Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• secretmachines
    Options
    pma13 wrote: »
    I'm an existing Sky customer, with a package discount applied and looking to upgrade to SkyQ: 2TB box + 2 SkyQ mini boxes.

Has anyone successfully haggled down the one off cost of these?

Via online chat (won't budge) or upgrading myself, the costs are:
    2TB box: £65
    Mini box 1: £50
    Mini box 2: £99

Be great if I could reduce that a bit.[/QUOTE

I've been offered both boxes ie main and mini £65

interesting :)

- was that mid-contract, or out of contract?
    - did you get that offer on the phone, online chat, mysky, etc.?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pma13 wrote: »

interesting :)

- was that mid-contract, or out of contract?
    - did you get that offer on the phone, online chat, mysky, etc.?

My s-i-l recently upgraded to Q via phone - he was in the middle of a 50% off period for the whole package on HD+ Box.
    They kept his discounts and only charged him £50 for Q Box plus one mini installed. Seems as if they make it up as they go!!:rotfl:
  • secretmachines
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »

My s-i-l recently upgraded to Q via phone - he was in the middle of a 50% off period for the whole package on HD+ Box.
    They kept his discounts and only charged him £50 for Q Box plus one mini installed. Seems as if they make it up as they go!!:rotfl:

Sounds good! I think calling is the way to go... Those customer service staff usually have more flexibility. I think they also have a small quota of offers they can give each month, once they're gone they're gone, which is why people experience different offers. Will call them and see how we get on!
  • stocksy6
    Options
    I've practically given up with the haggling now.

The best they would still offer is £37 for unlimited broadband and downgrading the tv package. So a 20% price increase for a downgraded package. Sky haven't got a clue have they!
  • Threepints
    Options
    So, now with 14 days to go to contract end and after the offer on my account page originally giving me 30% off my current £38 pm (the old family bundle with box sets I think), it's now changed to offering the Entertainment package for £15 (normally £20) and Box Sets for £3.50 (normally £5) for 12 months.

From reading many of the previous posts this seems a very poor offer. Is this likely to improve over the next 14 days or is this as good as it gets with Sky nowadays?
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How can I get kids bundle cheaper than £5 pm? I am with Sky at the moment.
  • Singh23
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    I received an email last night (service ended last week) which may help someone. I am not looking to go back as I had 75% off and a £100 account credit last year which will be hard to beat this year as it was £14.40 for Box Sets package, HD plus Cinema (before taking off the account credit :)).

Subject: Come back to Sky from just £11 a month

Come Back Today

From £11 a month
    12-month minimum term

Come back to Sky TV with new Sky Entertainment from just £11 a month for 12 months with this exclusive offer and save £9 a month. Catch new drama Save Me starring Lennie James as an unlikely hero on a tireless quest to find his missing daughter. Plus, enjoy comedy, documentaries, music and so much more.

-A massive 300 channels
    -Sky Atlantic, Sky One and FOX
    -Incredible Catch Up TV
    -Sky Go so you can watch on the move

Personalise your package
    You now have the flexibility to only add the stuff you love.

Box Sets
    £2.50 extra a month (was £5)
    Over 350 unmissable box sets

Kids
    11 dedicated kids' channels

HD
    5x the picture quality of SD

Sports
    £14 extra a month (was £27.50)
    7 dedicated channels

Cinema
    £9 extra a month (was £18)
    Over 1000 movies on demand

Don't miss out. Offer ends 1 March.

The Sky Team

The link is: https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky?DCMP=emc-Sky.com-ec-Winback50-WK32-35

Or call 0844 540 1044

Thank you for this! I went on live chat and got offered no discount. Went back on live chat with your information and was allowed to sign up for these prices.

Nabbed Entertainment + HD for £13.50pm (12 months). I've been lapsed for just over 12 months and am using a Sky+HD box. It's a perk that all asian channels are now included!
  • Noctu
    Noctu Posts: 1,553 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 February 2018 at 12:12PM
    Options
    I don't know what's going on with the Sky Messaging/Live Chat service now but I've had a really poor experience this morning.

Out of contract for:
    Sky Q box sets, plus Sky mini box
    Fibre (40mb)
    Line rental with no call package

Current price £90.49.

I think I must have got a new starter as she offered me the following, for 18 months (with entertainment combo plus HD):
    £45/month
    Then said that was wrong and it was
    £50/month
    £62/month
    £51.99/month
    £63/month

... and now she will not budge from £63/month.

I've expressed my dissatisfaction - I've been on the blinking chat thing for over 2 hours. She's just offered me £30 for the inconvenience... I think I will tell her where to stuff it :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Noctu wrote: »
    She's just offered me £30 for the inconvenience... I think I will tell her where to stuff it :)

Ask her if it's £30 a month for the inconvenience :)
  • astreix
    astreix Posts: 237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used to have sky enterntainment + hd + kids for a relatively cheap price till Dec 2017 but then they wanted to charge a lot more and I cancelled. It is now 2 months since cancellation and the best I can get is £16 for entertainment / hd / kids on existing hd+ box. Not much offers coming out recently.

Can't get them to sweeten the offer by adding account credit or upgrading to sky q box

Anyone managed to recently get a better price?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback