PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 October 2017 at 10:56PM
    Options
    Quick pleasures for today (Friday).

1) Very difficult evening with bigger son yesterday so let him sleep in until 9 today (no college on Fridays). I had to go back to bed too otherwise I would have woken him up.

2) Smaller son got 84% in his big maths test.

3) Went to borrow my brother's hair clippers (bigger son decided to chop his hair off) but they were not powerful enough to cope with so much hair! Had to go to the barbers, even after I'd hacked a few inches off with scissors.

4) Went to a farm locally where I'd seen a sign for free muck. They hadn't got any today but such a friendly lady. Said I can go back any time and just to open the gate to the field and help myself.

5) Cleaned the hens out.

6) Smaller son had PE, then practical sports studies THEN football practice today! Also booked him 2 days of extra football practice in half term (same coach and set up) so he is happy.

7) Swept all the leaves up in the garden though I am sure Hurricane Brian will bring more.

8) Watched Gogglebox and the Last Leg.

Keep going, MHags!
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    I've been absent long enough that mhagster is in the air!

* Errands done and dusted getting me ready for foot fusion on Monday. :eek:

* Fab-U-Loso weekend of family reunion and 90th birthday bash for XMIL. Her daughter was my best friend in Highschool, so it was fun catching up with her. Quoye met lots of new cousins and saw lots of old ones she already knew. My DH did fairly well considering all those people were my XOH's family. He loves my kids and his daughter, that was raised together with mine, fit right in with everyone.

* Quoye was a doll. The time before she was in the "Don't touch me" phase...not enjoyable at all! Thankfully that didn't last long.

* Our youngest daughter flew in from Pennsylvania and was an absolute joy. She's so much fun to be around!

* No politics or religion discussions at the reunion. There is W I D E division within this family on these topics and if brought up could have started major upheavals. (It's hard not to talk politics in America right now so a major blessing here!!!)

* We fed 50 people two meals on Saturday and it was not backbreaking to do so because my darling DD1 is a major organizer! She bought disposable dishes for the first time ever! I did not have to stand for hours doing dishes. Happy me!!

* She even organized a photographer and paid him for all the family pictures. I know what I'm getting for Christmas!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • bagpuss38
    Options
    mhags.
    I have loved your Australian adventures, we have all been with you through the highs and the lows.
    May you and OH have a safe and peaceful journey home, and I look forward to further adventures of mr haggis and tales of yummy cakeage.
    Bon voyage xx
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Home Mhags!

Last few days......

1. Stayed as late as possible at work last few days, but did not have to do much cooking, as had takeaway, and ready meals!

2. Doggy been very clingy because of Diwali fireworks. I have enjoyed lots of doggy cuddles.

3. Half term!

4. Changing the pictures in the living room to a Japan theme using our Japan souvenirs. (Wish we had bought more stuff!).

5. Fell asleep in front of log burner last night. (Feeling guilty cos we Have a log burner and a diesel car........bought for good reasons :money:......now feel like public enemy number 1 for polluting the planet! :().

Happy weekend! :j
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mhags welcome back. Please take some time for yourself. I am amazed at how much you have achieved in such a short time. Hugs.

For the past couple of days.

1. Not many on Thursday work was bad and looked for other jobs
    Didn't find any with similar pay which I am qualified for. My line manager saw me and I explained why. New computer system will take longer than last and I couldn't finish my work then. At least my feelings rare now known.

2. Packed and cooked easy tea on Thursday. House tidy as we are away in France for a couple of days. Made an effort with house as DS2 also away so house will stay tidy.

3. Having lunch on Friday sitting outside in the sun ad it was warm . Lovely. Lunch was good seafood gratin, cod and then selection of 3 desserts and wine for 15 euros.

4. Walk by the sea and watching the waves. Love the sea.

5. Watching birds gathering great flocks of them preparing to migrate. They tend to stay for a few days.

6. Evening in the appartment. Early evening on the balcony and a quick snooze as up at 2.30. Then ate inside with glass or two of wine listening to music then watched a programme on French revolution from an art historian perspective. Interesting.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If only we lived closer Frith you could have all the Lulu muck you would need :)

Friday pleasures,

Two more dead mice in the boiler cupboard, the poison is doing what the humane traps couldn't but the guilt still reigns.

Gave little dog a mini clip so no more fluffy, spaniel feet with mug stuck to them.

Despite being in on both ocassions, delivery driver says he couldn't deliver parcel, pleasure was complaint sent to company, we have had problems with this courier before.

Brought dirty horse in, worked hard and clean horse went out, wearing waterproof rug.

Caught up on extra slice and last episode of Stella :(
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Welcome back mhags!

Spent the last couple of days with my parents. Nice to catch up with them and friends nearby.

Pleasures:

1) Cooked a lovely Diet Cola Chicken dish. Enough for 4 portions (so 2 will go in the freezer) and a smaller one just for stirring through pasta. Yum.

2) Visited the local farmers' market this morning. Picked up some pies to go in the freezer for DH.

3) Sold a few more books through Facebook. A whole £2 headed my way.

4) Took a huge bag of decent stuff to the charity shop. I feel so bad at the waste of the money I've had but time to declutter and move on. And the charity get some decent quality stock.

5) Popped round to a friend's house as I'm looking after her dog on Monday, so needed instructions. Had a lovely catch up and a coffee at the same time. Pretty perfect.

Have a great Saturday everyone :wave: .
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. DD had a brilliant time away on a school trip :)

2. I had a brilliant time staying at KW's; got breakfast and packed lunch made for me every day :):)

3. We now have an 'orchard' at the allotment, courtesy of very reduced fruit trees in Hbase - last week, priced at £18 each, this week £4.50! Cherry, apple, pear and plum 6ft trees :)

4. Had lovely, if very long, parents' evenings.

5. Managed to get through the week, and it's now half term, yippee!

6. My new tablets from the doctor seem to be suiting me well.

7. KW bought me a fab cushion :)

8. We went out to dinner with his family to celebrate his parents' golden wedding anniversary, and they were all hoping to meet DD!

9. Haven't cried this week.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all - I am literally watching paint dry (chalk paint on the wardrobe in DD's bedroom. Never again will i use white over a dark colour - it's taken 4 coats...)

Welcome home Mhags and Haggis - I have been ridiculously concerned for Haggis, flying so far on his own. I have never given any thought to any other dog who's had to do that...

Pleasures for yesterday / today.

1. Painting, painting painting. Luckily i don't mind it. DD's new room has taken the wall paint well (a sort of raspberry colour). Wardrobe (was grey) and door (horrid pine) are now white. Just giving them a bit longer to dry before I wax them, then move the wardrobe into position. A bit of paint touching in, and a carpet to be cleaned and we can move her - hopefully Monday
    2. Contacted some women who had previously indicated willingness to be interviewed. Two have so far agreed - but I only sent the emails yesterday at 4.30. One interview arranged for Friday, the other will be the week after, I hope.
    3. cooked autumn / winter vegetable casserole. Was 'lish, with three portions for the freezer
    4. Lunch with my boy today.. He looks really well. he has gone with OH to the footie this PM. OH is trying to persuade him to come home for the night. i won't blame him if he doesn't, it's such chaos here - and he doesn't have a room at the moment. I am really pleased he is so happy in Liverpool
    5. Delicious shiraz viognier. Some on Thursday, a couple of glasses last night, and there's a glass left in the bottle. And another bottle....

Have a good evening all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 October 2017 at 9:10PM
    Options
    6 ft trees at that price! Yes please!
    Clean horse, she must feel so much better.
    I haven't tried my Coke BBQ chicken dish with Diet Coke and had stopped making it because of the sugar. I'm so happy to know it's yum with Diet Coke!
    France for a few days!!!!! ( jealous) I can't even begin to imagine....now Mexico...
    I too have been thinking of our dear Haggis! Hoping jet lag doesn't last too long for you Mhags!
    And Japan themed living room!

* All medical equipment put together or borrowed. I am very nervous about being non weight bearing on that foot for so long. I have lots of people to help so it will be fine but I'm still a bit anxious.

* Batch cooking today, BBQ chicken, grilled pork chops, taco soup, spaghetti sauce, green chile chicken enchiladas, burrito filling and chile beans (chile is spelled correctly for green chile)
    I won't go hungry.

* DD3 on FaceTime today. She had her last Gold event for the semester. She's chairman and the events are a big deal for her 200 high school girls. This one was an all night blowout with games and a dance party and songs sung and general goofiness galore. She said is was fantastic with the girls letting loose and having a hilarious night of fun and laughter. She looked exhausted and happy.

* DD1 is coming on Thursday night for the weekend after she gets through seeing patients in clinic that day. She wants to make sure all is running well and get my guys lined out if needed.
    I think it's such a beautiful loving gesture. She knows I'm nervous and sees my need for reassurance.

* DS3 called to say if I needed them to come the next weekend they would. I'm hoping by then I'll be up and rolling around on my knee scooter with confidence. I'm a great patient and always do well with doctor instructions. I guess being married to one for so long got me in the habit of carefully following medical advice.
    Anyway this son loves the car we gave him for his B-day and sold his other Rav4 for a lot more than he thought he would get. Happy guy!

The weather here is just beautiful in October. We have had lots of soft rain and gorgeous temperate weather. Our chrysanthemums are glorious.

Tomorrow we travel to the city to stay overnight for early surgery on Monday morning. I'm eating something good tomorrow like maybe lobster. Or King crab legs! Oh and I stocked up on red wine. I hear it makes hydrocodone more effective. :D
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport