PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    Dee - what can I say but sorry to hear about your news. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts.
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    (((Dee))) hugs and positive vibes from me too.

B x
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Dee5565 - sorry to hear about your bad news. I hope the tests go smoothly and they can find the best medication for you.

Finally cracked and texted MrN. Just came home to find the stuff I had left at his house (just plates etc) dumped in my porch. He's out on a jolly with his lovely wife.

Very MSE though - said thank you for the crockery and reminded him that he owes me £125...

Really quite upset now.

Will do 5 pleasures later.
  • Ladyhawk
    Options
    Oh Frith... at least you know once and and for all. Just make sure that he doesn't get away with not paying you back the money he owes you. Then put him out of your mind forever.
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

Frith and Dee - the hugest of hugs to you both. smiley-hug008.gif

mhagster - that scone sounds delish! I haven't made savoury scones in ages but I might have to have a go at recreating the one you had - thanks very much the inspiration. :T

Kittikins - I'm glad you've got something to help with your leg, although it's a real shame you can't drink while you're taking them. ;)

1) A nice lie-in this morning.

2) Found the top I need for a fancy dress party I'm going to next weekend for £3.99 in a charity shop. :money: Now I just need to find the trousers to go with it... :think:

3) Got a new saute pan which was reduced to less than £20 in a sale - mine's in a sorry state and I've been looking for a suitably-priced replacement for months. :)

4) Made my first attempt at making spelt bread, something I love but can't justify buying very often. (The last time I bought it it was £3.50 for a single loaf. :eek:). Unfortunately, my HM one is shaping up to be a new entry on the OS disasters thread, but at least I've got enough flour left to give it another go! :o

5) My first HG peas are appearing on the plant. :j I've never been successful at growing peas before, and this was a free plant so it's very :money:.

Have a pleasant evening, all.
  • nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all

Hugs to those who need them.

Mine for today:

1. kids got into bed this morning so i got an extra half hour in bed and lots of hugs. (DS2 had another dry night without me having to lift him out when i went to bed)

2. Took dog for a walk and stumbled across a newly built playground round the corner from the house so kids played there for a bit.

3. My friend treated us to soft play as its her little ones first birthday (took snacks and drinks so didnt cost anything). It was so nice to have a good old gossip whilst kids tired themselves out.

4. Home made fajitas for tea and all the kids ate them as well as the salad. Mine were quite spicy and very very nice! :D

5. Will be having a small glass of wine now kids in bed and just relaxing. :D
  • Ladyhawk
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I have had a decidedly relaxing, but productve day today... despite being woken at 5am by my little darling throwing up on the carpet. Why do furballs always emerge at 5am?

1) Am getting through a shamefully large pile of washing up - it will all be done by the time I go to bed tonight

2) Washing dried fairly quickly in the wind and sun. I managed to get it off the line and indoors just as the rain started.

3) NSD & NPD

4) Sorted out some paper work that I have been meaning to go through for a couple of months

5) Made a batch of scones for brekkie... yum

6) Dinner was yummy roast beef from the freezer, rice from the fridge and veggies from the garden... so all in all very easy

7) I picked a courgette for supper which weighed over 1kg!!!!

8) Watching 2 of my favourite shows on TV - Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother

9) Picked some sweetpeas from the garden

Have a great evening and enjoy your Sunday

L
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Evening

Dee - Hugs to you and keeping you in my prayers
    Frith - Hugs to you

Pleasures for today;
    1. Not MSE day but a lovely girly day with DD. She had her hair cut, I had my eyebrows threaded and we went clothes shopping. As have been very good with money lately knew we could do this and still meet this months saving targets.
    2. Also had lunch out but used luncheon vouchers saved from surveys so effectively a free lunch
    3. Waitrose had the cooked chickens reduced to £1.99 so that will do a few meals
    4. Bumping into my friend in the hairdressers and having a chat
    5. Made OH a tasty but easy pasta bolognaise for dinner

Hugs to all who need them
  • Rainy-Days
    Rainy-Days Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Options
    Dee, the best thing you can do is to think positive. Positive thinking - it sounds like a load of old tosh but through some of my worst problems I kept thinking that I would get through this. I also recall a consultant who said that the power of mind over matter was something not to be under estimated.

You don't need to walk into a church to pray, you can do it anywhere and as long as you are sincere and ask and pray for help every day you will receive it. Ask and it shall be given, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you. Miracles do happen; I know sometimes we feel that they don't but if you are sincere, and I believe that you truly are, then keep praying and keep asking for help and also ask for help for your OH to give him the strength to get through this. Set aside a quite time each day and ask for protection, strength and healing concentrating on your situation and health problem as you do it - see what happens but don't give up at the first hurdle!
    Cat, Dogs and the Horses are our fag and beer money :D :beer:
  • goobergirl
    goobergirl Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today my OS pleasures were speaking to some people I hadn't seen in ages, at a funeral unfrotunately....

In the afternoon MIL gave me a HG courgette and a dozen free range eggs from her hens.

I made a big pan of soup which the kids devoured and that gave me a lot of pleasure.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure