Refurbished Mobiles guide - official forum discussion

Options

Comments

• Jmclshire
    Options
    I also ordered and received the same email saying they had cancelled my order, also spoke to them on the phone and they reassured me that the original transaction had not gone through. They confirmed this in writing so I placed a new order, which they've now said has gone through ok despite having the same lack of confirmation on their site. Since then I've had around 6 emails saying I've got no orders going through but one customer service person saying there is 1 going through and the other was cancelled so who knows! I paid directly as heard (I think on Martin's email) that you don't get the credit card's protection through PayPal and I've had bad experiences claiming from them but Barclaycard have told me there's nothing they can do currently as the money is pending, if they take the money from my account then Barclaycard can take it back, seems a bit crazy to me but as long as I get a phone or my money back I'll be happy!
  • Patiokev
    Patiokev Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered one of these phones last Thursday after reading about the offer through the newsletter. It was shipped last night so am awaiting delivery today, will be back here once I have received the item to advise on the quality of the goods received.
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    A few days after I'd been refunded, I had an email apologising for the delay in shipping my order! They clearly haven't a clue what they're doing.
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • hsvqbutr
    hsvqbutr Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    So..... Has anyone actually had a mobile phone from these guys and what was the condition like. Have you got your phone and the decided it not for you and tried to send it back.....?

I just ordered a 128GB IPhone 6 yesterday. Didn't get a reply with a confirmed order and ended up calling them.

Yes very unprofessional. Told me my order number and then said he was just emailing me. Which he did.

Yesterday afternoon I got a email from the post office saying that tracking number ?? Will be delivered the next working day.

Low and behold today no phone. I call them up and all Mr Stroppy could say is that if I read the website it stated 5 to 7 days for delivery. I told him that I had an email from Royal Mail saying I was getting my packet today and he got all defensive saying I was not listening to him....

Very unprofessional and there is more than one guy cos I could hear another guy answering calls too in the background.

So. Has anyone got their phone????

Gary
  • Ping1234
    Options
    Did those of you who got a refund via Paypal just have to open a dispute or did you raise it to a claim? I've never had to do anything like this before.
    I too feel conned by this so called company. I realised I'd ordered the wrong item and emailed to cancel my order a few hours after I placed it. I have tried in vain to get a refund from the company ever since. Phone line rings endlessly and emails are either not answered or responded completely ignoring my request to cancel.
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I just opened a dispute - and within 20 minutes I had been refunded!
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • Patiokev
    Patiokev Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Following up my post yesterday, I ordered a 16gb Iphone 6 from Hot Bargain Phones last Thursday (14th May) after the tip off in the newsletter. I received my phone yesterday by Royal Mail special delivery, it is very slightly blemished but otherwise looks brand new and works perfectly and is as described (sim free). 1 week from order to delivery and I am delighted having only paid £400.
  • Ping1234
    Options
    After I opened a dispute last night I got a refund through Paypal early this morning. Just waiting for it to appear in my bank account now. Thanks all for the advice/info on here.
    Glad to hear there are happy customers and orders have been fulfilled as promised.
  • elite264
    Options
    Previously I've been impressed by the tips I've had from Martin.

Surprised he has recommended this company.

Ordered 64gb iphone 6 on 13th - 5 days working days later called and told it had been posted and would receive that day or next day. Called yesterday and given tracking number and told it would arrive today. Called back today as tracking number shows still not posted and ow told they haven't posted (nor refurbished!) my phone yet! However reassued it will arrive tomorrow!

I paid via paypal and will cancel transaction if I had to, but would like this at this price. If they were upfront and honest and said it will take 21 days I wouldn't have a problem, but this over promise / under deliver reflects badly on the company and also on Martin Lewis! :money:
  • mumby
    mumby Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I ordered Iphone 6 Monday on from Moneysaving expert newsletter.
    Received tracking number Wednesday that doesn't work emailed company who said it was Royal mail problems but Royal mail said they have'nt received item. After reading other posts not feeling confident about getting phone from these people. I should have checked before jumping in but felt if it was on money saving expert it was okay.:(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback