Ovo Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Dird
    Dird Posts: 2,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anyone with OVO who trusts me? PM me your ovo id to test something. Can make you £££ potentially
    Mortgage (Nov 15): £79,950 | Cashback sites: £900 | Current accounts: 11
    Mortgage (May 19): £71,754 | £30k in 2016: £30,300 (101%)
  • buzzard
    buzzard Posts: 227 Forumite
    Options
    My first year with Ovo went fine and I decided to go for a 2 year fix. They didnt send me reminders for meter readings but I sent them anyway, they still didnt send a bill. Rang up and asked - they tried to say I hadnt sent readings, then admitted they could see them. Got a bill but they'd deleted some of my readings, so I tried to get them put back. Again denied having had them until I said I'd kept some of the confirmation emails.

Long story short - got fed up of the lies and negotiated to leave. Left. Started receiving requests for meter readings, still taking DD. Complained again, got sent a final bill (too high but I just wanted out) and a refund. Sent an estimated bill for AFTER I left and a threatening letter because I hadnt paid. It was now more than 8 weeks - so you CAN complain to the Ombudsman even if you havent completed their complaints procedure. I did. Sent a different bill, this one has me in credit.

Avro have been OK, not great, so far - but no exit fees so easier to leave if they screw up and considerably cheaper than Ovo.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    buzzard wrote: »
    . . . It was now more than 8 weeks - so you CAN complain to the Ombudsman even if you havent completed their complaints procedure. I did. Sent a different bill, this one has me in credit. . .
    Just to clarify, as you have found out, you can forward a complaint to the Ombudsman after 8 weeks from the time the issue was first raised with the supplier whether or not the complaints procedure has run its course.

Well done for sticking at it. :T
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Polgara72
    Options
    Ovo comes up as one of the best deals for me. However, looking at trustpilot, their recent reviews are awful.

I've also got a smart meter - it seems it's going to be difficult to retain the functionality.

Any ovo customers have any experience to share?

Thanks
  • Consumerist
    Options
    Polgara72 wrote: »
    Ovo comes up as one of the best deals for me. However, looking at trustpilot, their recent reviews are awful. I've also got a smart meter - it seems it's going to be difficult to retain the functionality.Any ovo customers have any experience to share? Thanks
    I have been with Ovo and had no complaints until I wanted to switch to another supplier. In my experience, they behaved like little children when I wanted to leave them; their staff seem to take it as a personal affront.

If you don't mind a long run-around at the end then their customer service was second to none.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Polgara72
    Options
    I have been with Ovo and had no complaints until I wanted to switch to another supplier. In my experience, they behaved like little children when I wanted to leave them; their staff seem to take it as a personal affront.

If you don't mind a long run-around at the end then their customer service was second to none.

Thanks, that's good to know - though obviously not to experience. Do they still hike your direct debits in the winter months?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was with Ovo and had no complaints .
    Just like other companies they set up a DD based upon my estimates yes you use and pay more in the winter months . I sent monthly meter readings and upon leaving them it all worked as it should and i got my refund .

But that is identical to all the other power companies i have been with .
  • Polgara72
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    I was with Ovo and had no complaints .
    Just like other companies they set up a DD based upon my estimates yes you use and pay more in the winter months . I sent monthly meter readings and upon leaving them it all worked as it should and i got my refund .

But that is identical to all the other power companies i have been with .

Thank you. I've got exact data on how much I've used over the past year. The reason I asked is I'm on a tight budget and I've seen that Ovo uplift those payments for new customers instead of averaging it out over the year.
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Polgara72 wrote: »
    Thank you. I've got exact data on how much I've used over the past year. The reason I asked is I'm on a tight budget and I've seen that Ovo uplift those payments for new customers instead of averaging it out over the year.

Ovo like you to pay in advance when paying by Direct Debit https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/why-do-most-of-your-customers-pay-in-advance-by-direct-debit.html
  • Polgara72
    Options
    Terry98 wrote: »

Thank you. That's really helpful.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills