reason being that many of the people I know who are trying to quit smoking and are using patches need something in their mouth as well, such as a straw.

I do know one guy who uses one of them, but he's not trying to quit, just to smoke less. :P

The Daily Mail has an article about it, but I think it can only be used as a quit smoking aid, since if you're not trying to quit it's just not going to taste like the "real thing"...
  • lewt
    lewt Posts: 9,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15922

they have them here and some reviews
    If i upset you don't stress, never forget that god aint finished with me yet.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    foxxymynx wrote: »
    I don't understand smoking so certainly don't understand why anyone would want those though granted it doesn't have all the harmful chemicals found in cigarettes so safer for your health.

If you wanna burn money and create an awful smell along with damaging your health, that's your call but personally I'll never understand it. Waste of money and longest ever suicide IMO.

Hows the orgasm?
  • red
    red Posts: 666 Forumite
    Options
    i am pretty sure that if anyone really wants to give up they will and being forced to do so just leads to resentment. this electronic alternative may not be the best thing for your health, but it certainly seems better than a traditional cigarette and may be a step towards helping someone choose to take control and decide to give up at some point (if indeed at all).
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JoolzS
    JoolzS Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered one on ebay a few days ago and it arrived this afternoon. I chose the Super Electronic Cigarette for no real good reason - just the price of it and the extra cartridges. I'm quite a heavy smoker, getting through around 100g of rolling tobacco a week. My electronic cig arrived at around 2 p.m. this afternoon and up to now, at around 10.30 p.m., I have smoked a grand total of 1½ roll-ups. I'm very happy so far with the electronic and don't see any reason that this won't continue. I've worked out that if I used three cartridges per day (which is possible, but it seems more likely I'll only use two) - it'll cost me a total of £1.05 per day, plus the initial outlay for the cigarette, batteries, charger, etc. I spent a total of around £65.00 for my first order which included 100 cartridges. I could have spent just £60.00 but I wanted to try the different flavoured cartridges. Even if I had to spend that much every time (which I won't because the catridges alone are so much cheaper) it would still only be £1.95 per day at most.

I didn't buy it to try to quit, but as a replacement for the rollies. I had begun to hate the affect they were having on my health but am not ready to quit just yet. The fact that the electronic cigs have cartridges that come in four strengths of nicotine - high, medium, low and none - may mean that I do use it to quit at some point in the future, but I'm not worrying about that right now.

The cigarette itself is quite large - the one I've bought is around 10cm long as is a little thicker than a real cig. However, I used to smoke superkings before I changed to rollies so I don't find it too strange. I also used a holder with a filter with the rollies so I'm still used to a long cig. There are smaller versions out there though.

HTH

Julie
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Julie,
    does the cartridge last as long as normal cigarette? or how does it work? When you smoke normal cigarette, it runs out and you don't light up another until you want one... But like in case of my husband if he doesn't run out he is able to smoke until it will!
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    foxxymynx wrote: »
    I don't understand smoking so certainly don't understand why anyone would want those though granted it doesn't have all the harmful chemicals found in cigarettes so safer for your health.

If you wanna burn money and create an awful smell along with damaging your health, that's your call but personally I'll never understand it. Waste of money and longest ever suicide IMO.

Yeah, I know... Chocolate is not good for you (most of NHS's money si actually used by FAT people), cars with strong engines (they say that they destroy our planet), too much sex apparently can be bad for you....I can continue...
    I think every person have their own, so why keep repeating and attacking just smokers I don't understand...
    I hope you walk to work OP. Otherwise this post of yours would be just hypocracy...
  • JoolzS
    JoolzS Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    Any wrote: »
    Julie,
    does the cartridge last as long as normal cigarette? or how does it work? When you smoke normal cigarette, it runs out and you don't light up another until you want one... But like in case of my husband if he doesn't run out he is able to smoke until it will!
    Each cartridge lasts for the equivalent of something like 7 to 10 cigs for the model I have bought. For some of the other models they claim the cartridges are the equivalent of about 20 cigs. I am finding that I do have to consciously put the electronic cig down and not keep puffing on it, but as it's only been a couple of days, I'm not worrying about that yet. One thing I have found is that it is virtually impossible to let it just dangle from my lips as it's far too heavy, so as soon as I need to do anything with my hands I have to put it down. The nice thing is that it can be put down anywhere, not just in an ashtray.

It might be worth you sticking "electronic cigarette" into google and reading a few of the links. I'd never heard of the things until Monday when I read a vague reference to them on another forum. Sounded intriguing so I went and did some reading, and after a couple of hours research I was sold on the idea so I ordered on ebay. There are also some videos of them in use on youtube.

Julie
  • lewt
    lewt Posts: 9,158 Forumite
    Options
    davidnewns wrote: »
    Hello

I have tried the Intellicig http://www.intellicig.com I have been smoking for 40 years and managed to stop!!! I never knew it was possible but their new Intellicig EVOlution is so realistic!

Really if you have any doubt try one, I understand you can get a refund if you are not happy.

David
    im going out on a lim here.... but thats your company isnt it david....:rotfl:
    If i upset you don't stress, never forget that god aint finished with me yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure