Slimming World support thread 2

Options

Comments

• MaddyWaddy
    MaddyWaddy Posts: 174 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you for all the encouragement everyone, I really appreciate it. I was going to say I'm mid-cycle so can't blame being a 'laydee' on my gain, but as Mildredd has proven it still could be that. I've only just gone back on the pill after losing twins so anything is possible. I've also had quite a stressful week and not much sleep so that won't have helped.

Happy birthday Maman!

Today's Green menu

B - poached eggs on toast (HEB)

L - Moroccan cous cous salad with roasted veg and grilled halloumi (HEA). This was delicious!!

Snack - Shape crumble yog 0.5syns

D - veg curry and rice.

Mhard week i sthe week after after if that helps x
    SW member: 09/01/2014
    Weight lost to date: 10lb
    Easter Challenge: 0/14lb
  • outoffunds
    outoffunds Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

Well WI day today, surprisingly the scales did not groan quite as much as I thought. So very happy to report -1lb please for wk2

Quite amazed as I was sure it would be a plus this week. Just got to get through dinner out tomorrow night. Plan is a steak and hopefully a jacket potato. Fortunately I am not a big dessert eater so will try and resist.

Love and hugs :grouphug:
    Weight loss since 6/01/2014: 70lb
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I gained this week 😬. No surprise really, only have myself to blame. Have dithered since Christmas and we are now in March! I'm having far too many syns including too many chocolate syns.

Can't seem to get motivated or organised. Im hopeful to meal plan this weekend, dont want another gain next week. Have had two rubbish days and I always want a weekend treat. So inevitably the weekend gets written off 😕
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Pennylane

The plan consists of:
    1. Free & SuperFree foods
    2. Healthy Extras
    3. Syns

Without all 3 parts you aren't following the plan properly. You are supposed to have up to 15 syns a day with a minimum of 5 syns.

It looks as though you don't go to group any more so it might be worth re-reading your books.

Denise
    When I went to group I'd followed the plan religiously. I had my H exs and usually 10 syns per day. I love fruit and veg so that was never a prob either. Progress was always very slow ... Lose a pound, stay the same for weeks, lose half a pound, stay the same, etc.

I think I must just have a sluggish metabolism.
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am soooo far behind you lovely lot. Gosh, so many great losses, and everyone keeps on going!

Manic, manic, manic in my house, no sleep over the weekend, so I turned to sugar :( flipping comfort eating. Honestly, can do with out it. :D

I hope all is not lost for the WI on Sunday.

Hope you all had great birthdays, and enjoyed everything, including the food you don't normally have. :bdaycake:<-Look syn free cake :D

Generally I don't have issues with the plan myself, it's simple enough, more so not having a social life and a heck of a school walk. Though I do get a bottle of wine or beer in to enjoy sometimes. Biggest problem I have is keeping up with all you chatterboxes!

It's easy to fall out the habit though, like I did. SO I am making more of an effort to come here and catch up, it helps keep me focused without a "real in person" group.

Pennylane, you have yourself a wine and cake. Let your body have some calories. One of the BIGGEST mistakes I made, and the whole reason it went wrong for me last time was I stopped having syns to increase the losses when those big losses stopped and it turned into 1/2 lbs every other week. Instead, body went in to storage mode and refused to let go of anything. Enjoy yourself once in a while. I got to focused on the loss, rather than the reason why I was doing what I was doing.

Glad Latana has finally found a pair of britches... that was worrying me ;)

I don't drink alcohol and I don't want to get a taste for cake again. If I had a treat it would be cheese I think. What a boring old fXxt I am :rotfl::rotfl:
  • lemony25
    Options
    Hello :hello:

I attended my first slimming world group tonight and have taken the plunge and registered on here so that I can get guidance from you all. I'm really fussy about some foods -no milk, little cheese except brie/cambazola, no eggs, no proper fish, no sweeteners ( but luckily no sweet tooth) - but I do eat shellfish and salmon - tuna if I really must but it always tastes muddy ( the cat likes it!). Not allergic to a
    nything just fussy

So if there are any other fussy folks out there, please tell me - what do you eat? Can I use my healthy A calories on a smidgen of butter instead - sort of dairy?? I take calcium tablets so get my calcium by default

P.s. happy to swap my wine for gin - well, not happy but sacrifices have to be made

Thanks and good to say Hello

Lemony
  • Sandypan
    Sandypan Posts: 252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening everybody
    B - Bran flakes with pear and banana plus milk HA and HB
    L - Homemade carrot and swede soup Free
    D - Rice and Sainsburys vegetable Jalfrazi (7 and a half syns I think!!!)
    Syns 2 glasses Cava 10 (ouch too much with curry, only realised that now I have written it down!! Will cut syns down tomorrow)
    Snacks FF yogurt and fruit, FF cottage cheese
    DF by Christmas 2014 #78 £18,964.15/£15,000
    DF by Christmas 2015 #07 £16,500/£21,992.92
    DF by Christmas 2016 #42 £4570/£4,500
    CC and loan debt at it's worst April 07 - £54,489 plus
    27/01/14 Officially Debt Free - except mortgage which I'm working on!
    26/02/16 mortgage free
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome to you both sandypan and lemony :T nice to see you joining us on this journey..

I'm not sure butter counts as a hea lemony :D as it wouldn't contain enough calcium to register, might be a bit high in fat too.. Did you explain to you consultant your preferences?

Well I've managed my first day on track.. Had another few syns, so that leaves me with 94 for 6 days.. :T

On my own tomorrow afternoon and evening so that's danger zone :eek: I'll pick up some potatoes and have a green day so that I can make some crisps/wedges to snack on if I'm weakening.. So green days for me tomorrow - plan

B - banana, yogurt, granola (3)
    L - sweet potato hash, poached egg, toast (heb) butter (2)
    T - egg fried rice, chicken (heb), stir fried veg, oil (2)
    S - Hm potato crisps, cheese (hea) and salsa (1) milk (hea) carrot batons, mint yogurt dip
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• lemony25
    Options
    Thanks Shala_Moo for your welcome. Consultant was very busy with four new members tonight and IT problems but will discuss with her when possible. in the short term will syn any butter and try to keep to the rules.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lemony25 wrote: »
    Hello :hello:

I attended my first slimming world group tonight and have taken the plunge and registered on here so that I can get guidance from you all. I'm really fussy about some foods -no milk, little cheese except brie/cambazola, no eggs, no proper fish, no sweeteners ( but luckily no sweet tooth) - but I do eat shellfish and salmon - tuna if I really must but it always tastes muddy ( the cat likes it!). Not allergic to a
    nything just fussy

So if there are any other fussy folks out there, please tell me - what do you eat? Can I use my healthy A calories on a smidgen of butter instead - sort of dairy?? I take calcium tablets so get my calcium by default

P.s. happy to swap my wine for gin - well, not happy but sacrifices have to be made

Thanks and good to say Hello

Lemony

:hello: Welcome!

I can't think of any fussy eaters as such but there are lots of people who don't eat certain foods because they are intolerant or they don't like them.

Sorry but butter would have to be synned if it's a particular favourite. Do you have just no milk at all? Some people seem to like the Soya or Almond milk even if they don't have 'normal'. If you don't have any maybe you could get away with none as you're having your calcium anyway.

If you did the Green plan you can gave brie as a B choice and you're fine with salmon and shellfish (free on EE and Original or a limited amount on Green).

I'd suggest you work on a meal plan before you shop. If you post your plans then we'll happily comment.

HTH.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport