NST - Stupendous Sextilis

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Small spend yesterday on some fresh items but not too much. Dinners and lunches still coming from freezer.
    Spent most of the day teaching C how to use the tablet he got for Christmas. He's not very technically minded!
    Treat - Downloaded lots of free classic books to my kindle. Started off last night with early bed, pot of earl grey and Greenmantle by John Buchanan.
    Grateful for just hanging about having a lazy day.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Posted yesterday and then forgot to update spends.

Friday and yesterday were spend days - one was shopping for lunch food and yesterday was a small shop for noodles/pasta n sauce etc for DD to cook in the holidays.

Hoping today will be a NSD.

misstara - once you pass the home check let us know what breed you have. I like my dogs large (I worry about standing on those tiny ones), we have a choc lab x staff which we took from my brother when he moved and could not take his dog and we have a rescue American Bulldog - we have had her a year now and she is a typical bulldog.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Today is International Friendship Day

So here is some t4623.gif and some t4416.gif for all my Turtle friends on MSE.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Soo.... Thurs ended up being NSD :) Fri morning saw us leaving the house just after 9am for the surprise trip. Loads packed in on Friday and a slightly more relaxing day yesterday. Not at all MSE days. Shan't count any of the spends whilst we were away (most already paid for beforehand - think Fri saw us spend £17 on dinner & £6 on a pint for OH (I had 5 freebie large shots of Ba1leys!) and then yesterday £17 on lunch from a food stall (which we threw away - I could taste something 'wrong' with it, which I suspect was fish sauce/ oil/ 'contamination' from the shrimps and prawns also being sold on the stall - I am intolerant and very quickly felt nauseous and very sweaty - was sick which thankfully got rid of most of it quite quickly (and then had stomach cramps and bad stomach last night/ early hours of this morning) Food spends covered by OH and am not counting - nothing I could control

Aside from that we had a fab time. Did loads of walking. Had afternoon tea on Friday as part of it (Groooopon) - so have ticked that one off!
    Came home and I flopped on sofa for a bit - combination of tiredness and stomach ache. I didn't want food, so OH bought chippy tea (saus and chips) for himself and DD - so I need to add that to my food spends. SMall 2 had already eaten by the time we got back - and DS1 was out with friends and ate when he got home around 9.30.

Will update spends later after shopping.

Gratitudes up to today:
    * OH arranging the past 2 days all by himself as a lovely treat
    * DD agreeing to look after smalls to enable trip to happen
    * My mum for popping in on Friday and treating all the children to a McDs (DD was happy to cook but wasn't going to turn down an easy option!!)
    * Not feeling the need to buy tat/ souvenirs/ random stuff as gifts for children
    * The weather generally being good whilst we were out and about
    * New experiences
    * DD doing washing and drying it and getting it in whilst away

Today I need to go shopping for food - milk, cheese, cereals and some fresh bits. Still aiming to use stuff up. We brought back teabags & coffee from our room, along with some jars of condiments and jams from breakfast. We also had access to complimentary soft drinks and biscuits on the journey home, so grabbed some extras. DS1 had also been away, and brought back all of his unused bits - some will go to foodbank donation, as no one will eat them (long life ration packs) but the rest will get used up by us :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 August 2017 at 7:06PM
    Options
    Yesterday was a fab day but not a NSD. Went to Cromford with the dog, had a walk around the canal (had an ice lolly) and walked up to Black Rocks. Well over 10,000 steps achieved.

Went home and then went for drinks in the evening with friends. Spent £30 from our entertainment budget so still have £20 left.

Hoping for a good relaxed day today. Hopefully with a NSD as well!

Edit: Today has been a NSD so I'm at 2/15. Pleased with that, although I would really like to see a few more next week. Tomorrow won't be but hopefully I'll grab at least another three.

Visited my nana this afternoon and came Home with a goodie bag of chopped tomatoes, cheese and some other bits and bobs. Will help tremendously!

I don't feel like today has been a good diet day, I've tried to use up some bits in the cupboards which aren't particularly healthy and have quite a lot of calories. However, I refuse to throw anything away unless it needs to be so I've eaten it and will have to adjust my diet this week to make up for it. The OH is making a lovely curry tonight so I'm looking forward to that!

Gratitudes:
    1) food in the fridge
    2) good company last night
    3) my nana. She's great!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Anticipating a NSD. Don't feel like doing anything that requires going further than the bins. Gently tired, not hurting, just very peaceful, cosy and relaxed. hope to get something done but if not will write it off as quality 'me' time.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • LD_13
    LD_13 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Yesterday and today have both been spend days, but from planned petrol & entertainment budgets so happy with that. Can see tomorrow being a spend day too as I need to do a food shop.

This weekend I'm grateful for getting to spend time away with great friends, good music, that it didn't rain for my night away in Glasgow (it always rains when I go there) and chocolate.
    Visa - £368.99, Car loan (dad) - £3,690
    NSD - /18
    Food shop - £3.60/£100
    Super September Scrimper No. 28
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    LD_13 wrote: »
    This weekend I'm grateful for getting to spend time away with great friends, good music, that it didn't rain for my night away in Glasgow (it always rains when I go there) and chocolate.

It’s raining now, back to normal phew!

Hope everyone is well, have made a bit of progress on my goals the last few days as follows:

Allocate – took the little one to soft play plus I did a grocery shop bringing my spends to £79.87/£280 so far.
    Spends – have had another 2 NSDs bringing my updated total to 4.
    Time (for yourself) – finished a book and according to Goodreads I am now 4 books behind schedule rather than 5. I’ve started on a new book that I borrowed from the library.
    Take part in the make up to £10 a day challenge and aim for £124 – have had a few payouts but annoyingly locked myself out of my online banking so I will update my progress when I can get back into it to check the updated total.

Today I am grateful for online shopping (saves me dragging the groceries back in the rain whilst pushing the buggy), going back to work tomorrow (have had 3 days of tantrums from the little one) and the little one being an unfussy eater (for the time being!).
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for getting free entry in to a nature reserve, for the reeds and rushes and plants sheltering us from a keen wind, for plenty of walking, for playing badminton with dd, for the range of gf/df foods available in the nearby tosco, for getting shred level 1 started again (had a break after a nasty tummy bug), for family time, for staying dry and warm.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It was lovely to hear about it being international friends day. I have had a lovely weekend with different sets of friends, got lots of chores done, batch cooked my lunches for the week ahead, had some wine, all has been good.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family