• Grand_Benders
    Grand_Benders Posts: 350 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 August 2012 at 3:16PM
    Options
    NewLeaf wrote: »
    Hello !

Did you get LLy**ds sorted out?

Have you seen the women's football last eveing? It was quite good!

Hope you have some time to sort your letters this weekend.

We need to shop around for car insurance, such a pain.

x

I haven't done anything with Lloyds yet except hit ignore when they call (another 2 since my last post). I'm going to go through all the paperwork this weekend and work out what I've had from them, and then draft a letter to send next week to try and get them to sort it.

I need to finish bike insurance comparison tonight and get it bought as mine is due Sunday and the OH on Monday! We also both have to get MOTs this month on the bikes AND the car, and I need to book our CBT renewals (which is a pain frankly as we really wanted to sit our tests this year but just don't have the cash).

I haven't seen any football at all. Not a massive fan, but I've loved absolutely everything else I've seen of the olympics and hope that the BBC keep some stuff up on iplayer so I can catch up a wee bit when things are calmer next week.

We were at the cinema last night to see Pixar's Brave. A work outing, so the only spend was our hotdogs (still, extortionate but that's our treat for the month I guess). Film was fab and we'll probably go see it again using an 'Orange Wednesday' code. :D
  • NewLeaf_2
    NewLeaf_2 Posts: 2,116 Forumite
    Options
    ooh I want to see Brave too
    Mortgage: £280,752/ £262,515.84
    hmrc:£16760/£5,480.20
    evil credit cards: £41,208/ £37,841
    Car: £18,800/£13,101.18
    Weight 13.9/ 12.6 -1 stone 3
    saving for refurb £2000/£700 1 July 2013
  • Grand_Benders
    Options
    NewLeaf wrote: »
    ooh I want to see Brave too

Definitely go see it! Made me proud to be Scottish. Lots of laughs, a few that were almost 'throwaway' jokes but got big laughs in a Scottish cinema, lovely story, beautiful cinematics. A veritable feast for the eyes.

I would go so far as to say that, after the Toy Story movies, this is my all-time favourite Pixar film... and I'm a bit of a fan, so that's saying something. :D
  • NewLeaf_2
    Options
    So what have you got on for today/tonight?

Is the weather up there nice today?
    Did you get to your letters?
  • Grand_Benders
    edited 18 August 2012 at 11:56PM
    Options
    It's shocking that I haven't updated this in over a week! This is mainly because our working week has been extended somewhat, and each day we have finished at:
    Mon - 00.15
    Tue - 0045 (actually Wed am)
    Wed - 20.00
    Thu - 11.35
    Fri - 10.25

... each followed by a 45 min drive home!

Month end is done, as well as lots of additional priority stuff and we're now off for a whole week (hence extra work to prep for hols).

Not going anywhere, but spending the time catching up with stuff we haven't had time to do in the last few months.

Had a nice positive start today. Up early, a bit of DIY motorcycle mechanics (replacing battery in OH scooter). 2 Scooters for MOT today (both passed, no added cost), and a wee ride out in the local area. Started off raining, but was absolutely gorgeous by the end of the afternoon. Stopped off at a local coffee shop owned by our friends and had a wee treat.

Also spent 2.5 hours today doing a full box of filing (think, large archive sized box). Admittedly, this was just so I could find the log book for OH scooter for the MOT, but it's a good start in getting organised and it's been on the 'to-do' list for about 2 years!!

Saw the ISS pass overhead tonight too. A bit cloudy but still exciting to see it. I waved to the astronauts ;) I do confess to being a wee bit of a geek :rotfl:

Busy day tomorrow, including cutting grass, trip to recycle centre (the tip) and then some DIY in the house.

Got some crafty stuff to do Monday, car MOT on Tuesday and then the week's our own :D Fingers crossed for good weather so we can get out and about on the bikes! Might even take the wee tent and do an overnight somewhere (but will need to arrange for cat care).

Bedtime now, or I will sleep half the day tomorrow and won't get stuff done.
  • Grand_Benders
    edited 19 August 2012 at 12:14AM
    Options
    Ohh... money-saving things this week:

Exchanged £5 Clubcard vouchers for £10 token last week to get stocked up on kitty litter. Exchanged another £5 this week for £10 and have pre-ordered kitty food (they never have enough on the shelves). I like to buy in bulk so I can forget about it for the rest of the month. Also gives me more chance of a NSD (and keeps me away from the shop and the temptation to spend on anything else).

Found pennies this week 7p :j

Worked late a few nights, two of which were pre-planned so we got to order dinner, paid for by work (so yummy takeaway food for free). :T

Roasted an Aldi chicken last Sunday that I'd frozen when we did the big shop. Had a lovely chicken breast meal from it, then made curry with the remainder, but made extra sauce to stretch it out a bit. This was dinner tonight, and two tubs of curry (mostly sauce but with some chickeny bits) which we'll freeze, then when we're back at work, we'll mix it up with decent rice portions for lunches two days. :)

Got a £2 coin in my petrol change today. Straight in the pot.

I've been transferring all my little bits of change from my cash (i.e., whatever I'm carrying around) at the end of each day, and putting them into my penny jar. Have put in over a pound this week.

Ooohh... editing because I forgot to add the biggest saving!!

My bike insurance was up for renewal and my insurer wanted £156. I went through MSE insurance article, followed all the comparison instructions, did a comparison direct on Top Cashback and got a new policy for £87.80, but with £22.50 cash back on top, so actually cut my insurance for the year down to £65.30!
    :T :T :T :j :j :j
    A £91 Saving!
  • Grand_Benders
    edited 19 August 2012 at 12:29AM
    Options
    Last update of the night (so much for bed lol)

I finally got round to sorting out Lloyds TSB phone maniacs.

Phone CCCS and told them that LTSB allegedly had no note of the offer, so they said they'd send it out to them again that day. Called LTSB in the car on the way to work and told them this. After a very frustrating, long drawn-out conversation with them (in their Indian call centre), they agreed to put my account on hold for 14 days while they get the letter from CCCS. I told them to remove my phone numbers from their records and explicitly asked them to contact me only in writing, per my letter (that they claim not to have received, even though they cashed the cheque that was stapled to it). She assured me she would remove my phone number.

Was it any surprise, then, that 3 hours later I got a call on my mobile from them. I hit ignore, next thing my OFFICE direct line rings :mad: which I HAVE to answer.

I went through their security questions and before she could get a word in I explained (as vaguely as I could because my boss was sitting beside me) that I'd spoken to their office that morning, it had all been sorted out and they weren't supposed to call again. She sounded very apologetic and promised no more calls. So far, 4 days have gone by and no call, so I guess they finally got the message.

Let's hope this CCCS offer doesn't go 'astray' (although they should get the payment from them on 25th, which will be within the 14 days, so should be fine from then I think).

Still got 2 more letters from them since the phone calls, and one was dated the day after the call, but I'm putting it down to automatic computer churning and not just plain incompetence.

So, fingers crossed that's them sorted.

Now that I've got all the historic filing done, I'm going to make a start tomorrow on a new file for all the DMP stuff, and go through everything I've got in so far to try and work out where we are with everyone.

That's me done (for sure this time). :rotfl:

Night night! :o
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    Options
    Have a good week off honey, it sounds like you are in real need of it. x

Little funny for you:

An actuary and a farmer were traveling by train. When they passed a flock of sheep in a meadow, the actuary said, "There are 1248 sheep out there." The farmer replied, "Amazing. By chance, I know the owner, and the figure is absolutely correct. How did you count them so quickly?" The actuary answered, "Easy, I just counted the number of legs and divided by four."

Gx2 x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • Grand_Benders
    Options
    Awww Granny - a counting-based funny just for me. Thank you!

In other news...

The car failed the MOT, so £450 on Friday for new disks, callipers and pads *sigh* :mad: Our wee emergency fund is now officially wiped out!

Got two letters from LTSB today, accepting reduced payments (so that'll be the loan and the cc in my name, no word on the OH CC though) but only for 6 months. I guess answering the phone and speaking to them actually achieved something. Lesson learned.

Half way through the holiday now. Going to do a wee bit of maintenance on our bicycles tomorrow and try and fit the bike rack to the car, so that when we drop it off for repair and MOT retest on Friday, we can go for a cycle ride instead of having to pay £10 for a taxi home and back again, or wait an hour and a half for the rubbish rural bus service each way for a 4mile journey (all uphill)!

It might also get us out and about and get some exercise, which certainly wouldn't do us any harm!
  • NewLeaf_2
    Options
    wow posts! I love it

Well done on the bike and shame about the MOT.

The no haraasing phone calls must be a relief xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing