Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• iceburn
    iceburn Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    to be honest, as the Eurodisney SCA shares are high priced at the moment, if you wouldn't use the shareholders discount by visiting DLP frequently, I'm not sure they'd be much of an investment. The most cost effective way to get the discounts for shareholders at the moment is to buy the minimum 5 shares, and pay the 30 euro admin fee to join the shareholders club for 2 years. If the share price reduces significantly, you could then buy your further 15 shares to avoid paying the admin fee after your first 2 years.

your shareholders card can be with you within about 10 days if you need it to be, once you've applied to the club.

Well dont know might be worth buying now. Shares have gone down from there 9's and now in 7.59

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=EDL.PA

Now if you pay €30 admin and €15 to buy other set of shares (know sometimes they have free trade day but just assume they don't repeat it). So to get those extra shares you are down by €50. So the shares will have to go down to below €4.59 before it would work out better to just buy 5 shares now and 15 shares later. And since that was figure it hover for a long time 4.5 think if one want discount still must as well buy all 20 shares. ESP since of latest figures of visitors, debt repayment etc.. But that is other discussion. Anyway choice is yours (and other arguement Is don't have necessary fund to buy all 20 shares right now, so one can buy 5 shares and than use savings to fund future purchase later on)
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    If you just buy the shares, trading charge is around £15, shares have traded around £9 for a while, but dipped to half that 2009/2010, than shot back up to £8/£9, so the £7.60 isn't too bad.
    Even if you sell then for what for paid, the £30 or so dealing fees soon get paid back.
  • GillianY1
    GillianY1 Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    iceburn wrote: »
    There is a voucher you take to the resort going by feedback you can not use a uk bank card. Only French, virtual ones. Could try a prepaid card as well. Can buy like the first post found on eBay ppl selling the voucher already printed.

Thanks - just bought the vouchers from Ebay. :beer:
    Wins:Smyths Gift Vouchers, Sat Nav, £100 Next Gift Vouchers, £250 Dunelm Mill Gift Vouchers, £720 D&G Perfume, £200 Asda Vouchers, Johnnie Walker Gleneagles Tickets, Edinburgh Virgin Festival Fireworks Tickets, Givenchy Dahlia Noir Perfume Set, Long Weekend in St Petersburg, Russia, £250 Selfridges Vouchers, £3000 Family Trip To LAPLAND!!!!
  • MONEYME
    MONEYME Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    I've set up a first direct sharedealing account but can't find EuroDisney S C A on there to buy shares.

Am I missing something or is the likelihood that it might not be on there?

Is Halifax the only place to buy them?

Thanks
    MM
  • mikey72
    edited 14 July 2011 at 10:25AM
    Options
    It's a widely traded share.
    I'm afraid you must be missing it, or maybe First Direct are UK shares only.

EDL.PA
    listed on the french exchange, not uk equities.
    have a look at

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/investor-relations/euro-disney-s-c-a-share/other-share-information.xhtml

for information on it.

I deal through TD Waterhouse, I don't know if First Direct deal UK only.
  • mikey72
    Options
    Moneyme - I've edited previous post.
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mma wrote: »
    Hello All
    We'd be very grateful for any advice/suggestions on the late evening summer events, suitability for little ones etc. We are going in August for a couple of days, but staying in a gite about half hour drive from Disney. I've just seen the new programme of events on the disney site - Mickey's Magical Celebration is at 21:15, Fantilusion is at 22:25 and then fireworks follow that. Thought fireworks would be earlier! The Our little one is 5 - would love to experience all the evening entertainment but suspect he may be a little too tired after a full day at disney too. Any suggestions as to which evening events are the best to go to? what shouldn't we miss? How long are they, is there much waiting inbetween events, do people tend to stand in the same spot all evening? any advice/info much appreciated! x

when our son was that age we hired one of the Disney pushchairs for the evening,so that he could rest his little legs ,even if he didnt sleep!

he was wide awake and lasted a 15 hour day @ Disney !!
    you dont have to stay late every day of your trip :)

x
  • MONEYME
    MONEYME Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    I'll have a look on TD Waterhouse thanks.

Just saw this on First Direct

what markets can I deal in?1x1blank.gifYou can deal in most UK shares on the London Stock Exchange including some UK Exchange Traded Funds. You may also deal in most shares on AIM. We do not offer a service that trades on OFEX or any foreign markets.
  • mrliam69
    Options
    Is it possible to use unused days from Orlando Tickets at Euro Disney
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills