The "Save 12k in 2017" Thread!

Options

Comments

• MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    £700 saved for January and entered onto update form.
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • PoorGuyNextDoor
    Options
    Not a single penny saved in January, two unexpected bills mean i actually spent more than i earned. Determined to make Febuary a better month.
    Can now be found in the Millionaire Challenge thread :beer:
  • Frances109
    Options
    I know I'm late to the party but can I join again this year please �� I'm going to aim for £8,000!
    First time buyer!
  • laura84gr
    Options
    Just updated the spreadsheet. Number 32 and managed to save my target of £1k for the month.

So pleased to have reached my total savings of £10k! Have opened a nationwide current account and rs this month and will open my 3rd BOS vantage in a couple of months time.

My salary looks like it will change slightly beginning next month with bonus paid annually instead of monthly - so I may fall a little bit behind with my 12k target for the year, however, I'm still going to aim to save as close to this as possible. The yearly payment will be more that double what I would have recieved monthly - so worth it in the long run!

My engine warning light came on as I was diving home from work last night - so everything crossed that it's not something serious aka expensive to sort.

Thanks to you all for the motivation. Well done to everyone for their January achievements and good luck for February.
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    edited 31 January 2017 at 9:45AM
    Options
    FINALLY I can report - it's been such a long time since pre-Christmas pay day!!

Overall, not as bad as I thought: £806.71 for me. The increase in my pay didn't come through due to weird HR/tax reasons that I don't understand so I should have a bumper salary in 4 weeks!

This month's savings come from a mixture of salary, Prolific Academic earnings, Lucky Phone winnings, my grandparents' Christmas cheque and interest on my TSB monthly saver (which has matured). Next month I will have my First Direct and Flexclusive regular savers maturing, so let's hope I can make up the £193.29 I'm behind then!

Keep up the good work guys and bring on month two!
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    #20. I have managed to save the £1k for January by adding an extra £76.96 this morning. Should be ok for Feb. Have updated the form.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    #104 here declaring a total of £550 leaving my bank today and into my savings, although I might add £200 to that, need to do some maths first.

Updated form
  • Sunnybee
    Options
    Declaring $3,392.64 for Jan. Not quite on target but not too far off especially with the dreaded post Xmas credit card bill....

Breakdown:
    Interest $85.45
    Regular savings $2,950
    Additional savings $300
    Sweeps $57.19

Well done all - Jan isn't an easy month! :beer:
  • imajica37
    imajica37 Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am declaring £555 for January, so already ahead of target even if only a few pounds :)

Hoping for better over the coming months.
    Save £8,000 in 2023 #10: £49,148/ £8,000 :j
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well done everyone :D:p;) January isn't an easy month. Keep up the great work.........:D
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family