Non-coupon related Drivel Thread 10

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    *shuffles in* hello everyone, remember me? Apologies for me prolonged absence - however this was for a happy reason as I have been on holibobs - and big holibobs at that. My best friend was getting married so we've been to Oz (no wizards there but a beautiful bride). We also stopped in Indonesia on the way back and all in all I am a very lucky gal and have had the most amazing time.

This was all booked before other things went bottoms up and timing wasn't exactly good, but I am so so glad we went and I shared in my friends special day. It was 110% worth it. On other news front, it looks like things are positive now, I should hopefully be able to share details in a few days but don't want to jinx anything yet.

Red - I see you've been driving - enjoy the freedom - never mind CW's advise of a hoe, i advocate a gardener! :rotfl:
    CW - sorry to hear the news on your knee wasn't better, but I hope things can be improved for you with physio and additional assistance aids. x How is DS foot now?
    jeferey - glad to hear that the issue with your back has been found and its nothing sinister. Do try and take it easy - perhaps only accept FB / FG who can be used for some allotment manual labour for a while ;) (I am kidding!) But do try and take it easy and avoid potholes on that bike.

Thank you all for asking after me while I've been away - the support from everyone in RL and VL has really meant a lot to me in the past few months. x
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• CouponWoman
    CouponWoman Posts: 6,065 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning red, kerri and Jeferey

kerri - we have missed your lovely posts these last few months and its great to hear that you are over the worst of what happened. Its great you got to your friends wedding, it sounds like the trip of a lifetime.

red - hope your continuing to improve and get back to normal soon. I agree with kerri, get a gardener to do the hard work and you can then just potter at your own convenience. lol.

Jeferey - hope your feeling ok and the back problem is improving. No digging for a while to give your back time to rest and recover.

Lovely weather again today, the sun is shining so good washing/drying day again. Did 3 was loads yesterday and all dried and away.

CWxx
  • CouponWoman
    Options

Strange weather atm. One day cold, raining and miserable and the next can be sunny and warm. Wish it would make its mind up if this is summer or not. Today is the cold, wet and miserable day so not putting washing out for me. Will save it for tomorrow as its supposed to be dry.

Hope everyone is ok

CWxx
  • kerri_gt
    Options

Strange weather atm. One day cold, raining and miserable and the next can be sunny and warm. Wish it would make its mind up if this is summer or not. Today is the cold, wet and miserable day so not putting washing out for me. Will save it for tomorrow as its supposed to be dry.

Hope everyone is ok

CWxx

I'm afraid we have your sun here then CW sunny and warm and a wash out drying for me.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 26 May 2016 at 8:11PM
    Options
    Evening guys, sorry been AWOL! Really busy with project at work, only 4 weeks to go. On holiday now until 13th June. We're off to Whitby Saturday with FD & DD2, can't wait!
    Back not 100% but doing ok thanks. Cycled to work last Friday, only 20 miles each way lol.
    Take care everyone :D
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • CouponWoman
    Options

Lovely weather here again today, been nice and sunny and warm for the last 4 days so keeping on top of washing.

My ds did the garden yesterday but didn't finish the weeding, might ask him to do some more later. No chance at all I can do it, but I am good at supervising. lol.

Rubbish taken to tip yesterday as well so the garden is looking a lot tidier anyway.

Hope your back gets better while your on holiday Jeferey, no cycling, no gardening. Hope the weather stays fine for you.

Hope you have ice sunny weather too kerri.

Take care everyone.

CWxx
  • jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks CW :D
    Weather not great today but had a lovely time so far. Went into Scarborough today, wandered around the shops, found a lovely cafe for lunch. Back at the holiday cottage now and it's raining - oh well :p
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • CouponWoman
    Options
    Hi red, kerri and Jeferey

Still got lovely weather here. Great for getting washing dry, gardens weeded and tidied, makes you feel so much better having some sunshine. Supposed to be good tomorrow too so will get the washing out early.

My ds tidied the garage a bit today and threw out some rubbish. Why do we keep things saying they might come in useful one day............like the old ink leaking printer he shifted today. lol.

Hope the rest of your holidays stays dry Jeferey.

CWxx
  • CouponWoman
    Options
    Morning red, kerri and Jeferey

Wow, its so hot again today its unbelievable for so early in June. I have 2 loads of washing out and my dh and ds are painting the kitchen atm.

The neighbours 2 cats are struggling to find a cool place to sleep, so far they have tried the stairs, in our car, (while dh cleaning it) my chair in the kitchen, under the dining table and naughty kitties, on top of the dining table. They keep walking slowly around looking for a cool spot. We put a bowl of water out for them, the owners go to work at 8 and don;t leave them any food or water out so the cats come straight across to us.

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine while it lasts.

CWxx
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    Evening all - I'm back (briefly - am actually away again shortly, this time business not pleasure)

Well, I am not sure whether things have calmed down but, we've moved :) When things all went a bit / lot bottoms up we suddenly found ourselves in a position where we had to move totally unexpectedly - went from one possible scenario to totally the opposite so naturally we felt like we had the rug / world pulled from under us. It was an extremely tight timescale and a difficult situation - BUT, it has all worked out now - we're in our new house and busy making it our own :j Stressful not the word to cover it, esp with the big holiday booked just before it all happened but I'm now past wanting to punch anyone in the face who deemed to comment 'everything happens for a reason' and just trying to look forward now.

Weather here has been glorious today, cat has been out lying on the decking (she's totally settled in the new pad which is good) and I've managed to get a couple of washes out too.

CW tidying the garage is on my list of things to do when I'm back - we didn't have much of a chance to de-clutter before moving (not that we have that much stuff, despite what OH says) so am going to sort loft / garage stuff - get rid of what we don't need and do a car boot too. We got some new shelving for the garage at the weekend from H0mebase - £23 for some sturdy zinc racking, that has boards on the shelf bases rather than wire stuff where things sit wonky or fall through. Shame I don't have much of a stash to put on it atm - will have to work on that when things calm down a bit.

jeferey hope you're enjoying your holiday

red how's the knee?
    JAN NSD 11/16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business