Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Boy, just 3 hours work has fair worn me out!

Dh leaves at 7 ish tomorrow morning, so dd and I (and big sis later on) will potter on. We had some help today, which saved dh 2 tip runs. But dd got super cold as she wasn't moving around (once she had finished playing outside) so we must avoid that tomorrow. 2 visits to mum's too - she is all over the place.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Have you seen the thing on MSE about people in your Mum's situation reclaiming council tax?
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hi Apple, just catching up on diaries. The AppleMuncher household are certainly going through it this year. Sorry to read about DH father.

Take care.

Best wishes Tilly xxx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Am in an overwhelmed state!

Been at dad's house since 9.45. Soon after afriend came to mow the back - took him about 3 hours. Bigsis got here just before 12, then her book friend arrived. So we had quite a houseful, which was rather lovely.

I had an email from work, asking me effectively to set work for the rest of the week, after \I do my first 1/2 day back. That was soooonot good for my anxiety! Of course I can set work for groups that I have not taught for 6 weeks... Not.

Anyhoo, dh is back safely from his dad's funeral. He is vert tired, but glad he did it. He is now pottering around at dad's, doing 'things'. Dd has been amazing once again, entertaining herself and not requiring much attention at all. She and I took a pm break to wanfer round some ch shops. Another lovely friend did 2 ch shop runs for us, although that did not clear everything we had... I have filled about 10 sacks with rags/clothes, 4 with papers, 3 with general rubbish, and about 7 for the ch shop. I am tired.

Bigsis took a taxi back to mum's and we'll join her later, after the carer has been, just staying long enough to zap our tea and eat it and spend a little time with mum.

I think big sis and I are realising that we have taken on the right roles for each of us. That is good. Very good indeed.

I feel that I had more to write but cannot recall it now... Probably just as well.

Tomorrow is a short day here. 2 valuations and a friend to help with tip/ch shop runs. We hope to leave soon after noon...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Have you seen the thing on MSE about people in your Mum's situation reclaiming council tax?
    I've not seen this . Can I be lazy and ask you for a link? Or I guess I can use the little searchy thingy...
  • apple_muncher
    Options

Thank you small - will read 'at some point' when my brain can hold a thought/fact for more than a nanosecond!. Mum is not yet diagnosed...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    So, back from our emptying visit and it was a successful one. Dh + lovely friend did 2 tip/ch shop runs, and I have re-filled the hallway for lovely friends to take if they have a chance. I love that each time big sis comes to the house she can see more space and that progress is being made.

The 2 valuations were interesting and food for thought. A potential 20% difference. But we'll continue emptying, whizz a j-cloth round (ha ha - that alone could take 3 days!!!) And get another valuation in the new year/feb/march...

I would like to get up for 2 visits in Nov, to see big sis and mum, and clear more if poss. Dh got mum's car working - flat battery - and I parked it nose facing out so it can be jumo started more easily if nec.

However, 2 visits plus my return to work, may be a lot... Nope - it is a must, for my sister's sake.

Am joining the Just say NOvember: batten down the hatches NST challenge next month. I have been given some useful strategies for my NSD limitations (finding gf/df food for dd; food shopping while at mum's).

We are all off to bed soon - rather pooped from travel and clearing. Nighty night.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Hope you slept well.

What happened about setting cover work?
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Hope you slept well.

What happened about setting cover work?

Thank you - we slept like logs until 7am, when dd's alarm clock woke us.(we'd set it for 7 for the day we went away, so must have forgotten to switch it off!) Ah well, we are all snuggled in bed on our tablets now!

As regards the cover work, I haven't yet replied to them. I'd said I was away tues-thurs, and I have been so busy (house, dd, mum, sis, dh, meals...) that coherent thought when away from all my books and notes was impossible. Today is reply day - it'll be a 'no, can't do it' on my part. I had asked about 4 weeks ago if the lady doing my classes was still available after half term, 'just in case', so gave fair warning... As my sister says: it is their problem, not mine to solve.

oops, rather a long reply for'not yet'!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback