PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    lucky? why did you need your heating on?

cos it was cold :D

right now Im sat here and fingers and toes are like ice and its a whopping 14 degrees in here

Thank heavens for thermals and socks and lap blankets
  • sharloid
    sharloid Posts: 421 Forumite
    Options
    I think the thermostat is set to come on when it reaches about 8 degrees so it certainly won't be on for any time soon!!
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mine has hardly been off all year. I work from home and it's a very sedentary job and I also have a heart condition which doesn't appreciate cold. It is mainly on for an hour in the morning and a couple of hours at night, but there have been days in the last couple of weeks when I have had to turn it on during the day. I don't have this problem at the weekends as I am on the move, but when sitting my feet hurt through cold which makes it harder to concentrate. Better to live in fuel poverty than not at all!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »

right now Im sat here and fingers and toes are like ice and its a whopping 14 degrees in here

im sitting with just shorts on
    highest temp here was 14 degrees
  • tiny_courageous
    Options
    I put it on if I need to dry the washing but apart from that I'm hoping to last out til October. Got a couple of spare duvets to go on the bed if necessary and plenty of jumpers and warm socks!
  • Nimeth
    Nimeth Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »

I think we let it get down to about 8 degrees in the middle of day before popping the heating on and even then it will be on for about 3 hours a day. Yes, we're scrooges about our heating bill.:D If I feel cold, my first port of call is a jumper and thicker socks. If that's not enough, I get my thin fleece blanket out. After that comes another layer of clothes, then another layer and last port of call is the thick single duvet and a hot water bottle. I think my OH would burst a blood vessel if I put the heating on this early.:rotfl:
    Dec GC; £208.79/£220
    Save a life - Give Blood
  • guccigoo
    guccigoo Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    has been a bit warmer today and forecast for next few days in kent its going to hot up :j I didnt feel cold today and had the back door open but eldest dd was complaining she felt cold so told her to go put something warmer on. My heating is not going on in Aug or beginning of sept, it will stay off till at least oct :D
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's definitely getting colder. In the winter when I make bread I mix the dough in the evening then leave it to rise in the kitchen. When the weather gets warmer I can't do it like that because it rises out of the bowl and over the work surface. I made bread today and it took ages for the first rising, so I think it will be back to the overnight risings from now on.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nimeth wrote: »
    I think we let it get down to about 8 degrees in the middle of day before popping the heating on and even then it will be on for about 3 hours a day. Yes, we're scrooges about our heating bill.:D If I feel cold, my first port of call is a jumper and thicker socks. If that's not enough, I get my thin fleece blanket out. After that comes another layer of clothes, then another layer and last port of call is the thick single duvet and a hot water bottle. I think my OH would burst a blood vessel if I put the heating on this early.:rotfl:

Forgot to say that it was that "warm" because the heating had been on for around two hours (30 mins morning,lunch etc to stop it getting too chilly) and when you have a 70+ and 80+ at home all day - leaving it to drop to 8 would result in deaths Im sure

With the heating being on for a total of 3.5 hours today its now a toasty 16 degrees - the olds wont croak just yet
  • tinktinktinkerbell
    Options
    ours is off and will remain off all winter

have you seen the price gas is going up! i would prefer to eat than have heating on in all honesty
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback