Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• Skint_but_Optimistic
    Options
    WOW well done EE xx
    Trying to shift that debt!
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Well done on the CC and glad the pusscat is getting better!

TC x
    Debt at LBM 27 Sept 2010 £40,640.17:o cleared it in 2017. Debt now £3600 on credit card 0% and £20k on consolidation loan Oh dear will I ever l learn!? B][/FONT
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Saw my friend last night, normally we go out to the pub and spend £20 each but due to the cat costing me a fortune I went to hers.
    I did the main course and she did the veg and the dessert - only cost to me was £1.50 on a large portion of chips to take with me to go with the broccoli and stilton bake I made.

Have done my PAD's for yesterday and today - another £1.17 + £1.18.

Roll on payday!!
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hi EE

Well dine on saving the dosh that would have been downed at the pub. The bake you made sounded yummy!

I actually held off for ages on the smartphone front. I'm not someone that would ever rush out and buy the latest technology just because a new version has been announced. However i did decide I would buy an iPhone when my own poor old Nokia bit the dust. When it finally died the latest iPhone had just come out so I bought the previous version and saved quite a bit on it! I also don't like the idea of being locked into contracts on a phone so just swapped the SIM card (PAYG for £10 per month with lots of phone time, texts and web time). Have had this phone for a couple of years now and will only replace when it dies. However you should have seen the look of pity from the adolescent serving me when I produced the Nokia at the phone shop!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Have been doing my PAD's but not posting, managed £1.19, £1.20, £1.21 and for yesterday I did 22p!!!

I now have 2p in my bank account until pay day (should be Thursday!!)

Having family problems and for once it is not DH:rotfl:

My brother has unfortunately gone back to his criminal ways and was arrested on the morning of a court hearing for him to have access to his kids:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I was going with him so I went alone and told them why he was not attending - the shame of it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:(I could have lied but if he was willing to do the crime he has to be willing to take the consequences)

Another brother was also arrested and all him and other members of the family can do is laugh about the arrest and everything.

When I visited my mum and dad I left early and DH agreed that I was right to be annoyed, no one is taking this seriously and they can't see the implications of their actions:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am so ashamed to be related to them all - I am a good law abiding citizen and so is DH and I am just so embarrassed for them all.

The worst thing is that DH and I and my older brother offered to lend/give him money when he was short for rent and he refused :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Can you tell I am loving all the :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: today?:rotfl:
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I am mad for you too. Very very hard to get other people, especially family, to see how maybe they SHOULD live their lives...

To some extent I just think you have to separate out part of you, and allow that 'part' to get divorced from it all and 'floating above it' as it were. Certainly the court wouldn't think badly of you. They will be pleased someone came to explain. Horrid it affects his route to access though. Hardly makes it easier for anyone, and especially the kids.

Hope today gets better..wouldn't be hard, hey??! ;)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Skint_but_Optimistic
    Options
    so nice of you to try and help, I hope they manage to sort themselves out and start behaving for you x
    Trying to shift that debt!
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Sorry to hear about all the family bother EE and try not let it get to you too much.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Thanks guys.

Sometimes I need somewhere to sound off.

I rung my brother as he had not bothered to contact me and the deadline for him to file a statement was fast approaching, we didn't really discuss his actions. I just wrote the statement for him and agreed to drop a copy to the court.

I can't help thinking he wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for his new girlfriend - she has trust issues and didn't like my brother going to work (on the farm) as the farmer had a teenage daughter. Bearing in mind my brother is 28.
    In the end she slit her wrists and took an overdose and my brother felt he had no option than to quit work. While he worked for the farmer he got wages and the farmer paid the rent on his property but once he quit he had no income and had to pay rent.
    His girlfriend got benefits for her daughter but they were for her to spend on her and her daughter and not for bills etc:mad:
    He did have some work come in and he said it was enough to pay the bills:mad:

Then just before he was arrested a few weeks ago (and the rearrested on the day of the court hearing) he got himself a full time job where another brother works (are you all keeping up?:rotfl: I have 4 brothers and 1 sister). he had done some weekend work and as he is a grafter they took him on.
    I just hope he doesn't go to prison for this.

And to top it all the owner of this house (a local landowner) has now given them notice to leave the house :mad:
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Anyway back to me as it is my diary :rotfl:

I have been paid and my world is a better place :T

Moved the wages around to the correct pots and am ready to PAD again - I have paid £12.90 today which leave my c/c balance at £700.

I hope to pay the majority of my PADs by 10th Oct as statements are printed on 11th. I only have a month to go to get this debt cleared so I need to get a shifty on.

Going to a jumble sale later so hope to get a few bargains - clothes are usually 20p each!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure