Seller Terrible Attutude

Options

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bought Friday with the next working day for the seller being Tuesday? Assuming 2nd class so I would be expecting it Friday or Saturday.

The other item may have arrived because it was posted before the BH weekend, if its actually a BH over there?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hubb wrote: »
    Well I ordered something on Ebay from the Netherlands last Thursday and it came yesterday so yes, it should be here by now. Besides, the issue is with the attitude of the seller who has given me no coms at all.

What's the stated dispatch time in the listing for whatever has not arrived?
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    It really does not matter if it has not passed the due delivery date. The seller could not be bothered to mark it as despatched, it is no wonder the OP is fretting about if it is going to turn up. There is no need to ignore messages or give sarcastic replies to enquiries. Really it is no wonder some sellers are struggling with sellers like this giving as a bad EBay experience

How do you know they couldn't be bothered to mark as despatched? If you bought on Friday, then due to the bank holiday they might not be able to get to post office until Tuesday at earliest. Then three days for second class post means earliest to expect it to arrive is Friday (today).

Yes the sellers message is rude, but I would never message asking about dispatch unless 2 working days has passed, so the earliest I would even message the seller was Wednesday in this case.
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing arrived again today so obviously not been despatched. Other buyers have said the same thing, paid for and no delivery so what am I supposed to think ? Whyso many here defending the seller ? All the seller had to say was if it had been sent but he chose not to.

Again, I ordered other items this week and all have arrived. Some people here I am sure think the War is still on hence slow postage.
  • campdave
    campdave Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    Options
    No one has defended the seller's attitude.

People have queried your contacted the seller before the estimated delivery date and your assumption that all sellers post next or same day.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing arrived again today so obviously not been despatched. Other buyers have said the same thing, paid for and no delivery so what am I supposed to think ? Whyso many here defending the seller ? All the seller had to say was if it had been sent but he chose not to.

Again, I ordered other items this week and all have arrived. Some people here I am sure think the War is still on hence slow postage.

Your original post said they had 100% feedback, you didn't mention anything about other buyers leaving bad feedback?

But still best thing to do is just open an Item Not Received case as soon as you can now.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am finding that some second class items can take up to nine days to arrive and ebays delivery estimates are far too tight.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am finding that some second class items can take up to nine days to arrive and ebays delivery estimates are far too tight.

Same here, I find the occasional 2nd class item goes on a bit of a road trip before it gets anywhere near the buyer.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • barmonkey
    barmonkey Posts: 7,159 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you. So many posts here (as predicted) on the sellers side despite having a stinking attitude and not informing me. AGAIN, I initially contacted the seller to confirm it being sent out as i had no despatch notification. If you think that is unreasonable of me I suspect you condone the seller's conduct.

To be honest, in my experience, its more common for sellers not to mark as dispatch.
    WWSD
    (what would Scooby Doo)
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you. So many posts here (as predicted) on the sellers side despite having a stinking attitude and not informing me. AGAIN, I initially contacted the seller to confirm it being sent out as i had no despatch notification. If you think that is unreasonable of me I suspect you condone the seller's conduct.

And AGAIN what are the seller's despatch parameters for this item?
    Mine are set always to 3 days, that's 3 working days before the actual transit/delivery time starts. Some sellers are not able to go to a Post Office or courier drop-off every single day. You also need to realise that despatch notifications are optional not mandatory.
    It is IMO totally unreasonable to make enquiries to a seller earlier than the day after the due date.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure