• tumbleweed261
    Options
    Good work Browntoa and Medman!
    2007 Bronze Olympic Challenge: Total £1057.34 :j
    DFW Nerd 269: Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts
  • oakdale_minx
    oakdale_minx Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    Options
    Oo-er!!!! A revolting peasant on my diary!!

Well done for fending him off guys!!

My luvverly chocolate suede, haggled, FREE headboard from MFI has arrived today!! The rest arrives on the 23rd February. They can't go back on the deal now!!

The HM bread was lovely. Not much left, so there is another loaf mixing now!

Freezer is starting to lookdepleted and Tueday is definitely looking like the first shopping day of 2007. I'm quite impressed with myself though that Iwill have not spent anything in the supermarket (other than £1.95) for 16 days!
  • medman
    medman Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    Just doing my job Ma'am! :angry: :A

Keep up the good work, sounds like you're still on track. Could be debt free and in your thirties at this rate.

Cheeers
    MM
  • oakdale_minx
    Options
    medman wrote:
    Could be debt free and in your thirties at this rate.

MM

That would be fantastic, who knows what might happen!

Very tired today. Got up at 10!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Did an online shop at Tesco last night to have delivered on Tuesday. It came to £70, but the cupboards will be well and truly bare by then and I've bought enough to fill the cupboards for 2 weeks. might go back into the order and trim it down a bit, there's bound to be a couple of naughties i've sneaked on without really thinking about it!

Didn't get around to putting anything on ebay, the batteries in my digital camera had gone and I didn't have any more. I'll get some and wait for the next 10p listing day.

Logging on to AQA in minute. I'd like to be at £300 by the end of tomorrow.
  • oakdale_minx
    Options
    Phoned up T-mobile and they have changed my existing number from contract to PAYG. After paying the final bill next month which will be about £28 (£18 bill and £10 first lot of credit onto PAYG), I will save around £18 - £20 a month as the first £10 credit will easily last me 6 months.

Another tiny step forward!
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Take a look at this "special deal" to get some free minutes. Not superb, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • oakdale_minx
    Options
    Cheers for that ZTD, I'll try and remember it when I've used the first £10 of credit. :)

Blimey - "Every time you top up between £20 and £300 in a 30-day period you can now get 20% back as extra credit". £300???????!!!!!!!!!! In a month???!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

shaved £10 off my shopping bill, knew a few bits had probably mysteriously dropped into my basket ;)
  • oakdale_minx
    Options
    Hit the £300 mark with AQA. Pleased with that. Will keep going though and i'm hoping to earn £500 by the end of the month.

Had to top up on veggies yesterday, but still only spent £7 as bought a few reduced bits. Don't think £9 so far this month is a bad supermarket spend!!

Had a strange/ironic chat with my ex today. Went to pick up the dog (we have this odd custody/share the dog walking arrangement, which works fine!) and he told me his bank had hammered him for charges and had done for the last three or four months....

'Well' I said..........and five minutes later his jaw was on the floor in disbelief at finding out he can claim back the charges and he is going to spend the afternoon going through statements for the last few years............

Bizarre how I can get on with my ex now better than we probably did for the last three years or so we were together. Shows that splitting was probably the best thing in a weird way for both of us.
  • oakdale_minx
    Options
    I'm going to have a bit of a whinge. Sorry.

I feel a bit like I'm slogging through mud. Just generally in life and I feel it is all money related. I'm stuck in my job because I can't afford to take any type of pay cut (other than a small one). I'd love to go part time and then spend the rest of the day/evening/weekends on AQA. But until I'm very close to being debt free, I can't take the risk - if something happened with AQA, I'd be well and truly up the creek without a paddle.

I know everybody has to work to pay the mortgage and the bills, but it feels a bit relentless these days.

I know I've done loads since June and I'm totally in control of my finances now. I have no worries about my finances day to day, which is a great feeling. Over the years (particularly about 10 years ago) I had the sleepless nights, getting to the post first, ignoring the phone etc etc.......i'd never want to go back to that.

I have to try to focus on the next goal which is 22 February and my triple court date for my bank charges. Hopefully the Abbey will pay up on both claims just beforehand, and it will probably just be citicards who turn up as they are being very obstinate!

That will mean all my unsecured debt will be cleared and will free up more on my outgoings. Once I've cleared all the unsecured debt I'm going to do a new SOA, which should read amazingly differently to last June when I first bared my soul and started my diary.

I've worked since the day I graduated 15 years ago and just feel I'm ready for a break. They have 'career breaks' where I work, where you can have a year off and your job is kept open (usually when people want to travel), but obviously there is no salary !!

I also recently found out that someone I know is fiddling the tax man - big time - and it has riled me. They haven't paid any tax for about 4 years and are very knowledgable about how to get payment without it being traced. When I told them about AQA, they said to me 'oh, don't bother declaring it'......gggrrr......

Once my unsecured debt is gone, and extra money is freed up on my full time salary, my AQA money will go into a savings account. I'm going to look at bringing the DFD close I think by having the loan re-structured again. I'll start looking at the figures, but another £100 a month will bring it down to 4 years.

Sorry........sigh.........I just feel a bit stuck in the mud.

I treated myself to £1.65 worth of cooked breakfast at work though this morning and feel a bit better for it!
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Chin up hun! You're working full time, plus loads more on AQA, neither wonder you want a break from it all.

When your bank charges come through why don't you cut yourself some slack and book a week in the sun - you know how to do it cheaply. You can't carry on at this pace.

If you really want a career break why don't you start planning for it now - 4 yrs to pay off debts, 1 or 2 yrs to save to save - yes, I know 6 yrs is a long time. I said those words to someone when I was thinking about doing an OU degree. His reply was 'yes, but at least you will have something to show for it at the end'. And he was right..... except it didn't seem like a long time really......

As for the person not declaring tax - hmmmm, I always think they'll get their comeuppance in the end, and at least you can sleep easy.

Anyway, shouldn't you be working....... oops, me too.......;) TC x
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure