Ground Source Heat Pumps

Options

Comments

• JHen
    JHen Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    lovesgshp wrote: »
    The simulator, is basically where you can put values in, e.g menu 1.1 and then read off changes in the heat curves etc. I used mine to input figures from the readings that you had given to advise changes. Just let me know if you need help on using it, as it is quite helpful at times.
    Another point regarding energy consumption. Have you made any timer settings for DHW or heating?
    Hi, I have made no timer settings for either DWH or heating. I know the heating is on at night - which means the last few nights have been quite warm.
  • lovesgshp
    lovesgshp Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JHen wrote: »
    Hi, I have made no timer settings for either DWH or heating. I know the heating is on at night - which means the last few nights have been quite warm.
    On the timer for DHW set it off between say 10.pm and 06.00. This will stop it trying to keep the hot water constant overnight when you are not using it.
    You could set back the heating by 2C overnight as well. (this is just a flow temperature reduction, not room temp).
    How is the energy consumption going?
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
  • acerboo
    Options
    hi thanks for quick reply its ufh i think the plumber said its has a buffer tank. he flushed the system with a proper flushing tool from 11-30am to 5pm
  • acerboo
    Options
    hi its has ufh and i think the plumber said it has a buffer tank he flushed it from 11-30 am to 5 pm using a proper flushing machine
  • lovesgshp
    Options
    acerboo wrote: »
    hi its has ufh and i think the plumber said it has a buffer tank he flushed it from 11-30 am to 5 pm using a proper flushing machine

Hi.
    I am not a plumber, but when he flushed the UFH, did he open all the manifold valves fully and then then close each circuit and flush them one by one? Also was the buffer tank flushed out and refilled?
    As it is a sealed circuit as such, it looks like a build up of sludge that is feeding back into the filter in the pump.
    Was there a lot of debris coming out with the first system flush that you had?
    Also did you make sure the 3 way valve was in the heating cycle position and not in the DHW mode?
  • acerboo
    Options
    hi thanks again. there was not a lot of debris from either flush but since the second one the filter is blocking even quicker it looks like lumps or flakes of grey muck and small lumps of putty or sealant.
  • lovesgshp
    Options
    acerboo wrote: »
    hi thanks again. there was not a lot of debris from either flush but since the second one the filter is blocking even quicker it looks like lumps or flakes of grey muck and small lumps of putty or sealant.
    It looks like the flush with the cleaner in it did not fully work, but has just created a lot more debris. I think you will need to check the filter more often and hopefully it will clear in a few days. Send me GT1-GT11 readings in Heating mode only and after 20 mins in that operation.
    There may be a plumber who reads this site who could possibly give you a alternative answer to the sludge.
  • JHen
    JHen Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    lovesgshp wrote: »
    How is the energy consumption going?
    Energy consumption has dropped by around 40%. I was not able to get the simulator to work, but I'm still looking into.
    Are there any other settings you can recommend?

Regarding servicing. Are you saying, apart from the filter, these units do not need servicing?
    I can see there is a fluid tank that states it was last topped up Jan 2016.
  • lovesgshp
    Options
    JHen wrote: »
    Energy consumption has dropped by around 40%. I was not able to get the simulator to work, but I'm still looking into.
    Are there any other settings you can recommend?
    You can try increasing 1.1 to 4.5, as you are still at the low limit for a combined system. Also check the electric cassette for the power setting. 1/3 should be OK.
    You could also play with the room setting influence by increasing it slightly. Where is that sensor placed?

Regarding servicing. Are you saying, apart from the filter, these units do not need servicing?
    Yes, the filters are the main service. Only other things you need to check are the pressures in the ground loop feed which should be about 1 bar and your heating system pressure about 2 bar. You can also check for air in the DHW tank, (remove front cover and open slowly the brass valve at the top of the tank. Only water should come out).
    I can see there is a fluid tank that states it was last topped up Jan 2016.
    That sounds like the expansion tank, the one sitting above the ground loop inlet line. It should be between 1/3 to 2/3 thirds full. HTH.
  • lovesgshp
    Options
    For those having heat pumps from Ice Energy, which is going into administration by the end of this month, then these UK comment sites may be helpful.
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/iceenergy.co.uk
    http://www.greenbuildingforum.co.uk/newforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=14867
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure