Lifestyle Claims

Options

Comments

• Neily53
    Neily53 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I am SOOOOOOOO glad I found this forum when I did!!

He told me about a million times they were MOJ recommended or whatever crappy line it was but I eventually put the phone down & then called & cancelled the credit card I had given him to process the payment on!

I cant believe I was so guliable & naive - I never fall for crap cold callers feed me - EVER! I just dont know why I was sucked in by these guys but I cant urge people enough to STAY AWAY FROM LIFESTYLE MONEY!

It seems I wasn't quick enough on to this website / forum. Please don't beat yourself about the head, as you are by no means the only one - I've done the same thing, and now - just this afternoon - I'm told by one of these people that they will be keeping my money because I didn't write to cancel within the 14 days! I sent the forms back (with a covering letter telling them I do not want their services) without completing or signing them and they STILL have the temerity to keep my money!

At first I was unsure of what to do - but I've called Action Fraud - because they took my money as an advance fee (advance fee fraud). They are really helpful and have given me the number of Consumer Direct to check that I am still within my rights - and of course, Lifestyle Claims tell me I am not.

I am absolutely fuming that they feel they have the right to take money from me, do nothing with it and then claim that I am in the wrong! I did leave them with the message that I am taking this further ... :mad:
  • claires_123
    Options
    I have fallen for this scam! Can anybody help me with what I can do!? Last night I gave my credit card details to Lifestyle Money - I didn't even realise I was doing it - what an idiot! He started giving me them and I finished off - then he asked how long my card was for etc to get the valid from & expiry dates. They have tried to take the money twice but it hasn't left my credit card account as yet they said the company can stop it if they wanted but my bank can't do anything about it. Is there anything I can do I was totally 100% conned! They even said the words you don't pay for this fee Natwest do - yeah - my natwest credit card does!!! Any help for me please??? or have I just lost about £700??? :mad:
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Contact NatWest immediately and tell them that you have inadvertently given your details to this firm and believe they will attempt a fraudulent debit to your account.

Also report the matter to both [EMAIL="consumer@claimsregulation.gov.uk"]consumer@claimsregulation.gov.uk[/EMAIL] and [EMAIL="trading.standards@swansea.gov.uk"]trading.standards@swansea.gov.uk[/EMAIL]

Actually it is probably worth everybody who has had problems with them reporting it to Trading Standards. They are on the ground and more likely to act on it.
  • claires_123
    Options
    I contacted Natwest who won't do anything until the money shows as taken out on my statement. They said it isn't fraud as I gave my details :-( soooooo stressed!
  • shellnpaul
    shellnpaul Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    I too have had dealings with this company, they talked me into giving them my cc details from which they took £719, I rang the next day to cancel as I did not want to continue with the claim and they talked me round again but said they would do it for half the money so refunded me £359 within two days. The paperwork arrived and I filled it in but then decided to do it myself so again rang to cancel as I was in the 14 days cooling off period, they told me to return paperwork but cross through all my details, which I did by recorded, I then sent them an email the next day as I had tracked it n they had received it, they then sent email confirming this and told me my card would be refunded within 1-30, I rang every work and sent emails as there was no sign of refund after 3 weeks, I then rang and was told I was in a queue on their systems and would be dealt with in order, at 30 days n no sign of refund I emailed them again and told them I was going to take legal action to recover refund, charges and legal fees, they replied same day to say it had been processed and was going through the banks systems, 3 days later money was back on my card finally, I warn people please stay away from this company they are a nightmare!
  • magpiecottage
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I contacted Natwest who won't do anything until the money shows as taken out on my statement. They said it isn't fraud as I gave my details :-( soooooo stressed!

Giving your details to somebody is not fraud. Them using those details to make an unauthorised withdrawal is.

Lifestyle Claims are not permitted to make a withdrawal from your account unless and until you have first had an opportunity to read their terms and conditions.

I suggest you send the following e-mail to cancellations@lifestyleclaims.net and copy it to consumer@claimsregulation.gov.uk (and Swansea Trading Standards).

Dear Sirs

Cancellation of agreement.

Further to your unsolicited telephone call of [date], as you are, or should be, aware, your regulator, the Ministry of Justice has made clear that you are not entitled to take any money from me prior to me having an opportunity to read your terms and conditions.

I have not had an opportunity to do so because I have not yet read them. However, I have learned that numerous complaints have been made to you and your regulator that you have taken money from consumers' accounts before they have had an opportunity to consider your terms and conditions.

It has also been pointed out to me that, in order to pursue a complaint you have no requirement for any details other than the account number and the only reason you can possibly need the security code and expiry date for my card at this stage is if you intend to withdraw funds from my account before I have had an opportunity to give my informed consent.

It therefore seems that you are committing fraud by false representation, in breach of Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006.

It has also been pointed out to me that, since you have no written consent to act for me you cannot possibly carry out any assessment of my case because you cannot lawfully hold any relevant data.

Consequently I do not consider you to be a fit and proper person to represent my and I do not wish to do business with you.

For the avoidance of doubt, YOU DO NOT AND NEVER HAVE HAD PERMISSION TO TAKE ANY MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT and any attempt to do so will be treated as fraud.

I am copying both your regulator and your local Trading Standards Office into this e-mail.

[Name]
    [Address]
    [Phone number]
  • wendyjo1
    wendyjo1 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I too lost 2 payments of £299.99 last week when I was taken in by these monkeys. After reading this forum I told them i didn't want to go ahead but they said it would take 30 days to refund my money anyway so i may as well fill out the forms an return them. I told them I'd never had PPI but they said I still had a claim anyway?????
    Reading the forms I decided I certainly did not so emailed them asking for an immediate refund. I got no reply so yesterday sent a letter by recorded delivery asking the same and stating my reasons.
    This morning I've received a refund form to sign and date and return to them by recorded delivery. Great I thought until it said the refund amount was £0. Are these people really insulting my intelligence? (not that I think I have much of that after falling for their scam in the first place) So what do I do now? Shall I alter the £0 to £599.98 and send with a covering letter or request a new form? I know all this stalling for time is keeping my money in their account longer. How stupid was I? It's infuriating
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Contact these and complain
    http://www.justice.gov.uk/contacts/cmr
    Write back to the company and ask them to send you the refund form with the correct amount as the one you have that is £0 is being sent to the claims regulator with a complaint.
  • magpiecottage
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I recommend you send the e-mail I have posted earlier in this thread.

Make sure to copy it to your MP, consumer@claimsregulation.gov.uk and trading.standards@swansea.gov.uk
  • taly_70uk
    taly_70uk Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would just like to say thanks to everyone posting on here.

Lifestyle have just rang me and told me i was possibly looking at £8-10k back. He never mentioned an upfront cost but did say 25% commission. Unless i didnt let him get to that part. He got a bit shirty when i said 25% was a bit high and queried if they would go lower than this. I quickly googled, found this thread and terminated my call.

I knew it was too good to be true.

Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family