Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Options
    I can't wait to move and have a veg patch :) We 1) don't get enough sun here & 2) would have to use the only small patch of grass we have (and that the kids play on) to make one. Our cucumbers did well this year though and I have green tomatoes on my plant now (I put them out too late so I know I probably won't get any red ones now...never mind been a useful learning curve ;) )

If the tomatoes won't turn red of their own accord - I think they should as some of mine are still on the vine and are turning red - you need to pick the green ones and place them in a tray/bowl with some red tomatoes (either your own or shop brought), they give off something which encourages the others to turn red :T
    When we had to tame our tomatoes (they were out of control) we cut back loads of plants and just put the green ones with the red ones and within a few days they were either orange or red.
    Sorry to hear the vet bill was so much :( I can't remember if you said or not but do you not have insurance to cover it? When our pup was in for just one night and on a drip we had to pay nearly £200 (with yukky medicinal food in a tin that he refused point blank to eat, gRRR!). SO expensive isn't it :( ! Good thing is you had a fund though so most of it was covered.

xxx

No, we have never had insurance - in all the years we have owned cats we have never taken insurance. I still think I am quids in by not having insurance - it just seems that when this particular cat goes to the vet he always costs me a fortune!!

This renal food he has is Royal Canin and according to the receipt we have been charged £3.24 per pouch:eek: - this must be what he had when he was in there as he came home with 10 pouches which I assume we have not been charged for (no wonder when they charge so much for when he was there - I assume it was served on a silver platter by the Queen's servants hence the price:rotfl:).
    I have looked online quickly and I can get 12 pouches for £10 so if he has to have this diet long term then I have a cheaper way of getting it.

He has also been eating the other cat's food and tonight I caught him under DH's truck licking his lips - no doubt he has caught something that he shouldn't have :rotfl:
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Still nothing exciting going on, just trying not to spend any money.

Small PAD of £1.10 today.

Tomorrow is the day the credit card payment comes out - will be interesting to see if they take it as I have already paid over the minimum and I know that confuses some credit cards. If the DD does not go by the weekend I will make a manual payment.

Still waiting on my YouGov payout - this is £50 so would make quite a dent in my target.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,495 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Also waiting for a You Gov payment.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    I'm waiting to hit yougov target! Great ideas on the cooking and growing front there EE.

It's great to dream too dfw :)
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • Ellieseleven
    Options
    I've read through your diary and you have had it tough but you cope brilliantly and come through most things! It certainly is a rollercoaster ride but you have a great attitude:T

Ellie xx
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi, I hope that you don't mind me "lurching out of lurkdom" for a minute, but I noticed you mentioned it being possible that anti-freeze had caused puss cat's illness.

A friend of mine lost her young and gorgeous show/gun dog after a sudden and awful illness, he had to be put to sleep. It was pretty likely that he had been poisoned by anti-freeze ( Propylene Glycol), which had almost certainly been put into the countryside to kill vermin or even domestic dogs who were excercised there. For those that are not aware, anti-freeze is a very sweet substance and as such very appealing to animals, the more people that can be aware that we need to be very careful in using it, say on our drives topping up vehicles for the winter and should never leave any reside lying around for children of pets to imbibe. A lot of us signed a petition calling for it to be made mandatory that it have, at the very least, a bitter taste added to it. I think that I am correct in saying that it has been used deliberately to spike human drinks on occasions.

I really hope that puss cat makes a lasting recovery.
    MM
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Glad puss is doing ok, we had to take ours in today after a mishap with a fence :eek:

GF pasta sheets are very nice :p another alternative is cabbage leaves :D
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Hi, I hope that you don't mind me "lurching out of lurkdom" for a minute, but I noticed you mentioned it being possible that anti-freeze had caused puss cat's illness.

A friend of mine lost her young and gorgeous show/gun dog after a sudden and awful illness, he had to be put to sleep. It was pretty likely that he had been poisoned by anti-freeze ( Propylene Glycol), which had almost certainly been put into the countryside to kill vermin or even domestic dogs who were excercised there. For those that are not aware, anti-freeze is a very sweet substance and as such very appealing to animals, the more people that can be aware that we need to be very careful in using it, say on our drives topping up vehicles for the winter and should never leave any reside lying around for children of pets to imbibe. A lot of us signed a petition calling for it to be made mandatory that it have, at the very least, a bitter taste added to it. I think that I am correct in saying that it has been used deliberately to spike human drinks on occasions.

I really hope that puss cat makes a lasting recovery.
    MM

Hi MM

I don't mind you posting on here - the more people know about the dangers of anti-freeze the better. It makes you wonder why they can't make it bitter tasting??
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    mary_hinge wrote: »
    Glad puss is doing ok, we had to take ours in today after a mishap with a fence :eek:

GF pasta sheets are very nice :p another alternative is cabbage leaves :D

Oh dear:eek: - I quickly checked your diary but you haven't mentioned but I am dying to find out what he/she has done with a fence??

I think I actually like the courgette in layers but I will bear in mind that the pasta sheets are ok
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Another small PAD of £1.11 today.

The DD for the credit card has not been taken, I have checked the statement and it says it will be taken on or after 9/9/14 so I will check tomorrow and if not gone I will make a manual payment as my statement is due on Monday and I want the balance as low as possible!!

Still keeping away from the shops, today I was tidying my drawer at work and found a pack of After Eight sweets (like Munchies)!! How did I lose these??? I ate them with a cup of coffee - they were lovely as I have not had chocolate all week!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure