NST December: Debt Destruction December

Options

Comments

• sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all turtles :j

Checking in: 5/31

NSD: still only 1/15 Shopping spendy day today,, hopefully get some NSDs in before we go away.

Debt destruction: Have no debt now but not so long ago were 93K in debt so I know that I need to make sure I don't go down that slippery slope again...but we are on a fairly fixed income so need to rein the unnecessary spends which have been creeping up..

Exterminate Nothing bought for myself

Clear up, clean up and take control Not much done here at all as out all morning volunteering at CS, then DD wanted to go shopping this afternoon. However, put all shopping away more or less & will have a go at it tomorrow as have to get up early..

Clean up your way of talking to yourself – clean away the negative talk and be kind and positive to yourself. Will try to do this, and try to take a compliment when it's offered, not something I'm good at!
    Let yourself sparkle. Worse sparkly jumper to work today, smiled at everyone even other person I can't stand..Take control of your finances, your time, your habits, and your health. Indeed

Explore your local area – Will attempt to explore local area when we go to Ireland, there are lots of opportunities, it's such a beautiful place.

Mental health Good today, no gardening but still fine.

Write down 4 gratitudes each day. Grateful for: Work friend was so happy to get a little gift & card, happy to have ys takeaway food so it wasn't so stressful, happy to come on here & report in, now warm bed & book..

Budget Need to do this but not got my head around finances yet, watch this space. better write some stuff down otherwise will forget..

Evaluate the year you have had: . Need to plan 5 things that will happen next year. Still a WIP
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SFD number 2 yesterday :) Walked the dogs after work and tackled one of this week’s frogs.

In London training today so just on the train for my 2.5 hour commute :( but I will get free food all day :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • worklifebalance
    Options
    Foxholes where can you get dairy free Ben and Jerry's from?? Thanks
    SPC #459 no 8 2015 £203 2016 £157 2017 £70
    starting mortgage £120,000 June 2012
    OP 2015 £5000, 2016 #57 £28866/ £25000
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We looked in a big Tesc0 for the df BandJ. Think they do 2 sorts. But one of then had gluten in (WHY????) and dd didn't like the other one. Sigh...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hey, we're in Martin's weekly email! Go Turtles!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

So yday turned into a spend day as will today as my cupboards are bare! Hopefully tomorrow fri & Sun will be NSDs.

Will update budgets tonight once Ive been to Aldi.

Xx
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Super busy day for me today but just now I am relaxing with a coffee (I work from home). Kids have got an early finish from school today so my day is shorter than usual but I can do a bit more work when we get home.

We are milk rationing today to try and make it last rather than go buy another. Grocery shopping tonight so will be spending money but no other spending planned.

Lunch today is LO cottage pie and tea is jacket potatoes with chilli I made for tea last night (made extra) for me and DH and something else for the kids as they won't eat potatoes.

I am going to have to use the tumble drier today, did a big wash last night, I will fill the heated airer with things which don't go in the drier though.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • BadBookkeeper
    Options
    Day 6 - #19 Checking in.....
    Debt plan - yesterday was NSD 3/15.
    Exterminate - Had a little scroll through FB last night got bored after 10 mins so no reason to look again until end of challenge
    Clear up - Sorting out my jewellery box next hoping to do that later and declutter 2 items as didn't do any yesterday.
    Explore - Went to a lovely church yesterday hadn't been for years - very calming and beautiful even though I am not at all religious
    Mental Health - Rough nights sleep my DH caught someone trying to break into a van parked across the road from us around 4am so called the police. They stole loose change. We were both wide awake then! Aiming for a Christmas dvd and early night tonight. Feel tired today and have a sore thoat so not so much mental health but general health beginning to suffer.
    Budget - Ok here but I am going shopping later for a few Christmas bits and know what I want and how much I'm willing to pay. My DH has upgraded his phone and I have his old one. Otwo have sent me a new sim card and my contract is reduced by £1.15 a month.
    Evaluate - Starting a junior isa for our DS will start to teach him how not to manage money!! He is 6 on 19th December, is this a good age to introduce pocket money and savings? I have bought him a money box for his birthday and so far I have been putting 10ps in it to start it off.
    Remember - Made a cash donation to Blind Veterans UK yesterday, in memory of my late Grandad.
    Lightbulb moment - 17/08/2017 £17,033.  Current CC debt £1400 DFD 31/7/24 5 months to go…. 16 weeks 

• Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey, we're in Martin's weekly email! Go Turtles!

Yay! I was just about to say that! Well done Apple :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 December 2017 at 7:40PM
    Options
    Day 6
    Was a spend day. Took somethings I brought from a shop and got a refund. Used that money to buy a new shredder, was in luck as it was half price and better security shredder.
    Entered a competition to try and win a M&S Christmas hamper.
    Tried to complete some surveys, most was screened out but one I completed.
    Grateful for -
    Able to get a refund.
    Able to get shredder half price.
    Met brother in law in London as he had to go there for work, lives in Norwich and had lunch. He kindly paid for the lunch.
    Took a nice stroll in London and took my time.
    Managed to declutter some more things today.
    Did go out today to do sort things out as it is meant to be raining tomorrow. So can at least I can have a sleep in tomorrow.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport