Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Tony H
    NTL How to get 1.5mb service for 750kb price
    • 23rd Nov 04, 2:09 AM
    NTL How to get 1.5mb service for 750kb price 23rd Nov 04 at 2:09 AM
    You have recently signed upto NTL 750kbps service after leaving an ADSL provider eg BT, BT Yahoo or Wanadoo.

You have seen Press, TV & Web advertisments for NTL 750kbps service stating it is Faster & Better than BT based ADSL, with NTL claiming to be the Number 1 Broadband ISP.

You frequently upload large files to websites, digital pictures for processing or send large e-mail attachments.

Then read on......

Today I telephoned NTL and told them that I had run speed tests on my internet connection using www.adslguide.org.uk and it generated results of approximately 704/115. I informed them that I was suprised at the second figure of 115 as this was 256kbps when I was with Freeserve / Wanadoo. Explaining that at no time was I informed that the upload speed would actually be 50% less than ADSL. Had I known this I would never have subscribed to NTL as uploading is an important part of my internet use "Winks' @ Martin ".

I suggested that they had two options open to them, the first was that my subscription be terminated with immediate effect under the premise that it had been falsely advertised or that they increase my upload limit to 256kbps inline with BT based ADSL.

NTL have 3 fixed services they are 300/64, 750/128 & 1500/256 they are no providing me with an upload speed of 256kbps which is the 1.5mb service for the price of the 750kbps @ 24.99 / Month.

I'm not sure how long people will be able to benefit from this advise, but their website still says the 750kbps service is Faster, Better & Cheaper than BT, this is obviously a lie as part of the service is actually 50% slower.

I hope you find this information useful.

Regards
    Tony
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

177Posts Today

1,631Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin