Lifestyle Claims

Options

Comments

• magpiecottage
    Options
    sjp87 wrote: »
    ive phoned my credit card company and they couldnt/ wouldnt tell me if this was legal or not, i would say not as i didnt agree to pay £359.98

Tell the credit card company it is an unauthorised debit and you want it refunded immediately in accordance with FSA rule BCOBS 5.1.11R
  • sjp87
    Options
    I had thi email this morning from lifestyle claims,
    Dear Mr. P
    !
    Thank you for the email and I can confirm that your account has been cancelled and a refund of £359.98 was actioned on 12/12/11.
    !
    If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact our customer services department.
    !
    Kind Regards,!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    R. Griffiths.
    Whether they have paid it from your advice of emailing them and the moj, I don't know, but the moj rang me back yesterday about the devious way they still took the full amount from the credit card.
  • sjp87
    sjp87 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I've now had this email.
    Good afternoon
    !
    Thank you for your recent e-mail. We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with our service and extend our apologies if there has been any miscommunication regarding the fees payable.
    !
    We appreciate your comments and have taken steps to ensure this does not happen in future. We have also refunded the full amount of £359.98 to your credit card account.
    !
    If you have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact our customer services department via telephone or email.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kind Regards,!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mike Jones
    Customer Services Manage
    Thanks magpiecottage your email worked
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    sjp87 wrote: »
    Thanks magpiecottage your email worked

It is bizarre - these are professional in that they are very mercenary but, for all that, quite amateurish in the way they operate, with an ill conceived scattergun approach in their complaints.

By comparison I charged you nothing but worked out where and how to hit them.

Just make sure the money really is repaid.
  • Help_you
    Options
    Word of advice I've been approached by this company also and have nothing but grief they took money from an account they wasn't surpose to said they would refund it and still haven't and trying to contact them is impossible every line or number or department is all too busy to take your call .your bank can claim back ppi for nothing if you ask them don't pay any money to any company that say they can get back thousands of pounds not worth the hassle . Hope this helps
  • Shariq
    Options
    Thanks Help You and all others...

I have been getting these phone calls from Lifestyle claims for the past two weeks. I dont have any PPI on my loans...I know for sure. The man says that I can claim upto £9500 on my credit cards and loans over the last 5-6 years, mainly from bank charges, commissions etc. He said I will have to pay £359 upfront and 30% to their solicitors once the claim is successful. I told him I dont have that much money so he gavem e a discount and took the VAT off. So the total amount I have to now pay is £299.99
    Upon questioning his authenticity he told me they were registered with MOJ and when I said I want to see the forums to read about people's experiences I was told that these posts are made by rival comoanies to make Lifestyle look bad.
    I dont know how true that was but reading so many posts about delays in repaying or not repaying the fees altogether, I am sceptical. The man is going to call back at 4pm and I dont want to part with the last bit of £400 odd left on my credit card.
    I have decided to make the claim personally.
    Can anyone suggest where can I find the form to make a claim and what is the procedure??

Thanks for all the posts. These have greatly helped me to stay away from this Scam. :T
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    Next time they call, ask them for the name of the solictors.

Then e-mail info@claimsregulation.gov.uk and tell them that they are breaking the rules by cold calling to tout business for the solicitors.
  • dannic123
    Options
    We have had an awful experience with this company.
    They took £500 from my credit card before i signed any agreement.They then said this could not be refunded if we cancelled the claim, even though we were well within our 14 day cooling off period. This was on the 14th December. We still have not recieved the refund despite 3 letters and 5 emails being sent. It is disgrace. i have incured bank charges due to my credit card being over drawn. DO NOT USE this company.
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    dannic123 wrote: »
    We have had an awful experience with this company.
    They took £500 from my credit card before i signed any agreement.

If you have not authorised the payment go to your credit card company and tell them it is an unauthorised payment and you want it reversed in accordance with FSA rule BCOBS 5.1.11

Otherwise ask them to rectify it in accordance with section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Otherwise you will need to put a complaint in writing to Lifestyle Claims. Make sure you copy this in to consumer@claimsregulation.gov.uk and make it very clear in the letter that you are doing so.

Also make clear that you want not only your money back but ALL credit card charges you have incurred.
  • Kendrick_Briscoe
    Kendrick_Briscoe Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 25 January 2012 at 4:16PM
    Options
    I must urge everyone who comes into contact with this company to give them a very wide berth, I would go as far as saying this company is a bunch of crooks.

This is my experience with them:

I received a telephone call from them last December about how they could get me £4000 from ppi on a previous mortage. FOOLISHLY I thought it seemed a good idea, after all, who doesn't want 4 grand just before Christmas! My second stupid act was to give these people my credit card details for £299 plus VAT which I was promised I would get back.

A few days later I received their terms and conditions and from what I understood, the service that was sold to me as no win no fee, certainly did not seem that way from reading their T&C's.

I decided to not go ahead with them and sent them an email to cancel. I also checked my credit card and to my horror/amazement/disgust, these people had taken the money the same day as their initial telephone call. I had not signed anything with them nor at the point they had taken the funds had the opportunity to sign anything.

I tried to ring them on numerous occassions and either got an engaged tone or the companies answer phone system. I left them umpteen messages and never once got a call back. The few occassions I did speak to one of their halfwit operators I was always told that their department did not deal with refunds and EVERYTIME they attempted to put me through to someone who could help me I was cut off. On one occassion they managed to put me through to a random stranger in Newcastle (who told me I was not the first who had been transferred to him).

If I was not frustrated by these people it would have been comedic.

I eventually got acknowledgement that they was to process my refund and they sent me out a form to sign. On this form they notified me the refund would be in the form of a cheque and would be within 31 days. Not great considering I would be paying for interest on my card...

31 days came and passed, numerous telephone calls were made, messages left, emails sent and not one reply. I was starting to think I had lost the money.

Then I managed to get through! and not only that to someone who could give me information on where my money was. I was cheerily informed that my refund was in the 'list' and would be processed on the 26th March 2012!!!! WHAT A JOKE. I was livid!!!!

Eventually I found this website and used the template that MagpieCottage had kindly added to this thread. I also added to the template that If my credit card was not refunded within 7 days I would open a county court case against them and request not only my refund but interest incurred and expenses.

This worked a treat as within 2 days I received an email notifying me that my card had been refunded. I checked and indeed it had! SUCCESS!!!!!

My advise is firstly DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY ONE SECOND OF YOUR TIME AND NOT A PENNY OF YOUR MONEY.

Secondly, if you have already done that, use the template from MagpieCottage and inform them you will take them to county court for the refund, expenses and interest incurred.

Thirdly, you can also inform your credit card that it was an unauthorised transaction, this was something I had already started to proceed with.

If anyone would like to see the letter I sent them, so they can adapt it for their own use just send me a private message, I will be happy to assist in anything that stops these people from literally stealing money from people.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure