The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 January 2017 at 8:42PM
    Options
    I took a flask in and saved some money today. Work was ok.

I had some interesting conversations with colleagues today. It 's amazing how many people have had holidays abroad and also have cleaners. They are healthy and work full time I can't and also I only have my income whereas they are all married and i am an old maid. I did go to Scotland a while ago but haven't been abroad proper for over 10 years. When I owned my last house I used to gallivant off all over the world. This one has needed so much money to put it right though. My dear friend Firewalker was correct a house really is a liability rather than an asset sometimes.

I have to think smart - I have been with my main current account for 27 years (I don't think it ever had any benefits attached to it ever) I reckon I could switch to a new current account and get £100 bonus on my next day off.

Also I just relisted my lovely designer jacket on fleabay which is unworn as I think it makes me look fat. Fleabay have 50% off fees at the moment.

I just read my fix of Life after Money blog by Ilona. I reckon I will try to grow some veg this year to save some money. Every bit helps.

Ps Hello Aesop. Happy New Year.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    edited 8 January 2017 at 2:26PM
    Options
    Hello Mrs 3Dogs, Mrs 3dogs is staying with me and has been cheering me up as I am ill again and am signed off work now I think maybe for a while. Yikes. I am trying to stay happy it's not life threatening so I should get better.

I am still working from home when I can though. Yesterday I spent the day with the gang who cheered me up as I was v upset about constant blooming sickness which always happens whatever I do. I spent £19 though. EEK.

Today I am being positive and am going to tidy in between resting. I have washed bedclothes and towels and hoovering too. I am v proud of self. Today is a NSD.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I have been watching the Real Housewives again. What a way to live. If I had the money I would pay for my garden to be landscaped. In the summer I will pay for new plants in garden and paint the front of my house myself. I can ask the boys to put up my summer swing seat (bought at end of last year) and enjoy the lovely sun for free :j

For the moment though, I am going to scrimp and save and hope I can cover the cost of spending last month OMG it is high. Lol. Roll on payday.:rotfl:

I will try to have 4 dd's transferred to my old current account if I am well enough on Tuesday. Then I can benefit from a bonus from a nice new bank.
  • VintageHistorian
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're ill savingwannabe, I hope you feel better soon!

Looking towards the summer sounds lovely, especially getting a swing chair set up, think of the nice times you can have outside on it, with a nice book in one hand and a cold drink in the other! :D
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • savingwannabe
    edited 9 January 2017 at 8:09PM
    Options
    I went into work to collect stuff I can do at home. Today was an NSD.
    I have lots of healthy food in fridge and freezer and must start eating it. tomorrow I will focus on being happy, healthy, doing some work and do one positive thing as well. Yay to 2017 and getting better.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 10 January 2017 at 8:03PM
    Options
    I feel more positive today and better. I decluttered my kitchen (it took about 20 mins) and met a deadline for work. I am starting to sort out my current account with helpful advice from bobobski.
    I have eaten healthier food today, blood sugars stable but still ill with secondary illness!

Steve says it may snow later in week. OMG. So exciting.

I spent £10 topping up my phone.

My plan for tomorrow is to do marking and then if I am able, to I shall dig up old plants in pots at front of house and plant daffodils in back garden. I know it's too late for this year but I am early for next year. lol .:rotfl:
  • savingwannabe
    edited 11 January 2017 at 10:16PM
    Options
    I have pulled out old dead plants from 4 pots at front of house and planted daffodils.:beer: It's too late for this year but these daffs will go up in 2017. It took 10 mins max but am wiped out.

I am pacing myself. I sleep for an hour then I do a task. Plans for the rest of the day are that I am going make bed in spare room. Then I will sleep.
    I slept for most of the day and didn't do any work. I will do it tomorrow.

Am v proud of self. PS it's going to be another NSD.:j

When I woke up again I explored You tube + moneysaving blog things - Lydia Senn & Budget Girl are good and smart. I like them. From their sites I learned to clear out my fridge and not throw away food and also not to eat out any more. When other people have said this it hasn't struck a chord with me but these ladies got through. My downfall is when I eat out with friends. No more. I'm taking sarnies from now on. I am going to save for a proper emergency fund. I have amended my 2017 resolutions to show this. Yay.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 13 January 2017 at 6:33PM
    Options
    Jobs for today:
    Stay positive:j
    [STRIKE]Go to drs
    [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Do ironing 4 items[/STRIKE],
    and [STRIKE]some work from home[/STRIKE]!
    Am feeling an improvement :) I don't think I can go back next week but it's a turn in the right direction:j

Tomorrow I will try to switch some dds to current account cannot do till next week as illness makes this impossible:mad:
    [STRIKE]do more work,[/STRIKE] done:D
    [STRIKE] to tidy storage room[/STRIKE].
    Rest of house is v tidy.

I am still emptying out my fridge and freezer. This is definitely saving me money as I haven't visited supermarket this week. I hope I can keep it up. I wonder what I can make tomorrow? Glad I didn't go out and stock up for a snow siege as we hardly had any.

I am feeling rather sorry for myself but I remember people are in a much worse place than me. Thank goodness I'm not Dooooonald Trump how much worse can he get ?:rotfl:
  • savingwannabe
    edited 14 January 2017 at 5:43PM
    Options
    Something great has happened. My back massager broke a while ago and I bid for a really posh one on local fleabay (this is a need as my back is always hurting). I won the auction and paid a bargain price of 10 ( saving some serious money) and the lady lives on my road (so no transport costs). Martin Lewis has saved me loads by introducing me to local ebay. Kerrching!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

Done half of my work and am chilling. I was going to the corner shop to buy snacks but this good karma will remain unsullied by cholesterol and e numbers.:rotfl:
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    To cheer myself up I have done a bit of decluttering from drawers in bedroom. It's easy to do and there is always something I can chuck or put in charity pile. Getting rid of stuff I don't use always cheers me up it's cathartic. :)

I have some marking to do and work to set. Will do this later.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure