PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2015 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• Casati
    Casati Posts: 364 Forumite
    Options
    Oops I nearly forgot, went to the Post Office via the clothes bank so waved bye bye to

275 & 276 two pairs of jeans, worn to death and suffering from crotch blow-out
    277 pair of knick-knacks with tatty elastic
    2016: No Clutter to Be Seen 805/2016
    2015 Grand total 2301/2015
  • jillbe
    jillbe Posts: 150 Forumite
    edited 15 February 2015 at 3:37PM
    Options
    308-312 t shirts - clothes bank
    313 assorted leaflets, paper - recycling
    314 plastic Pepsi bottle - recycling
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Work has finally begun on my ensuite :j

205. 2 bin bags worth of clothes to recycling
    206. Large bottle of conditioner used up
    207. Pair of jeggings binned got a hole in them
    208. Started a button box to collect all of the loose buttons from clothes
    209. Box of truffles to a friend.
    210. Recycling done
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • bubblegumcola
    Options
    Managed a little bit more this evening

3 disposable razors -binned
    2 empty toothpaste tubes -binned
    2 cardboard boxes - recycle bin
    1 empty ice cream tub-washed and into recycle bin

I think after Xmas I've realised I need to have a proper gutting of my bathrooms. Between me and the kids we got loads of lovely shower/bath sets, I'm sure there's a lot of ancient stuff I could part with lurking in the cupboard and baskets-yuk-tomorrow's project possibly.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 26 January 2015 at 11:54PM
    Options
    happytails wrote: »
    Hi all, please may i join in?

Im currently trying to sell anything decent i get rid of, so far ive earned £19 this year and after a while i will take things to the charity shops.

If you have a look at the 'make £10 a day in January' thread on here you will find lots of ideas of where to sell things - or ask if what you're trying to sell is not listed

Sarah x
    Oh and welcome to the thread.

Busy day today.

Cleared out table with shelf under TV and binned all rubbish
    Sorted collection of tokens/old shopping lists/receipts in kitchen and binned rubbish
    Put away notebook and associated paraphernalia
    Unpacked new printer ready to set up tomorrow
    Sorted heap of papers/magazines/letters etc. Small pile left to read, some filed and/or shredded and rest to recycling
    Went through two shelves of food stock cupboard and put out one ood pack of pizza bases :o and put everything else in date order.
    Amalgamated half used things like vinegar into largest bottles and recycled little ones
    Refilled the anti-bact handwash in bathroom and kitchen
    Found a jar for DH's brown sugar for kitchen shelf
    Sorted lo chicken joint. Some sliced for sandwiches the morrow, rest trimmed and sorted to make soup and stock same. Rubbish binned.
    Froze rolls and bread for rest of week and white for cooking.
    Went through stuff in bathroom cupboard and put ends to front.
    Put two read paperbacks into cs bag
    Put out all recycling paper/plastic/glass

Both our mobiles are playing up so they are going in for repair tomorrow. Spent some time checking all contacts and photos are on the sd cards and also everything saved to lap-top. It took ages as I had to find out how to do some of it first - I'm so not a techie :rotfl:

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday

Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • S-Iam
    S-Iam Posts: 158 Forumite
    edited 27 January 2015 at 1:08AM
    Options
    Hi all,

I'd like to join in too please. Boy! Does the house need it. You'd never believe DH and I both prefer living in a clutter free environment.

My incentive, as well as a more calming environment, is that we are hoping to start our house extension this year, which will mean packing up the whole of the house and moving into rented accommodation for the duration. So I don't want to pay, twice, to move stuff unless we really want it.

My aim is to declutter at least an item a day. Today, fired up on enthusiasm I've got rid of 4 things :) 4 small, non exciting items, but I've made a start and that's all that matters :)
  • allybee101
    Options
    A late spurt of energy here.

93. Cleared out 2 shelves in kitchen cupboard and got rid of a load of herbs and spices and suchlike. One jar of garam masala was over 12 years old :o I know this because I remember buying it at uni :D It was a big jar, but clearly if not all used by now then it needed letting go. Lots of stuff gone but not listing individually.
    94. 3 lots of undies sorted from the clean laundry into the bin - past their best. Need to do a sock audit soon too.

Right, night all
    "Does it spark joy?" - Marie Kondo

"Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." Napoleon Hill
    115K Posts: 2,678 Forumite
    Options
    57. I'm using up some brown skinned bananas with almond milk today to make lovely smoothies.

58. I used a free towelette thing from a restaurant to wipe down my kitchen counters.
    HOUSE MOVE FUND £16,000/ £19,000
    DECLUTTERING 2015 439 ITEMS
    “Don’t let your happiness depend on something you may lose.”
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 27 January 2015 at 11:13AM
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well, I'm in awe:A.

Please can anyone help with an urgent problem I have. It's mice in my food cupboard:eek:. I say 'mice' in the plural, there may just be one with a hearty appetite,but I have discovered lots of nibbled bags/boxes and some shredded paper from a paper bag that was in there. This is very recent damage as I know exactly what food is in there and don't have big stocks of 'old' stuff. Most of what's in there is eaten by the end of each month. It/they have nibbled through a couple of plastic packs of pasta shapes and a new huge plastic bag of porage oats but the holes are not massive so I hope I can salvage most of the contents as the packs were new and unused. Being very strapped for cash and finding even providing food each month from a very tight budget a major problem I can't afford to toss away edible food:o

I have had a good rake out of the cupboard and there are no visible mouse-droppings in there and I have given the shelves a good anti-bac clean. I'm also going out to get a couple of mousetraps today too. I shall have to put all foodstuffs like pasta etc into sealed plastic containers so buying some is another unwanted expense I'll have to take on board today:(

My question is, is it safe to eat food from the packs that the mice have nibbled small holes in but haven't obviously 'got at' yet, or do I need to bite the bullet and get rid of the lot?

Incidentally, in all the years we lived here (in the country) we NEVER had mice in the house. It's only since getting a cat that they have appeared:rotfl:. He catches lots of creatures in the garden/fields(rabbits,birds,mice etc) but never kills or eats them. He drags them fully alive and unmarked through the cat flap and chases them round the house. When they escape from him and scurry behind something like the washing machine where he can't squeeze himself he just loses all interest in them. I saw this happen four times (as well as times when I've chased him off before he's dragged a creature through the flap)and managed to catch 2 baby rabbits, encouraged a bird to fly out of the door and have trapped a mouse in the hallway. I thought that was all for now. There might be others in little nests all over the house as a result of his antics that I don't even know about:eek:

Thanks for reading, I hope you can help. Maybe another thread may be the best place to put this request but I thought I'd try here first.
  • allybee101
    Options
    Squeezed in 95 & 96 this morning before work, a carrier bag of recycling and recycled a pile of leaflets from a talk I did a while ago that can't be re-used.
    "Does it spark joy?" - Marie Kondo

"Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." Napoleon Hill
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure