Here I go again...

Options

Comments

• LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    I will see what I can do, hopefully I'll be able to attach it in a PM to you.

LMD x
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Hope you're having fun with the spreadsheet Lincs...

Today has been a good day, managed to spend just £1.30 on a sandwich for lunch and whilst munching on that I had a jiggle around of my spreadsheet to pay off the credit card with the highest interest level.

They've written and said that due to rising costs the interest rate is going up to 31.44%:eek: That's taking the michael just a little bit so I need to throw all I have at this. It's not a high balance especially after PADding £315 at the card today... woo-hoo!

In other good news, another card statement has arrived today and my outstanding balance is less than I thought by over £250. I'm so pleased :D

My hope is that I will be able to make the final payment on the highest card next pay day and then close the account. I think if their 'costs' result in a 31.44% interest rate it's unlikely they will be offering me a 0% deal any time soon.... :rotfl: I see no point in keeping it there in temptation's way!

Dinner tonight is from stores so no spend evening for me, one curled up watching TV :)

Speak soon

LMD x
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    So, today has been another good day.

I made my obligatory PAD this morning of just a £4 rounding down of the bank account. All budgeting is done and I do have some spare money in the bank to see me through the next 4 weeks...

My savings account is up to £1200 now so I have no worries about Christmas or our holiday in November contributing to hefty credit card balances:T

This afternoon I had confirmation that Mazuma have transferred the payment for my old mobile...In the past I would have spent a while choosing a new handbag or pair of shoes to buy with this cash - Not today! I went straight onto my banking app and made another £150 payment to the Santander card. This takes the balance owing down to £253.59 (with interest to be added of course!)

Totally do-able next pay day... then I'll be tackling the Halifax card.

Checked my TCB today too and everything is looking to be tracking as it should, this will be £96 and all should be payable by mid-December.

Not a bad Wednesday overall, and only 2 more days to the weekend! Hubby is away so I will be cleaning the house and doing some more gardening.

Have a good evening peeps

LMD x
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Hello...

Made my PAD this morning of £1.96 to Santander... some of this was bank account interest which I never got with my old bank - Yay

Downside is that today has been well and truly utter tripe... I even had a cry. Nothing to do with the debts although they probably don't help, but a lot of stress at the moment and not sleeping well.

Think a glass of red is on the cards.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

LMD x
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi LMD,

Have been looking for your diary since I've seen your amazing PADs on the PAD thread, so pleased to have finally found you!

Sorry you've had such a bad day today - sometimes a good cry and a glass of good wine is enough to perk up the dullest of days.

K x
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Welcome to my diary Kirtsypoos... :wave:

Apologies you managed to find me on my grey day! Work is hell at the moment and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel... If I didn't have my debt I could jack it in and take something lower paid with far less stress.

Such is life, I only have myself to blame!

Normally as you can see my posts are of a much sunnier disposition :)

LMD x
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    At least going forward you know that being debt free could help to change your work situation.

I also have a stressful job, and in hindsight wish I'd never taken it, regardless of money! Alas, I can't afford to move into a lower paid job until my debt is paid off so hopefully sooner rather than later we can both move into jobs we enjoy.

Everyone is allowed a grey day every now and then :)

K x
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hope that you're doing ok LMD and that you manage to get a good night's sleep tonight. Feel better soon lovely lady :)
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Hello all and welcome to the weekend.:beer:

Today has been another sh!tty day at work but it's over now and I have a nice 2 days at home ahead of me, cleaning, cooking, stopping the dogs from destroying our house... ooh and adding my excess belongings to good old eBay.

I already have wine on the go... an indication that this has indeed been a challenging day.

PAD today was £206.55, a good one by all accounts. I was particularly low yesterday and where I would usually have a shopping spree I decided I would do this effectively and started my Christmas shopping. I have decide that this year I am just going to as what gift people want and get it for them. In the past I've tried getting surprises and then had a panic. "what if they don't like it..? better get them this too just in case..." Before you know it you've spent double (if you're lucky!:rotfl:)

I see last night's purchases as 'effective' mood shopping haha, perhaps some would disagree.

I am really hoping that come payday I can get rid of that Santander debt so for the rest of the month, (aside from 2x card payments on 0% cards) all of my efforts will be to reduce this as much as I can. We have some increased pet costs this month so daily budget availability is tight but even if it's a pound a day it's extra being paid.

Thank you all for your support and kind words over the past day or so, it's very much appreciated :o

Much love

LMD x
  • LittleOne83
    Options
    Hi LMD just checking in.
    Doing well with the PAD's I see!
    Have you looked into sleep hygiene at all? I can't recommend it enough, work's well for me so I like to spread the love. Xx
    Trying to remain debt free!
    Sept GC £24.10/£200
    Weekly spend £0/£50
    Sealed pot £3.15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business