Muchin's diary of recover; becoming debt free and being happy

Options

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Woo hoo it's the 1st of December:xmastree: I love Xmas I do and I've been attempting to curb my enthusiasm until today but that's it I can now move into fully Xmas annoying mode :rotfl:

Next week the N&Ns are being dragged to the cinema to see Arthur Xmas, it was their idea but I'm looking forward to it as well.:)

I had a really good nights sleep (still struggling to get out of bed:)).

So plans
    • shower
    • find something to wear (have neglected the ironing this week)
    • brekkie
    • pop to shops for bikkies, milk and paper.

Today's the day when all the direct debits go out and my bank account deflates quite badly but the positive is that these direct debits kick of my challenges for this diary.

• Cherryjack
    Cherryjack Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got to love christmas :-) me and OH taking our son to see arthur aswell.. will be his first time to the cinema.. converted our tesco vouchers so save a little :) but will pay the upgrade to the 3D..
    Good luck with your monthly budgets.. its a hard month xmas..but a little planning can help
  • BEAT_THE_DEBT
    Options
    Hi:santa2:we went to see Arthur Christmas last week it was lovely.
    Well done on being all over your budget i honestly think when you start it becomes second nature.
    We do secret santa in work it was £7.50 now its gone up to £10 :mad: lol only joking ho ho ho merry christmas.:xmastree:
    BTDXX
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi Cherryjack & BTD, another day done and it's nearly the weekend:).

Cj - after reading your post I tootled over to the tesco website but unfortunately my cinema hasn't signed up to tesco but it was worth a try.:) Good luck yourself as well

BTD - thank goodness we don't do secret santa in work. I find it hard enough thinking of pressies for family n friends that I would be stumped with work colleagues.

The n&ns are not playing ball. They say they want to go see Alvin and the chipmunks next week but it's not on. I want to see Arthur:D

So spends today - I know this is supposed to be a debt free diary but there seems to be a lot of spending going on:o

I started the morning with planned spends of £3.07 on bikkies, milk and paper for work. Then I went to Mr T as I had to buy vegetable oil £3.49 and also got the 6 bottles of wine with 25% off (£21.95) which will honestly do from now until the New Year. I also bought a small selection box for OH (£2), cards (£2), choc bells for tree (2.50) & wrapping (£2). I'm disappointed with choc bells as I thought they were £1 and didn't realise until I got home that they were £2.50. Need to pay more attention. On the way home I bought 4 boxes of chocs for all the family & 1 for work which worked out at £17.98.

By my calculations then this means that

• £3.49 came out of grocery budget.
    • £48.43 out of Xmas budget

I then took N&Ns bowling which was great craic and not too many rows:). Spends £12 for the lane, £1.80 on 3 juices and £3.40 on 3 icecreams. Total £17.20

I think my calculations are all ok. I will now go and work out how much I have left in my budgets. I'm pretty sure that I have torpedoed my Xmas budget.

On happier news I received 4 x £25 M&S vouchers form Sky:T and Mazuma mobile confirmed the £45 payment for my old mobile.:T

Back in a minute
  • Munchin
    Options
    Dashing back in with my calculations -:p

As at 01 Dec 2011-

Groceries - [STRIKE]£80[/STRIKE]/£69.44
    Entertainment - [STRIKE]£60[/STRIKE]/£42.80
    Clothes £50/£ waiting for dress to turn up first:)
    Christmas - [STRIKE]£300[/STRIKE]/£22.32

• Munchin
    Options
    Morning all

It's Friday:j:j:j:j:j:j

Just watching Martin on Daybreak and he's made me feel a whole lot better about only buying chocs for N&Ns. Last year it would have cost me nearly £200 this year it works out about £30. Which is a brilliant saving.

I don't think today will be an NSD as OH and I usually get a pizza on a Friday night. OH isn't working today so maybe he will cook.

I'm going into work a wee bit later today as it's Friday and it will be a long time to 5 or 6.

Have a lovely day everyone.

• Munchin
    Options
    Morning all:)

I love the weekends. OH is still snoring in bed, we have totally opposite body clocks but it gives me a chance to update my diary.

The shoes of wonder have arrived and they are gorgeous. I've inherited my love of shoes from my mum so it's not my fault:D. My sister was coveting them straight away, so once I had wrestled them from her grasp they were safely put away:). They are quite high but after a drink that won't be a bother. The dress also turned up and it's a miracle worker. I do have a bit of a tummy but you wouldn't know it in this dress. So the shoes are out of my mobile money and the dress is out of the clothes budget.

I did try to see if sister had shoes and handbag I could borrow but she wears heels that are 5 inches +. I tried a pair on and promptly fell over :ohowever she's going to do my fake tan next week for the party so some money saved.

Yesterday in work the managers put money in for the Xmas tree fund. In the office move the old decorations must have been dumped so apart from a sprig of tinsel we're not very festive. So that's £10 out of my Xmas budget.

I also checked my bank account and it looks like 2 payments of £13 to work healthcare have gone out when only 1 should have gone out. It's not on my SOA as it always came straight from salary but for whatever reason they wanted it changed to DD.

Last night OH and I had pizza but we shared the cost so I spent £4.30 and it was delicious:)

Plans today -
    • helping OH put in a hearth;
    • put on appt to have hair trimmed next sat;
    • need to look for cheap bag and ring to go with shoes of wonder and miracle dress.
    • boring usual - tidy up house, washing & ironing - boo:(
    Money update -

As at 03 Dec 2011-

Groceries -
    [STRIKE]£80[/STRIKE]/£65.14
    Entertainment -
    [STRIKE]£60[/STRIKE]/£42.80
    Clothes
    [STRIKE]£50[/STRIKE]/£20.16
    Christmas -
    [STRIKE]£300[/STRIKE]/£12.32

Have a lovely saturday everyone.

• Munchin
    Options
    Hi all

Update so far today -
    Munchin wrote: »

Plans today -
    • [STRIKE]helping OH put in a hearth[/STRIKE]- I couldn't even lift it so he's drafted in a mate - thank goodness;
    • [STRIKE]put on appt to have hair trimmed next sat[/STRIKE] - 2pm next Sat;
    • [STRIKE]need to look for cheap bag and ring to go with shoes of wonder and miracle dress[/STRIKE] - bag was £10 in Dotty P and ring was £4 in Newlook.
    • [STRIKE]boring usual - tidy up house, washing & ironing - boo[/STRIKE]:( - in OHs house and not much done as there is cement dust flying:)

On the money front I spent £14 out of clothes budget for bag & ring. I chose a simple black bag that shouldn't go out of fashion and should last me a while. Of course being honest the bag I really wanted was £25 but I resisted.

I then went to B&M bargains and got a money tin in preparation for next year. I actually had £184 in my old one as I asked Mum & OH to give me their £2 coins. OH was good as he never asked for them to be replaced:T So that is where my Isa money came from. I have the other £24 in my room but I will now put it in this pot that I can't get into.

I also spent £4.95 on cereal bars & plastic dinosaurs ( i took nephew with me which was a mistake) so total spends today.

£14 - handbag & ring
    £5.94 - money pot, cereal bar and plastic dionosaurs
    80p car parking.

I've still got dinner to find.

Budgets as at 03 Dec 2012 (later in the day :o)

Groceries - £[STRIKE]80[/STRIKE]/£58.40
    Entertainment -
    £[STRIKE]60[/STRIKE]/£42.80
    Clothes
    £[STRIKE]50[/STRIKE]/£6.16
    Christmas -
    £[STRIKE]300[/STRIKE]/£12.32

I know I haven't got much left in my budgets but I really shouldn't need much more. I do have money that from Jan onwards will go as extra money towards my debts but this month I'm keeping it in reserve in case I need it.

Spends this week should be -

• cinema with N&Ns - £20?
    • Xmas dinner with running club - £20?
    • eyebrow wax & tint - £16
    • hair cut - £20?
    Yup that is the budget killed.
  • Cherryjack
    Cherryjack Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    keep up the good work lol..ive hit my budgets 2 :) have so much to do in the house, will be staying in to save money :) ... arthur next sunday.. cant wait :-)
  • BEAT_THE_DEBT
    Options
    Hi do you have a cinema 241 day with you or orange wed? Well done on m&s vouchers and mazuma! You are doing really well x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure