Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2016

Options

Comments

• Ellieseleven
    Ellieseleven Posts: 2,118 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning everyone,

What a lovely morning, I always feel so much better when the Sun is shining:)

I haven't had the urge to buy anything else after buying some new work tops a few weeks ago;)

Ellie x
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Popping in to confess to another £4.73. Top was £8 but had vouchers to cover the rest of it.
  • vintagegal
    vintagegal Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mavvymoo wrote: »
    vintagegal Thank you for updating and letting us know how you are doing.
    I had the same as that happen to me.She was 20 years younger ;) But the lies hurt me more than anything else. But as I recovered and got stronger it was funny trying to watch him do the hip trendy things to keep hold of the younger women.Which he never did manage and she left him sometime down the road for a much younger bloke ;)
    Lucky we never had children so I have no idea where he is or what he is doing now and dont care :)

Look after yourself and keep wearing your lovely dresses that make you feel good.Take one day at a time and you will get stronger ;)
    Well done for your no spending that is amazing :TWe are all very proud of you.What do you fancy doing to your house ? As I am there at the moment and would love to hear you ideas

Mav x

Thank you Mavvymoo.
    I'm sorry that this happened to you too. Its such a cliche isn't it? The male mid life crisis

Its the lying that has hurt me too, I think I am still in shock about the whole betrayal to be honest. And it certainly hasn't left me feeling good about myself, that's for sure. That's why I am trying to make myself put on something nice, and straighten my hair, and wear a pretty shoe. Just because I am rejected by him doesn't mean I am a write off does it?!
    Although the amount of crying I am doing on a daily basis probably isn't making me look that great!

I am pleased I haven't bought anything though. I'm hoping that when all his clothes finally go, I will have more wardrobe space so I might actually be able to see what I own for once!

With regards to the house, I am going to turn his study into my sewing room. I need to make it mine and although the children will still use it for homework, I am going to put up some Cath K wallpaper and get some new prints for the walls. I never used to go in there before so it will be lovely. I haven't done much sewing this year at all, so making a new space for it will be a fresh start.

I also want to redecorate the lounge which was 'his domain'. I only have a very small budget but want to wallpaper and get new curtains, and change the TV unit, and get a bookcase to have some of my lovely books on display. I am quite good at being thrifty when I need to and am spending my ipad time scouring furniture online rather than clothes. Am planning a trip to Ikea to check a few things out this week. At the moment I don't even go in the lounge except to open or close the curtains. I'm going to have a fifties style wallpaper in a really bold print. No compromises, just exactly what I want and no man to give an opinion!

It's probably good for me to have a little project right now.

I was thinking today about the shopping I used to do, and wondering if I was just trying to get his attention, albeit in a negative way. I was never satisfied no matter what I bought.

Anyway enough of the amateur psychology! Well done to all of you for your miniscule or non existent spends.
    Fashion on the Ration 2020 - 5/66 spent
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Vintagegal keep your eyes on Freecycle & Gumtree & ebay local to you, I got some gorgeous wallpaper last year for £2.95 + collection, 5 full rolls of £20 paper :D.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • vintagegal
    vintagegal Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    Vintagegal keep your eyes on Freecycle & Gumtree & ebay local to you, I got some gorgeous wallpaper last year for £2.95 + collection, 5 full rolls of £20 paper :D.

Wow, you must have been over the moon! Going to have a look now...
    Fashion on the Ration 2020 - 5/66 spent
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Floss wrote: »

just thinking the same thing - someone posted 5 rolls of paper on my freecycle over the weekend - if i'd have known I'd have nabbed it for you xx

And not, you're not a write off - you're a classic Chanel LBD to her one season Primarni xx

Mav my leggings have now been posted on the slow boat from China - was thinking of cancelling them but I'll see if they ever arrive. Knowing how you enjoy my tales of leggings, these are the ones I bought in the US when I was in full on emotional shopping mode. Subtle I think, nes pas? :rotfl:

http://www.aeropostale.com/lld-photo-real-cropped-leggings/product.jsp?productId=78251726&cp=3534618.43421136.79648136.79933856.79972246

For plain t-shirts have you tried Primarni, or is it you that hates theirs? I got my vest tops from there last summer - not had a chance to see if they have the slouchy ones again this year (hoping so as i've worn some of mine out)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all :D Funny kerri I was just looking at that website a little while ago they have some lovely leggings etc :D Was tempted but I am really trying hard not to buy as I DONT NEED THEM :rotfl:

vintagegal that sounds so lovely and yes its great to be able to please yourself as to what you want.The sewing room what a great idea claim back your space and use it :D
    It does get easier I promise but you will keep thinking about the lies he told you and more and more will come up and as you piece it all together it will hurt so much.Why people just cant be honest about how they are feeling I will never know.

I have just got lovely almost new Jl sofas from Gumtree in fact they are being delivered today :D Cost £3500 18 months ago mine for £350 ;)
    So keep looking also check out your local FB selling sites as you get wallpaper on there all the time. There is also Cath K selling sites on FB so have a dig around and see what you can pick up.

You will be ok I promise just keep telling yourself that. :Dhold your head up and move forward as you are already doing. One day soon you will go to bed and realise you havent cried once that day :)

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• AliceBanned
    AliceBanned Posts: 3,048 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've noticed two people looking at my shoes over the past few days.

I have an old pair that are comfortable for walking (long distances I do on journey to work and I can't be bothered going in shops for a new pair at the mo).

I am not sure whether I am conscious of them so I notice people looking or it is just my imagination because I know they need replacing. I will replace them when it suits me (financially).

It isn't so much the money for shoes it is just that I have got completely out of the mentality of buy now pay later and keeping up with the Jones's. I have other priorities and sometimes how I look (within reason) is not my main one.

Maybe in retirement I will be in my Laboutins giving them condescending looks..because I won't be repaying debts like them. ;)

It's interesting how much pressure we are put on by society. We don't have to look perfectly groomed all the time, why should we?! Yes it is nice and yes it is good for a special occasion but I go to work to earn money not to buy designer shoes to go to work. I love clothes, I love style but I have bills and debts to repay and that is more important. That's my current mentality anyway. I noticed a colleague looking at them. She has a buy to let flat and a boyfriend with a good salary. Who is she to judge someone who works hard but doesn't have those things (besides, I might be a bit more picky about my boyfriends than her). :D
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    vintagegal - your decorating projects sound great. Hold your head high - you are worth two of your ex.

mavvy - well done on the sofas - you really do know how to hunt down a bargain.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Lincsdebt
    Lincsdebt Posts: 97 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all

I've just come across this thread, but at the end of last year I was thinking about resolutions (as you do) and decided to try not to buy any new clothes this year, unless absolutely necessary. It's now mid-March and all I have bought is one pack of tights (£2.25 from Morrisons) cos I didn't have any flesh colour ones. I also decided to see what I didn't wear this year and pass it on to charity shop if it's good enough at the end of the year.

Part of the reason is that I'm 61 and feel I don't need to buy any work clothes as I have loads and would hope to retire before they wear out. I'm also at the end of an IVA and just want it over now.

So far so good, will check in to this site again now I've found it!

Fingers crossed, I can stick it out. Will be glad when the weather improves and I can vary my outfits a bit!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure