List of aims for the rest of 2015

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 August 2015 at 6:35PM
    Options
    I am sorry for the heartache. That's really hard. But you know you did your utmost and at the end of the day it was he that ballsed it all up. Something he will regret when he matures and his brain moves from between his legs to his cranium. What an ar*e he is. I am relieved you found out now rather than later when he could have caused more financial damage. Good bloody riddance to him!

This might be part of the big plan. New job, new ambitions and a more confident you with a nicer boyfriend that loves you as you deserve to be loved. Enjoy the festival I am glad you have good friends and family supporting you. Remember we are always a post away and you never put a downer on our day. We love you as you are a lovely person- bright and bubbly with your heart on your sleeve and we are waiting for you to have a happy ending and believe me you will. Hugs.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Lala2015
    Lala2015 Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    I am sorry for the heartache. That's really hard. But you know you did your utmost and at the end of the day it was he that ballsed it all up. Something he will regret when he matures and his brain moves from between his legs to his cranium. What an ar*e he is. I am relieved you found out now rather than later when he could have caused more financial damage. Good bloody riddance to him!

This might be part of the big plan. New job, new ambitions and a more confident you with a nicer boyfriend that loves you as you deserve to be loved. Enjoy the festival I am glad you have good friends and family supporting you. Remember we are always a post away and you never put a downer on our day. We love you as you are a lovely person- bright and bubbly with your heart on your sleeve and we are waiting for you to have a happy ending and believe me you will. Hugs.

Thank you guys, the support means a lot!
    I'm actually feeling rather positive! :j
    I have a job interview confirmed for next Friday, which gives me a bit of time to prep!
    It's at 10:00am and I've managed to book the whole day off as annual leave and I had forgotten about prior plans for the same evening for my friend to come over with a bottle of wine & stay the night, so it's shaping up to be a nice long-weekend next weekend!

As I said, festival on Saturday, Bank Holiday weekend... I have a lot to feel positive, even if the weather is looking rubbish!

Let's not forget (for me anyway :D) it's PAYDAY on Friday - thank god! I'm running out of things to eat! :rotfl:

How is everyone else getting on?
    FTB House Deposit - £28,505.00 / £40,000 - 71.26%
    Emergency Savings - £750.00 / £5,000 - 15.00%
    [STRIKE]Car Finance - Cleared - July 2015 [/STRIKE]
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hallo, this sounds great. Like you I am eating what I have already in the freezer rather than going out for a shop. I don't want veggie soup or fish but may have to resort to that v soon. Roll on payday.

I am looking forward to the long weekend but haven't quite decided what to do yet.
  • Lala2015
    edited 28 August 2015 at 7:58AM
    Options
    Morning everyone! Happy Friday! :beer:
    I woke up super early to sort my finances as it's finally PAYDAY! :j
    I feel like I am getting somewhere every time I sort out my money on payday, but months like today annoy me as it means 4 weeks of staying in! The price to pay for SW4 & three birthdays in one month, argh! :rotfl:

SO. this morning, I have:
    - I brought mum's birthday present (perfume) and my sister's birthday present (a watch she wanted). I'm also contributing to some eyelash extension she wants.
    - I have transferred my money into my 'FTB House Deposit' fund, my 'Emergency' fund & my 'Car Insurance' fund.
    - The present's I've brought have all been brought via Quidco, so need to wait for my cashback on these :)
    - Budgeted & brought some patent black court shoes for work, handy for my interview next Friday ;) My old ones look really tatty and need to be re-heeled so I've just brought some brand new ones (£20.00 from Boohoo!)

The plan for the weekend is:
    Get home from work tonight & get ready for an early start for SW4 tomorrow:
    Pain nails, wash hair, sort out what I want to wear.
    Clean the kitchen & bedroom prior to mum & dad popping over to feed Loki the kitten.

Saturday = SW4.
    I've told my friend i'm going with (it will just be us 2), that I'm giving after-parties a miss. I wanted to experience SW4, but the 'scene' of the after parties really isn't my scene if you follow me.. so I'll make a quick exit. A bit nervous about going home from Clapham alone, but i suppose there will be LOADS of people going the same way anyway.

Sunday = Recovery day, food shop and EBay clothes currently hidden behind closed bedroom door :rotfl:

Bank Holiday Monday = See my auntie and cousin in Sussex. Visit my nan in her residential home & pop to the cemetary to visit my gradad.
    They're all about 1.5 hours away so I don't see them as often as I'd like & I do a 'round trip' as it were.
    Really looking forward to this weekend! :T

What's everyone else got planned?!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your weekend sounds fab! You'll be fine coming home from Clapham alone, it's really busy on a normal night anyway but with SW4 there'll be plenty of people so you won't be vulnerable and alone in the street :). Good shout on giving after parties a miss, lots of drugs at those after parties! My boyfriend and I had a good chat about it last night and he's not going to any after parties after Sunday either... It's due to rain Sunday so he'll be home by midnight!

My weekend is currently:

Tonight: Stay with my boyfriend, having a girly shower (he has an AMAZING shower), going to do all girl stuff like pore strips, shave my legs, exfoliate etc. then watch a horror film and get an early night (boring, I know but I'm so tired after month-end prep this week at work!)

Saturday: IKEA trip with my boyfriend, pick up lots of things for the office (have to expense them) and 2 chairs for my dining table. Love going to have a mooch. Then going to buy some shoes for work with my birthday money from my BF, any left over is going towards my car insurance!

Sunday: RELAX! Boyfriend will be at SW4, I'm going to open all my windows in my flat, clean everything and weed my garden, all this rain has meant the weeds have gone crazy! When I'm done with all that I'm going to drive to the gym :)

Monday: Do an online tesco shop for Click + Collect for Wednesday, I have enough to keep me ticking over till then but haven't done a food shop in ages! Then I think I might treat myself to something, might see if I can find an open salon and get my nails done or something!

:D Relaxing one for me!
  • Lala2015
    Options
    Your weekend sounds fab! You'll be fine coming home from Clapham alone, it's really busy on a normal night anyway but with SW4 there'll be plenty of people so you won't be vulnerable and alone in the street :). Good shout on giving after parties a miss, lots of drugs at those after parties! My boyfriend and I had a good chat about it last night and he's not going to any after parties after Sunday either... It's due to rain Sunday so he'll be home by midnight!

My weekend is currently:

Tonight: Stay with my boyfriend, having a girly shower (he has an AMAZING shower), going to do all girl stuff like pore strips, shave my legs, exfoliate etc. then watch a horror film and get an early night (boring, I know but I'm so tired after month-end prep this week at work!)

Saturday: IKEA trip with my boyfriend, pick up lots of things for the office (have to expense them) and 2 chairs for my dining table. Love going to have a mooch. Then going to buy some shoes for work with my birthday money from my BF, any left over is going towards my car insurance!

Sunday: RELAX! Boyfriend will be at SW4, I'm going to open all my windows in my flat, clean everything and weed my garden, all this rain has meant the weeds have gone crazy! When I'm done with all that I'm going to drive to the gym :)

Monday: Do an online tesco shop for Click + Collect for Wednesday, I have enough to keep me ticking over till then but haven't done a food shop in ages! Then I think I might treat myself to something, might see if I can find an open salon and get my nails done or something!

:D Relaxing one for me!

Sauceoclock, you weekend sounds LUSH! :D

I'm just sitting here chatting to my friend I am going to SW4 with and he is saying he will "drag me out by my hair" :rotfl: Hahaha the reasons you stated are the exact reasons why I want to avoid the after-parties; well, that and the expense.
    People are talking about spending £300+ at SW4, what do they spend it on?! :eek: I'm bringing £60.00 and a card (in case of emergency!)
    It would probably be cheaper to go home with him, we've lined up another option of a local gay bar that I've been to before that is 5 minute walk from the Common and is a 'safer' bet. I'd feel much more comfortable going there as we have been before.
    I might just bail after the festival though, I'll see how I feel.

I'm going to lunch with my colleagues to the pub across the road... Pay day, Friday, Bank Holiday weekend, festival tomorrow....
    Today is a good day :D
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    This month I am poor as am paying insurance in one lump sum and paying off holiday credit card bill.
    Tonight Steve and Andy are visiting.
    Saturday I will mow grass, waiting for an ebay auction and if I have energy visit town for window shopping and snack. If I am too tired I will see friend on Monday and do prep for work.
    Sunday I am carbooting and then also waiting for men to sort out double glazing that has blown. It is covered by guarantee so hopefully there will be no cost.
    Monday I will either catch up with friends or do some prep for work.
    I am glad you are not wasting money on drugs, it is so sad and expensive better to spend it on something tangible.
    Everyone have a good weekend.
  • Lala2015
    Options
    Hi everyone! :wave:

How are well all?
    So I went to SW4! It was AH-MAZING! :j Well worth the money, but saying that, I only went because Faithless were headlining and I don't think I'd go again unless I was into the line-up.
    I withdrew £60.00 for the day. I brought my credit card with me for 'emergencies' which I had to use, spent £30.00 for travel as the train wasn't running, but once my expenses are paid, this will be cleared.
    Got home at 2:30am as I left my friend to go to the after-parties without me; I'm quite proud at my perseverance as I was in the mood to carry on parting, but as soon as my head hit my pillow, I knew I'd made the right choice! :D

I'm visiting my cousin tomorrow, so going to have an 'early-ish' night tonight.

What's everyone doing tomorrow?!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed yourself. So far I am having a v lazy day. All is well but i am having the day off. So far i have watched lots of TV from the TIVO box. Most of it is rubbish but it is better than thinking of work.
    IT friend from work did some work on my computer and i paid him a bit of money to say thanks.
  • Lala2015
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed yourself. So far I am having a v lazy day. All is well but i am having the day off. So far i have watched lots of TV from the TIVO box. Most of it is rubbish but it is better than thinking of work.
    IT friend from work did some work on my computer and i paid him a bit of money to say thanks.

Glad you had a relaxing day Savingwannabe! :T

I, on the other hand, feel so stressed out :eek:
    It's the first time since I've been at my current employer that I've had what I call the 'Sunday-sweats!' :( The pre-nerves of going to work after a weekend. I'm actually beginning to dread it.
    I really, really hope my interview on Friday goes well. I really want to get out of where I am as soon as possible.
    My phone has been going mad with work e-mails - it's not the workload I'm worrying about - it's the people and their attitude.
    Everyone is so clique-y. Everyone's either engaged to each other, married to each other or have been friends since year dot. I obviously knew this when I started and it wasn't a problem, but since I've started to distance myself, people have noticed (I think), and are being short with me and are giving me the jobs that no-one wants to do, as such.
    I'm feeling like a bit of a scapegoat and want nothing more than a fresh start where I don't know anyone.
    Going to keep my head down and drill through the week to get it over with asap.. I try so hard to be positive, but after looking through my e-mails, it's getting to me now.

I also feel a bit off-focus in terms of my saving. I think it's because I'm worrying about work maybe?
    In order to get back in focus, here is my list for the week:

Tonight:
    - Swagbuck a little, try and round my figure up to 400SB.
    - Save the webpages about the company for Friday's interview & print this off somehow.

Tuesday:
    - Print off the webpages for my interview research and read through & make notes.
    - Print off payslips (providing these are sent through).
    - Print off my Unit 3 results for my V2L Course.
    - Start U4 of my V2L course.
    - Make sure my interview outfit it prepped and ready in the wardrobe.
    - Give the kitchen a quick clean & prep. meals for Wednesday.
    - Draft/List some EBay items.

Wednesday:
    - Read through my interview research & make notes.
    - Prep. meals for Thursday.
    - Continue with U3 of V2L course.
    - Draft/List some EBay items.

Thursday:
    - Read through my interview research & make notes.
    - Prep. breakfast for Friday.
    - Have an early night!

Friday:
    - Interview at 10:00am.
    - Come home, de-stress for an hour or so.
    - Clean the flat.
    - Girly night in with my onesie, wine and friend :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts