Experian through credit club

Options
I've just had a letter from Experian telling me that my free trial is starting and after 30 days I will be billed £14.99, yet I have not signed to to Experian.

I have accessed my report through credit club though, has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Are you sure the error is not down to you?

This is the MSE one:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub

I reckon you may have clicked this instead:
    https://www.creditexpert.co.uk/

Either way, cancel the Credit Expert membership and make sure you are signed up to the MSE one.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • annie12
    annie12 Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 May 2017 at 11:09AM
    Options
    I've just had a letter from Experian telling me that my free trial is starting and after 30 days I will be billed £14.99, yet I have not signed to to Experian.

I have accessed my report through credit club though, has anyone else had this problem?

I have had that letter too, this morning.
    I only viewed my report through credit club.

Just to add I signed up to MSE Credit Club months ago, not recently.
  • jpmbosco
    jpmbosco Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me to I had the same letter, what's going on?
    I only signed up to Credit Club!
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hmmm, if 3 of you are reporting to have received the same letter maybe something amiss has happened.

When did you all sign up to the credit club?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • ontheup1972
    ontheup1972 Posts: 90 Forumite
    edited 15 May 2017 at 11:16AM
    Options
    Candyapple wrote: »
    Are you sure the error is not down to you?

This is the MSE one:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub

I reckon you may have clicked this instead:
    https://www.creditexpert.co.uk/

Either way, cancel the Credit Expert membership and make sure you are signed up to the MSE one.

I'm 99% sure I accessed my experian credit report through the "new, free" feature on MSE credit club, which I'm a member of.

I have been a credit club member for months.
  • annie12
    Options
    I joined 10/09/2016.
  • jpmbosco
    jpmbosco Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It says I joined 10th May 2017
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    edited 15 May 2017 at 11:54AM
    Options
    Hi all

Thanks for your posts. I'm really sorry to say unfortunately Experian has had a technical glitch and sent some Credit Club members a letter about its Credit Expert service.

I'd like to reassure you that MSE's Credit Club is entirely fee, and you will not be charged for using it.

We're looking into how this issue occured with Experian and will be also asking to ensure it takes steps to prevent this from happening in the future.

If you've received a letter, you can simply ignore it. I'll update this thread a little later today with some more info.

I hope this helps to reassure you.
  • elonii
    elonii Posts: 62 Forumite
    edited 15 May 2017 at 11:28AM
    Options
    I have also had this letter this morning, thank goodness it is a glitch. Although I wish I had come here to check prior to a minor nervous breakdown and firing off an angry e-mail to Experian! They are currently experiencing "high call volumes" on their cancellation service phone line. Perhaps quite a few of us got these.

Off to calm down!
  • annie12
    Options
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi all

Thanks for your posts. I'm really sorry to say unfortunately Experian has had a technical glitch and sent some Credit Club members a letter about its Credit Expert service.

I'd like to reassure you that MSE's Credit Club is entirely fee, and you will not be charged for using it.

We're looking into how this issue occured with Experian and will be also asking to ensure it takes steps to prevent this from happening in the future.

If you've received a letter, you can simply ignore it. I'll update this thread a little later today with some more info.

I hope this helps to reassure you.

Thanks, Dan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family